Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am talking in general. Apart from freak Leicester season, teams who win title spent a lot. Do you not think city for example are better than us? & do you not think it's mainly because they spent more.
Do you also not think we won't win the title? Which means team(s) finished ahead of us. & they would have spent more than us. I think a big part of that is because of investment.
Why do you think teams keep finishing above us? If you disagree with it being spending power?
Not sure what this is about.
I said it is a false choice between winning cups and finishing top 4, they are not either/or. Even if you are finishing 5th and 6th all the time you are not going to be winning cups.
Obviously City being so good is connected to their spend, but I can't see it has much affect on us. We are not going to be spending at that level unless we are bought by Saudi Arabia or something.

Poch:
"People wish that in the end we win some trophies, but realistically we are doing so well. To win a title here in England like the FA Cup or Carabao Cup is to have luck as well as quality in your squad."

And planning, like planning over say almost five years in the job to have strength in depth. I am not knocking him, but if Levy has stated that transfer funds have been ring fenced and sit outside of the new stadium cost, and Poch believes that we have a good enough squad then i am concerned to be fair.

Eventually i truly feel that the lack of investment in players will be his downfall whether it is self inflicted, or he decides that he has taken the Club as far as he can.

One disappointing defeat i know, but blindingly obvious of the quality of our squad and recent purchases that have failed miserably to inspire even against mediocre opposition.

Hi
Just had to sign up always come on here and just read people’s post, I’m just now a spurs fans that sick to the teeth with our club, I cannot really fault the players as we have no strength in depth and haven’t bought a single player this season, the way the people at the top are treating us fans is a disgrace, come out and say the stadium won’t be ready till next season, only renewed by season ticket to go to the new place, no signing no nothing, I wouldn’t blame poch for leaving just a bad week as a spurs fans but also there are a few players that I do want to see leave at the end of the season, the main one is Dier he walk round the pitch like he don’t give a s hit

Rant over hopefully things can only get better, we only only really in the top 4 at the moment because of the failure of Man Utd and Woolwich this season

So glad you did... Refreshing take on things tbf.

Poch:

"It was a fair result. They scored and we didn’t. I can’t say anything about that. We can talk about possession and shots but if you don’t score you don’t deserve to win games."

"We came from a crazy fixture schedule and we were forced to make some changes. We knew it would be a tough season for us but not as tough as it has been. We’re out of two competitions since Wednesday and we’re disappointed."

"People wish that in the end we win some trophies, but realistically we are doing so well. To win a title here in England like the FA Cup or Carabao Cup is to have luck as well as quality in your squad."

"Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."

I'm sure a nonce will disagree with this post.
The most important thing for Tottenham now is to always be in the top four

There we have it, from the horses mouth so to speak.
We now know, if we didn't already, Poch's remit and the ethos of the club's owners

Money and profit first, Trophies and titles a distant second.

#doingittherightway

And planning, like planning over say almost five years in the job to have strength in depth. I am not knocking him, but if Levy has stated that transfer funds have been ring fenced and sit outside of the new stadium cost, and Poch believes that we have a good enough squad then i am concerned to be fair.

Eventually i truly feel that the lack of investment in players will be his downfall whether it is self inflicted, or he decides that he has taken the Club as far as he can.

One disappointing defeat i know, but blindingly obvious of the quality of our squad and recent purchases that have failed miserably to inspire even against mediocre opposition.

Poch only this week said he is always open to making the squad better. He's no mug, he just knows that to get a player of better quality in will come at a premium price he probably isn't prepared to pay.

Would Grealish improve the squad? Definitely in my opinion even if he isn't the glamour name some want, does it warrant chucking £40m at. He takes everything a team the club from top to bottom seriously I believe and should be lauded for it. He knows where we can improve but he also respects the phase the club is in when it comes to some many different facets

Poch only this week said he is always open to making the squad better. He's no mug, he just knows that to get a player of better quality in will come at a premium price he probably isn't prepared to pay.

Would Grealish improve the squad? Definitely in my opinion even if he isn't the glamour name some want, does it warrant chucking £40m at. He takes everything a team the club from top to bottom seriously I believe and should be lauded for it. He knows where we can improve but he also respects the phase the club is in when it comes to some many different facets
Jack Grealish is injured.

Back
Top Bottom