OMT: Tottenham v Newcastle, Sunday 10th December, 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think that was red by Romero, technically it could have been, but they usually don't red when it's on the boot - and this one was on the back of the boot.

One thing I will say is, they didn't make much of it, but I think Son bought his pen and was a bit lucky. Took a terrible touch, then kind of left his leg trail into the keeper.

Is it just me or did we press a lot less today.

Picked and choose when to do so I thought today.

Probably due to the fact we've had three tough games within 7 days. But also probably adapting to the fact we've looked tired later in games.

Newcastle were on top for the opening 10 or so minures of the second half but I have an inkling that we were conserving our energy to run them ragged again after they've opened up abit and got a bit of confidence to attack.

I don't think that was red by Romero, technically it could have been, but they usually don't red when it's on the boot - and this one was on the back of the boot.

One thing I will say is, they didn't make much of it, but I think Son bought his pen and was a bit lucky. Took a terrible touch, then kind of left his leg trail into the keeper.
Agree on both.

Was expecting VAR to look harder at Son’s penalty.

Football changes very quickly!

Not long ago we were getting battered against Newcastle away with no real plan or strategy. Fast forward to the new season and we look a much better football team putting 4 past them.

We deserved the win today, in recent weeks we haven't got the results but there has been positives in the performances.

Good to see us back on track, let's get a couple more players back.

COYS!

You know it’s a good day when we win 4-1 and I’m upset we didn’t score 5 or 6. More of this please.
Indeed great performance. Probably the best of the season in terms 90 minutes. May be a little spell just after HT and when they got their goal. Should defo scored more. Hopefully that is something to build as we can be a tad prolifigate in front of goal if there is a negative. But good see some players in their best positions like BJ. If his gonna do well then has to play right. Kulu was good most of the game but a bit wasteful again when in good positions. I think Sarr is the one though he gets the tempo going. Keep it up and smash forest. Think we owe them one as well.

Great win for the team, it will boost morale. I thought Spurs would get robbed again but ref was ok for once and didn't give in to Geordies gamesmanship.

Only disappointing things was sloppy Davis giving ball away to stop clean sheet, but it looked offside but Sky refused to show a replay of it and VAR allowed it. Neville also begged them to red card Romero, he was a terrible co-commentator, so anti-Tottenham.
Think it was PEH?

Think it was PEH?
We were brilliant!
Be honest we were better than Chelsea until the sendings off. We were much better in the other matches since then but lost because our front 3 were wasteful and we made a coup,e of defensive howlers. Todays win was the result of positions, players playing in their best positions.
Son on the left , Richy in the middle, Johnson on the right and Kulusevski playing centrally in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom