Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif
Your the fool
Saying they should rest son for Watford lol - son would
Of made a difference today you melt

They in the uefa cup they have more of a chance of winning that then we have of winning champions league, Dortmund will boss us, we can’t even score a goal v a 39 year old goal keeper

You are a bundle of joy, I bet you said we'd never qualify from the group too...

No I said we come 5th this season with no trophies

As has been predicted for the last 4 years by many round these parts before you.

I wonder if you'll become humbled and more supportive of your club if you're wrong?

I doubt it.

How is another CL qualification going to affect future growth compared to a cup win . When we couldnt finish in the top 4, thats when top 4 was growth. Now we have managed to stay in the top 3 for a while, another CL qualification does nothing other than a little bit of money which didnt get used to improve the sqaud anyway. The next step is clearly to win something tangible that proves we arent some nearly men bottlers.
That's naive to the extreme. Firstly it's not a little bit of money, it's several millions of pounds each season and every penny of it we need. Which is a much greater need than proving we aren't 'nearly men bottlers'.
And even more importantly, being in the CL is the best way the club can grow its brand, get bigger sponsorships and global fanbase, which secures bigger long term revenue and therefore allows the club to pay higher wages and fees.

A domestic trophy does nothing other than give people a reason to get extra pissed up for a day and pretend their lives are worth something. Which granted might be worth a lot to you, but not much to the club.

Say we won a trophy, and everyone celebrates wildly, open bus parade and everything; we aren't nearly men anymore, we are proper men now! Then what? What happens next season? Are we now satisfied for the rest of time? Is it the end of football because we finally got the holy grail and we move on with our lives? A trophy is just a fleeting moment of happiness, but guaranteed higher income is progress. It's what will elevate us to another level and allow us to actually compete in the transfer market and eventually challenge for trophies every season.

Please.... Don't even go there!

Benteke has been a ridiculous fail at Palace (and barely any better at Liverpool!)... Barely scores, fucks his penalties and often injured... So much so that they preferred a striker-less system (ring any bells?)... Dubious work ethic t'boot.

....All that for £30m in old money?

On a more general note; perspective.... You're ranking our bench (in some cases 3rd string players) vs their best players. Their £70m-rated talisman is better than GKN who is only even making the squad through absolute necessity... Hardly a surprise, nor particularly poignant.
Yes, probably right. Just grasping at some logic as best I can after another cup defeat - 28 years of it now. After listening to that fucking podcast about how transfers work and watching us come up short again I really am feeling dispondent tonight. I get losing @ Chelsea. I don’t get how that brain fart today happens,

Because people who bake cakes don't watch football?

I'd like to bake cakes, I think they are the perfect medium for an intervention, what better way to say 'lay off the crack' than a nicely iced cake?

Or perhaps 'Spurs are having a reasonable season and though going out of the cup is disappointing, it's not the end of fucking days'

horses for courses or cakes for flakes....

Back
Top Bottom