Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hoping it'll be better next year for tottenham, but with this result I believe next season will be a season of greater change than seen since Poch's first season.
(hoping for the best, but expecting tottenham to finish top 6 next year, but top 4 this year)

DAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN DAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
Tottenham fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respect
mDAN IS THE MAN
Tottenham fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respect
fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respectam fans are raging over lack of DAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
ignings but Daniel Levy deserveDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
Tottenham fans are raging over lack of signingsDAN IS THE MAN
but Daniel Levy deserves respectDAN IS THE MAN
Tottenham fans are raging over lack ofDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhDAN IS THE MAN
TottenhaDAN IS THE MAN
mDAN IS THE MAN
fans are raging over lack of signings but Daniel Levy deserves respectam fans are raging over lack of DAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
signings but Daniel Levy deserves respect
mDAN IS THE MAN
sDAN IS THE MAN
s respectDAN IS THE MAN
At the end of all this Lol......must be worn off his keypad......lol......:llorishuh:

Poch only this week said he is always open to making the squad better. He's no mug, he just knows that to get a player of better quality in will come at a premium price he probably isn't prepared to pay.

Would Grealish improve the squad? Definitely in my opinion even if he isn't the glamour name some want, does it warrant chucking £40m at. He takes everything a team the club from top to bottom seriously I believe and should be lauded for it. He knows where we can improve but he also respects the phase the club is in when it comes to some many different facets

So with the money we made on Dembele that fee becomes 30 million?

If we can't match the money Bournemouth are spending in the transfer market then we are truly fucked at improving on this squad.

"To Dare Is To Do" is fast becoming a fucking joke, and before anyone mentions the cost of Danny Boy's new gin palace, i was led to believe that transfer funds were "ring fenced"?

Not sure whether its i'm still numb from Thursday,but i couldn't get the hump yesterday.
Don't get me wrong,i am gutted we are out of the Cup, but i didn't get wound up like i normally would.
I don’t think anyone in the stadium was wound up. We can all see the side we had and, with the injuries, the result was not unexpected. For me, the fact that it wasn’t Chelsea (who I hate more than anyone) probably helped in a weird way.

I don’t think anyone in the stadium was wound up. We can all see the side we had and, with the injuries, the result was not unexpected. For me, the fact that it wasn’t Chelsea (who I hate more than anyone) probably helped in a weird way.

Yer joking.
First half there were punches being thrown, i got shoved in the back making my way into the concourse just before half-time for no reason, fuck knows who did it.
Had enough and me and my mate fucked off out of there half-time.
The league game there was alright though even with that rain.

He is allowed to win the FA Cup you know.
Top 4 doesn’t depend on Lloris being rested.
Gazzaniga cost us key goals in these two games as did Vorm in the semis
Righto.
The only one out of the 4 he could be questioned over was Cante's goal, which took two deflections before it went through his legs - personally, I think any member of the goalies union would argue that those shots are almost impossible to stop.
Palaces first. he did well to get to the first shot, after that it was bad luck/Foyth & Sanchez could have been sharper

Poor analysis IMO

I am a member of the goalies union and the Kante goal was a poor one, he got nothing behind it.
I can overlook that one though as he has had some very good games.

The Palace one, I don't blame him at all but it has to be said, if it was Hugo people would talking about "weak wrists".

He is a good shot stopper and has great distribution but he doesn't seem to command his area. He has looked a bit hesitant at times.

He is a very good keeper but at age 27 you have to ask why he has never been first choice at a top league team, apart from one season at Vallecano.

I think he's been a great little signing for the rumoured money he supposedly cost.

When you consider that Ward cost Leicester £12.5m to be their backup goalie Gazza's shown great value as an initial 3rd choice keeper.

Got a fair bit to learn even though he's 27 but if goalkeepers peak late I'm intrigued as to what he could become if a few things get worked on & first team experience gained

I agree. He's a very impressive 2nd choice who is rumoured to have cost peanuts. He's been a good bit of business when other backup goalies have cost teams £12m-£13m etc

With a bit of work, some confidence etc he could see more first team action but that's still a fair bit off as he goes through the motions of stepping up from 3rd choice to 2nd
In fairness to Gazza, at SB I was right above the goal and, in real time, it was a very tough one for any keeper, both with the deflections and the wet surface. Chavs had the sprinklers on before the game which would have made it harder for goalies (I guess) - which makes it a shame that we didn’t try and shoot more often, early and from distance.

I am a member of the goalies union and the Kante goal was a poor one, he got nothing behind it.
I can overlook that one though as he has had some very good games.

The Palace one, I don't blame him at all but it has to be said, if it was Hugo people would talking about "weak wrists".

He is a good shot stopper and has great distribution but he doesn't seem to command his area. He has looked a bit hesitant at times.

He is a very good keeper but at age 27 you have to ask why he has never been first choice at a top league team, apart from one season at Vallecano.
Then you must have been fooled by deflections from shots into a crowded area, and know how daft you feel when it goes past you but you're set up all wrong to block or save it. I have and I only started playing in goal when I couldn't keep up with playing outfield. A double deflection from a ball at that speed can make any keeper look an arse.
IMHO

Then you must have been fooled by deflections from shots into a crowded area, and know how daft you feel when it goes past you but you're set up all wrong to block or save it. I have and I only started playing in goal when I couldn't keep up with playing outfield. A double deflection from a ball at that speed can make any keeper look an arse.
IMHO
If it was a big deflection, or even one that took it past you at close quarters at speed, then yes.
Keepers train for deflections all the time.
When a ball is coming straight at you through a crowd of legs (or even when there are no defenders in the way) you should stay on your feet as long as possible and use your feet to clear the ball. (see De Gea)
You can't do anything for one that deflects away from you (no need to feel an arse) but one that goes through your legs, you do feel an arse and I guarantee that Gazza himself would feel he should of done better.

If it was a big deflection, or even one that took it past you at close quarters at speed, then yes.
Keepers train for deflections all the time.
When a ball is coming straight at you through a crowd of legs (or even when there are no defenders in the way) you should stay on your feet as long as possible and use your feet to clear the ball. (see De Gea)
You can't do anything for one that deflects away from you (no need to feel an arse) but one that goes through your legs, you do feel an arse and I guarantee that Gazza himself would feel he should of done better.
Everyone beats themselves up for missing a deflection, it's that crushing feeling of helplessness that never leaves you.
I'm sticking with my assertion that it's wrong to make out that it was a simple save missed.
The defence rests
As it did when Kante scored

Everyone beats themselves up for missing a deflection, it's that crushing feeling of helplessness that never leaves you.
I'm sticking with my assertion that it's wrong to make out that it was a simple save missed.
The defence rests
As it did when Kante scored
Ok
We'll agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom