OMT: Tottenham v Newcastle, Sunday 10th December, 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Easily the best performance of the season IMO! Controlled the whole game and didn’t give Newcastle anything to build upon. Think Ange sticks with this side and lineup for a few games now! Think we may have solved the formation problem until we get madders and VdV back!

Fantastic game, performance.
The team looked so balanced, absolute joy to watch. So pleased for Richy, his hard work was evident and finally some rewards for him. I hope he can continue to play like that and get himself on the scoresheet more often.
Sarr was tremendous! We have missed him.
Johnson had a great game he looks so much better on the right, and Kulu better too.

We scored 4 goals before conceding.
Richy scored twice with his feet.
We got a penalty.
We won when Johnson started.

The curses have been broken!
:tobyarm:

Absolutely scintillating performance, managed to tune in for around an hour and some of our play was an absolute joy to behold, so happy to see Richarlison score 2 and hoping he can get going now and possibly this injury he's had surgery for has been affecting him much more than any of us realised. He has it in him to be a flat track bully and bury a good number of our well worked chances vs low block teams imo, he is an aerial threat and with match sharpness you see chances like against West Ham go the right side of the post.

Really liked today's lineup, you do wonder who makes way when Madds is back though, I think Kulu is an issue on the right but provides more impetus through the middle than GLC in Maddisons absence, even taking good form into account, but Johnson looks a different player on the right, and provides that ability to maneuver quickly on the break into good attacking positions, he ran into far less blind alleys than both him and Kulu did vs West Ham.

We got a penalty today!

Richarlison scored with his feet for us.

And I thought that pigs couldn’t fly.
You obviously haven’t seen NeZha…

NE_ZHA_-_4.gif

(The flying wheels of fire, is a flying Pig whilst under the tutelage of NeZhas master Taiyi Zhenren - for older posters, this is Pigsy from Monkey Magic, crudely)… absolutely awesome film.

347528302a9452bcfb83d0f813c1f2db.png

You’re welcome.

If anything. It's Hojberg giving way the ball cheaply for the Newcastle goal. Expected much more from him

My MOTM is Kulu

With January coming up. Please get rid of players and bring in who you need. If anyone wants Richardson I'll get rid of him.

Just rewatched the whole game. 4-1 was well flattering in fact. Honestly, that could and maybe should have been 7-1 no problem.

That Johnson chance would have been some team goal. Great stuff.

And superb piece of defending from Davies early on - terrific interception and tracking back.

Apologies for not reading through this thread as things have been a bit hectic recently.
Anyway, still buzzing from yesterday, it's incredible the difference in my mood since Thursday night.
Loved the performance yesterday, everyone played their part in that.
However, the anxiety level did go up a tad when we went to 1-0 up :) .
Sarr was my MOTM, although Ritchie ran him close.
There's no getting away from it, we needed that win yesterday, and it was well deserved.

OK, confession time .................... when they scored, I thought that they might score another couple! :ange-facepalm:

Lovely result and performance against the Geordie head choppers. As frustrating as some recent results have been, we’re clearly making progress in building a culture and system that is going to be successful and good to watch. I remember Poch’s first season and it was turgid stuff until after Christmas. Ange has got the players buying into his vision, playing the right way, and entertaining us in the stands from the off. We need a little more time, a couple more players etc to get this model polished, but good times are clearly coming.

Also, fuck Newcastle and their bullshit hypocrisy - across the fan base and ratty players like Wilson.

Up The Spurs!

If He consistently performs like he did today both him and spurs are in for a great remainder of a season
3Goals and 3assists now, that's not bad. He's also the only player other than Sonny to score a brace this season. The more goalscorers the better.

Made some good tackles aswell.

Think he will get a run of games as CF now.

Missed the game yesterday as I was working, just watching the extended highlights today.

That sliding clearance by Davies in the first half shows that, although he is no VdV, he is more than capable of filling in there and showed his worth to the squad.

Udogie had a very good game as did Porro and those 2 are fast becoming the new Rose/Walker.

Johnson had a very good game, Deki in that central role showed we can cope without Madds whilst he is injured (and he needs to stay central until Madds is back).

Sonny had an amazing game and fully deserved his goal, Richy was much improved, 2 goals, tracking back...compare to last season.

Bissouma was better but still not at his best, Sarr I think is an absolute gem of a find!

Back
Top Bottom