OMT: Tottenham v Newcastle, Sunday 10th December, 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he's made a late tackle then nobody can argue that at least he needs to be more in control.
It looks a little pre-mediated as he comes in from a long way and rather than stay on his feet he goes sliding in. Wilson is already on the ground I think. Regardless of whether peeps think it’s a red or not that ‘tackle’ was totally unnecessary. It’s the same as that first one v chavs which he got away with. Good job there was t many mins left as that is the sort of thing that can cause the team to lose focus like we did b Chavs. From completely controlling the game to losing the plot.

I don’t think he is either but he played well today. Made some really strong tackles.

Let him have a moment when he does well.
Indeed he did what you would want from CF and that is score goals. One swallow doesn’t make a summer but he did well today. Also he put in some great challenges like for the first goal. If he keeps that level then he can only benefit the team and maybe we can give son a rest if we we went kulu richi and Bj front 3. Let’s not either build him too much and therefore put more pressure on him or put him down. If he does in the next few games what he did today no one can complain.

It looks a little pre-mediated as he comes in from a long way and rather than stay on his feet he goes sliding in. Wilson is already on the ground I think. Regardless of whether peeps think it’s a red or not that ‘tackle’ was totally unnecessary. It’s the same as that first one v chavs which he got away with. Good job there was t many mins left as that is the sort of thing that can cause the team to lose focus like we did b Chavs. From completely controlling the game to losing the plot.

He didn’t need to make the tackle and I’d prefer he didn’t on that occasion but it’s the way we play and his job in the team to be a front foot defender.

It didn’t look pre-meditated to me and if it was he could have done a lot more damage by going higher up onto the ankle.

Fabinho another one. Some of the challenges he got away without a peep from anyone in the media was unbelievable or not actually when you realise who he played for.

Sky are dangerous. Even the way they tried to villainize a couple of our players after the game. Probably trying to make the return fixture more spicy with their fans. Would they be carrying on like that if we were Liverpool. No chance.
Talking of dippers just seem the palace game. I mean come awey getting two yellow for that was just a joke. Didn’t see kloop going ape shit! Salah gets a massive deflection for equaliser. They are getting some good fortune and getting late winners. Cannot continue all season.

He didn’t need to make the tackle and I’d prefer he didn’t on that occasion but it’s the way we play and his job in the team to be a front foot defender.

It didn’t look pre-meditated to me and if it was he could have done a lot more damage by going higher up onto the ankle.
Think what saved was that it wasn’t higher.

I though it was a more controlled performance and not the 100mph stuff that we have seen most of the season. We did things a bit slower yesterday and then upped the pace as opportunity's arose.
Thought we played with much more intensity and there was less of the slow passing at the back.

Putting BJ on the right wing was not a master stroke. That is his natural and best position and the reason we bought him. He has only been played on the left because Son was playing striker and Solomon and Perisic are both injured.
Yep was t keen on him when we got him for that money but surely he needs to play on the right? That is where his played mostly for forest so all scouting would have been based on him playing wide right.

Final post thought Sarr was great he provides so much energy and moves the ball on quicker. Think our passing was much more quicker today and we went wide a lot which is great to see.
Low blocks best way is to get wide and to byline.

And that’s my point, if he was intending to stick one on him, it would have been higher

.....And he'd have flicked him a V-sign mid-tackle and called his mama a hooor.

09zmycmffg3b1.gif

Indeed he did what you would want from CF and that is score goals. One swallow doesn’t make a summer but he did well today. Also he put in some great challenges like for the first goal. If he keeps that level then he can only benefit the team and maybe we can give son a rest if we we went kulu richi and Bj front 3. Let’s not either build him too much and therefore put more pressure on him or put him down. If he does in the next few games what he did today no one can complain.
Alright. Where's the real Maureen and who the feck are you?

Nice post.

It was naughty mate, it ticks every box for serious foul play. He could have done serious damage whether it was high or not.

I hope we never see him lose his aggression, but he needs to be a lot smarter in how he applies it.

What boxes are there to tick for serious foul play?

Surely if it did tick them all he’d have been sent off?
I went through all this when Cash nobbled Bentancur.

He's gone in late, with force and seriously endangered his opponent. He lands on Wilson's ankle which turns.

Wilson could have ended up with the same injury Bentancur did, but for fortunate circumstance.

Referees are not applying the law correctly. By every metric of the law it was a Red card.

We'd be fucking livid if it were the other way round, and rightly so.

I went through all this when Cash nobbled Bentancur.

He's gone in late, with force and seriously endangered his opponent. He lands on Wilson's ankle which turns.

Wilson could have ended up with the same injury Bentancur did, but for fortunate circumstance.

Referees are not applying the law correctly. By every metric of the law it was a Red card.

We'd be fucking livid if it were the other way round, and rightly so.
Landed on his foot.

Wasn’t excessive force. There is no law that’s says you can’t tackle with force.

You obviously haven’t seen NeZha…

NE_ZHA_-_4.gif

(The flying wheels of fire, is a flying Pig whilst under the tutelage of NeZhas master Taiyi Zhenren - for older posters, this is Pigsy from Monkey Magic, crudely)… absolutely awesome film.

347528302a9452bcfb83d0f813c1f2db.png

You’re welcome.
Just to check, you don't think dragons are real do you?

Landed on his foot.

Wasn’t excessive force. There is no law that’s says you can’t tackle with force.
Late and dangerous.

It doesn't have to be excessive if it's late and dangerous, just 'with force.'

We got away with one, same as Villa did against us, same as the goons against us. We're due.

Doesn't change the fact that refs aren't applying the law correctly.

Back
Top Bottom