OneHotspur TV

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not all about us, it's all about Tottenham. We do enjoy the games and the fans we've accumulated so far enjoy watching what we produce. It's not going to be for everyone and i appreciate that.

Interviewing a few fans after a game could be alright if they aren't thick like the ones on the Arse fan tv...though when Spurred On was doing them the only videos I genuinely liked were Barnaby's post match reviews (on his own) as he was articulate and didn't just resort to cliches like most of the fans he interviewed.

But taking your camera into the game and filming yourself after a goal? Please - that does make it about you, and most people don't want to see it.

Your Micky Hazard video, the video that should be more watched than the others, has 135 views after being up a day already. You don't have a fanbase yet.....and hanging around a golf course banking on good natured chaps like cabbie Micky giving you five minutes is not what you can rely on long term.

The fact is that Arse TV is not only a money manking effort for Fat Robbie, but it has made a joke of Arse fans, and as much as it pains me to say it, probably more of a joke of them than some Arse fans deserve. Arse TV gets hits because of the drama and meltdowns. Fat Robbie knows it. So if you are just about "loving Tottenham" then be prepared to have a low viewership. If you want more, then I am afraid the price of that will be exploiting emotional or bizarre fans for hits, and that just doesn't sit well with me.

I hope you understand why you are getting opposition to this channel in this thread. It's not about having a pop at you, but rather the idea of a Spurs Fan TV

To address the first paragraph, we actually arranged an interview with Micky in advance and he picked that date as Graham Roberts was hosting a Charity golf event so it gave us a chance to meet all the legends who were attending. we were not "hanging around a golf course banking on good natured chaps" like you are accusing us of. But Micky is an absolute legend of sorting that out for us!

on your 2nd paragraph, we know what makes Arse Tv successful but we are not following that model, not entirely anyway, we plan to do things our way, if it gets low viewership then so be it, but there are plenty of successful channels e.g. full-time devils and man city and liverpool channels, who don't look to just make a mockery of their fanbase. we are doing this because we love Spurs and who wouldn't want to make money doing something they love?

and to your last line, i have no problem with criticism or opposition to the channel and i get some people don't want a Spurs fan channel, but some people arn't as lucky as me or a lot of people on this forum to go see Spurs on a regular basis or even at all. so people like to see the atmosphere in ground, fans reactions to goals going in and opinion on the game as they couldn't be there. i think us doing it doesn't mean we are making it about us, it just means we are the people doing it. the fact is pretty much all the premier league teams have fan channels, it is only a matter of time before spurs had one, I know we had Spurred On and they flopped, but that does not mean we were never going to see another one because that one failed. So my brother and i have been season ticket holders for 8 years, going to spurs for about 15 years so we felt like why not give it a go.

To address the first paragraph, we actually arranged an interview with Micky in advance and he picked that date as Graham Roberts was hosting a Charity golf event so it gave us a chance to meet all the legends who were attending. we were not "hanging around a golf course banking on good natured chaps" like you are accusing us of. But Micky is an absolute legend of sorting that out for us!

on your 2nd paragraph, we know what makes Arse Tv successful but we are not following that model, not entirely anyway, we plan to do things our way, if it gets low viewership then so be it, but there are plenty of successful channels e.g. full-time devils and man city and liverpool channels, who don't look to just make a mockery of their fanbase. we are doing this because we love Spurs and who wouldn't want to make money doing something they love?

and to your last line, i have no problem with criticism or opposition to the channel and i get some people don't want a Spurs fan channel, but some people arn't as lucky as me or a lot of people on this forum to go see Spurs on a regular basis or even at all. so people like to see the atmosphere in ground, fans reactions to goals going in and opinion on the game as they couldn't be there. i think us doing it doesn't mean we are making it about us, it just means we are the people doing it. the fact is pretty much all the premier league teams have fan channels, it is only a matter of time before spurs had one, I know we had Spurred On and they flopped, but that does not mean we were never going to see another one because that one failed. So my brother and i have been season ticket holders for 8 years, going to spurs for about 15 years so we felt like why not give it a go.
With respect, you aren't capable of replicating a game atmosphere, and you can't even compete with a televised match in that respect.

That said, if you are not looking to make money, and aren't really looking for hits, then I would be more inclined to support your efforts. But if that is truly the case then you are going to need to think about presenting quality as right now you guys come across like a couple of good yiddisher boys studying to be accountants.

As someone that goes to most home games but sits all over the ground, i would personally be uncomfortable being behind or next to someone filming their reactions to goals and such like and i am sure i am not the only one that wouldnt want to be filmed

simyid Try this out. Just film the goals, the singing, the celebrations. I'll guarantee you now you will get views. I and I think many on here lap that shit up. After a game it's what I look for, I want to relive that feeling, here that chant again. For the club and it's fans it makes us look great, whilst them up the road weep and fight each other we are having fun. This is Tottenham, this is what going to a football match is about.
370K views!! And 1,000 of those views are down to me alone

666K views!!

I've only just seen this thread, and I only clicked because the title 'One Hotspur TV' instantly made me think it was club backed.

The fact that it is now changed to "We are Tottenham TV" could confirm what I thought - that you've now experienced at least some knuckle deep fisting from Mr Levy.

Anyway, do you know why other 'Fan TVs' are successful? Because they make the club they purport to support look ridiculous. If you're looking for success, that's the only way you'll go about it, and everyone will think you're a cunt for it too.

If you want to make something good, make something either original or entertaining. Set up a little studio in your garage (or your nans, fuck knows) and maybe do a podcast type thing but on video. There's a market for something like that, as it's pretty much what we do on forums anyway.

But no one wants to see a boring commute to the match, then experience you annoying the fuck out of fans who have paid good money not to be irritated by this "vlog" shit.

I think you are your brother make a good double act. One is pretty cool and is gonna get loads of pussy in his life and the other's a little nerdy and isn't gonna get a hell of a lot but he'll have a happier married life and his children will be more well rounded. I won't say which is which but you and your brother chatting about Spurs can work OK as long as you don't agree on everything, which would be boring.

I don't really like YouTube fan channels either but if these guys want to make something then i guess it's their right to do it.

I think it's interesting how most fans don't have any issue with spurs podcasts made by fans, but there's something about video that brings the worst out in people.

we're not like Woolwich tv and we're not doing fan cams and we don't have any corporate financial backing
Mate - not having a pop but these things are great when it's all going well and everything's positive but when you have slump (that's inevitable in football) what will you report then? Suddenly you have to be critical and call players out, second guess the manager, start a campaign. Mark my words it will end in tears...

Please stop. One loss is all it has taken to have opposition fans editing your videos into something embarrassing for the club and trying to get it viral.

SpurredOn TV was hounded out and I think your channel will be too.

Film me during the game and I will nut you.

Fair warning.
This is the biggest risk of all, I think.
People don't want to end up on YouTube as part of someone else's money making scheme, unless they choose to be interviewed etc.
It's an invasion of someone else's right not to be filmed & I can imagine certain folk being very unhappy with the whole idea of being splashed all over the internet for someone else's benefit.

I don't want to be filmed shouting, swearing, singing or jumping up & down like a mad man.

There are already CCTV cameras littered around grounds to make sure that people don't overstep the Boundary of acceptable football culture, but to have people waving a mobile phone in your face is taking a liberty too far in my opinion.

And whilst I wouldn't nut anyone, i wouldn't react well, & wouldn't be at all surprised if there were plenty of folk who reacted even more negatively.

You've got to balance the rights of people who just want to go to the match to be entertained & have a singalong with their mates, without having to worry if they are going to be part of someone else's internet diary.

This is the biggest risk of all, I think.
People don't want to end up on YouTube as part of someone else's money making scheme, unless they choose to be interviewed etc.
It's an invasion of someone else's right not to be filmed & I can imagine certain folk being very unhappy with the whole idea of being splashed all over the internet for someone else's benefit.

I don't want to be filmed shouting, swearing, singing or jumping up & down like a mad man.

There are already CCTV cameras littered around grounds to make sure that people don't overstep the Boundary of acceptable football culture, but to have people waving a mobile phone in your face is taking a liberty too far in my opinion.

And whilst I wouldn't nut anyone, i wouldn't react well, & wouldn't be at all surprised if there were plenty of folk who reacted even more negatively.

You've got to balance the rights of people who just want to go to the match to be entertained & have a singalong with their mates, without having to worry if they are going to be part of someone else's internet diary.

I wouldn't really nut him but i might give him a nasty Chinese burn.

But if that is truly the case then you are going to need to think about presenting quality as right now you guys come across like a couple of good yiddisher boys studying to be accountants.
Smokey, you know your stuff... having just watched the first (and only) 10 seconds of the Mickey Hazard interview, I gotta say the guy on the right looks like he's about to go up and read his Barmitzvah portion... he could have just lost the scarf, it's not a matchday, it's clear from the titles who he supports!

simyid Try this out. Just film the goals, the singing, the celebrations. I'll guarantee you now you will get views. I and I think many on here lap that shit up. After a game it's what I look for, I want to relive that feeling, here that chant again. For the club and it's fans it makes us look great, whilst them up the road weep and fight each other we are having fun. This is Tottenham, this is what going to a football match is about.
370K views!! And 1,000 of those views are down to me alone

666K views!!

Pretty much that!

I've only just seen this thread, and I only clicked because the title 'One Hotspur TV' instantly made me think it was club backed.
The fact that it is now changed to "We are Tottenham TV" could confirm what I thought - that you've now experienced at least some knuckle deep fisting from Mr Levy.

Anyway, do you know why other 'Fan TVs' are successful? Because they make the club they purport to support look ridiculous. If you're looking for success, that's the only way you'll go about it, and everyone will think you're a cunt for it too.

If you want to make something good, make something either original or entertaining. Set up a little studio in your garage (or your nans, fuck knows) and maybe do a podcast type thing but on video. There's a market for something like that, as it's pretty much what we do on forums anyway.

But no one wants to see a boring commute to the match, then experience you annoying the fuck out of fans who have paid good money not to be irritated by this "vlog" shit.

It's just that... when things are going well it all feels a bit sanitised and, dare I say - Club sponsored - I can't imagine the boys' tone changing that much if and when we lose... but the fans around them will certainly make them aware of it!

When we win, we wanna see and hear the atmosphere (if we weren't at the game) not someone talking through the game and giving their 'live views'...
...but if we lose, by the same token, we don't necessarily wanna see fans trying to be anything other than pissed off about the game they have just witnessed... and when you get that, you get heightened emotions, and when your get that you get trouble from anyone nearby that doesn't wanna be part of your filming!

It's a slippery road... and one that might just end in the New Stadium... looking eerily similar to ArseFanTV...

Haven't watched any of the videos, but the content can't be too removed from the generic Podcast fare served up all over the web surely? Why when it's video based to people get hung up on it?

For the sake of the club and supporters just don't do it please. 101% of the comments in this thread are against the idea, and that is what you'll find during the games as well.

With the light-hearted nature of the videos I can tell you have good intentions but this just won't work out at Tottenham. If you must continue on with it please go with a podcast or something.

Back
Top Bottom