Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't worry guys, I had my nails done today (navy blue), and the last time I had them done was before the Barca game, and we got the result we wanted that night :coys:

Dont know what people expected with the lineup.

We played thursday and have games on wednesday and saturday - no choice but to rotate players

I’m not even angry over the game today, but I’m sad and despair that some people think the cups aren’t even worth trying to win.

What’s the point then? We aren’t good or consistent enough for the league or CL.

Back home and frozen to the core. After 3 away matches in a week, with how each ended up, I’m feeling mentally and emotionally broken, which may explain the tone of what I type.

Last Sunday I was ecstatic; today I’m just feeling sad at the state of our game and the approach of the club.

I don’t care what certain armchair fans or media people say, the FA Cup is a major trophy and it matters a lot. Look at the viewing figures for the matches on the BBC this weekend. It’s been a great weekend for the competition with some cracking results and lots of interesting matches. You can also look at the loyalty points needed for Tranmere and today.

It certainly matters to our club, and the atmosphere in the away end before the game reflected the anticipation, interest and excitement.

The support has been immense this past week. At SB we sang to the death and gave the team a standing ovation after the penalties, with loud support for Eric Dier.

Today, it was noisy again, and still very strong in the second half when it was clear we were going out. It would have been nice for Poch to show some appreciation for the backing we consistently give - it ain’t easy, it ain’t cheap, but it’s done out of passion and love for the badge.

I don’t blame Poch for these past two games. Who else can he pick? Maybe we could have started both games better but I’m no coach so can’t comment with any insight.

The positive today was that the youngsters got a run out and mostly looked decent - Foyth was a beast -but the rest are only as good as their talent allows. Sadly, it’s not good enough.

I just feel that the club are putting too much on our core squad, and beside the injury and exhaustion risk, surely some of them will be feeling just a bit miffed that they’re being left on their own. We have been unlucky with injuries, but we should also have better backup, and we need that quality of backup to be competitive for trophies.

The key question for me to our owners would be, what is the point of the ‘project’ if we’re passing up on winnable trophies along the way? Surely trophies are the aim? Or, as some feel, is the aim to create a compelling asset that some mega investor will acquire thereby filling ENIC’s coffers with the dividend they only ever got into football for.

Wednesday is huge.

After 37 injuries that has culminated in a fucking tyre fire of a week (right when we play cup games, of all times) - I think we'll look back at this and see that we were hamstrung (no pun intended) by the football gods to a massive degree. The semi final loss against United last season made me furious, but the Chelsea one this year really doesn't.

It's not a particularly 'glorious' sentiment, but given everything that has gone against us this season it's just a case of getting top 4 secured and getting into that new stadium that matters the most. It has to be better next season with a couple of new faces bedded in to improve the squad, no Wembley, and almost certainly fewer injuries (helped in no small part by the fact there is no international competition in the summer).

Some posters on here have some proper loser bootlicking mentality. How can some of you be so nonchalant at going out of 2 cups in a week and instantly start defending our strategy and board and moving the goalposts as if Levy and ENIC are your mothers

Back
Top Bottom