Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree with this. Still would give my left nut for one though.

Woolwich won a lot of FA Cups while on a downward spiral.
That’s because they stood still, stopped investing much and went through a managerial change. If they had some ambition after those FA cups they would have built on the winning mentality. Look at Liverpool, even though they lost the CL finalblast year you can instantly tell it inflated their confidence so now they play like they really believe they are Elite... but they still need to win the league this year ofcourse

Yeah I get what your saying but it all just feels a little pointless in the end

There is no way we are winning the league or Cl anytime soon

So do we just accept that we are unlikely to see a trophy for a considerable amount of time ?

Well unless you wanna front for a plane and a banner, then yeh.... Suck it the fuck up.

Harsh, yes, but true....

Was never ever one for jumping on banter about trophy droughts a few years back when a certain south London club was struggling with the particular issue and feel vindicated now, it's like a slow spreading virus which starts from rival fans then small sections of the media and before you know us the fans are also talking about it incessantly it's already infected Poch and now it'll continue for another year.

It's different for us compared to Liverpool or Woolwich atleast to me it is since I've been watching spurs (about 95/96) those clubs have had intermittent success with trophies so if they went on a rough patch they expected to be able to come out of it but all my time as a Spurs fan all I've seen in 2 league cup wins so I'm not sure how long we'll be in the trophy wilderness.

Some posters on here have some proper loser bootlicking mentality. How can some of you be so nonchalant at going out of 2 cups in a week and instantly start defending our strategy and board and moving the goalposts as if Levy and ENIC are your mothers

And as I went on to say, again and again and again and again, because unlike you, I haven't changed my opinion one fucking iota, that ONE player (a new Dembele for recent fans of this series) was the utmost priority. If we only signed one, we should have signed him. At the time, you vocally disagreed, and often, to lots of people saying the same thing.

Do you understand what priority means? That others can and should come after?

Remember you disagreed then that we should make signings. Then later, against United, when it wasn't clear what Sissoko's or Kane's injury were, again, I said the the priority was a midfielder (understood here clearly that if we were to sign Isco AND Icardi, I wouldn't be too annoyed, y'feelme?). And you thought it would be cool to call me a cunt for prioritising (a) over (b).

And now I'm once again on the wrong side of the "strengthen squad argument", as I say without waverin.

(1) We need to sign a new Dembele
(2) We need striker cover
(3) We need to rethink our recruitment process
(4) We need more transparency, in general
Don’t feed the troll - he changes his oppinion 5 times a day and adjusts it to suit the relevant topic of trolling. From no singings to some signings, etc.

And as I went on to say, again and again and again and again, because unlike you, I haven't changed my opinion one fucking iota, that ONE player (a new Dembele for recent fans of this series) was the utmost priority. If we only signed one, we should have signed him. At the time, you vocally disagreed, and often, to lots of people saying the same thing.

Do you understand what priority means? That others can and should come after?

Remember you disagreed then that we should make signings. Then later, against United, when it wasn't clear what Sissoko's or Kane's injury were, again, I said the the priority was a midfielder (understood here clearly that if we were to sign Isco AND Icardi, I wouldn't be too annoyed, y'feelme?). And you thought it would be cool to call me a cunt for prioritising (a) over (b).

And now I'm once again on the wrong side of the "strengthen squad argument", as I say without waverin.

(1) We need to sign a new Dembele
(2) We need striker cover
(3) We need to rethink our recruitment process
(4) We need more transparency, in general

:lennon:

....All them players extending their contracts for less money and no prospects?

How do we boost our spending power further?

Finish top 4 regularly and increase matchday and commercial revenues.

If peeps find that "unacceptable"; it's time they started lobbying the bodies that control the game...

Sigurdsson left for around £10m and Pochettino even said it was a mistake or something along those lines shortly after taking over. We had him, let him go and he became a £50m signingnit was definitely a mistake letting him leave.

Chadli inunderstand moreso but for £13m or so he would add a lot of depth to the squad. Personally I've always preferred his end product and touch to Lamelas but that's just personal opinion.

Hindsight and all of that but I do think both players had great quality that could do a job for us behind the likes of Dele, Eriksen & Sonny more than the likes of Lamela & Lucas. Chadli is up for debate but Sigurdsson as Eriksens understudy and rotation player should never have been allowed to leave as early as he did in my opinion

Here is a line-up of the players who weren't involved today.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Davies - Rose
Sissoko - Winks
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane​

We've heard it all before. No wonder he's Levy's BFF.

It's the manner of the performance that is infuriating for me. Sleepwalked our way into the game.
It sounds like Woolwich from early 2010s - good team that won fuck all but kept getting CL every season appeasing the shareholders. Rather poor attitude from Poch if true. Although perhaps that’s what’s needed rn in terms of finances

People can moan about the 'top 4 trophy' and all that, but getting CL qualification is still the most important thing for the club. You can keep complaining about it, but that's the reality of where we are and it's not something that anyone can realistically change. Going out of these cups again and again does sting but wont affect the future growth of the club as much as missing out on the CL would.
How is another CL qualification going to affect future growth compared to a cup win . When we couldnt finish in the top 4, thats when top 4 was growth. Now we have managed to stay in the top 3 for a while, another CL qualification does nothing other than a little bit of money which didnt get used to improve the sqaud anyway. The next step is clearly to win something tangible that proves we arent some nearly men bottlers.

Back
Top Bottom