OMT: Tottenham v Newcastle, Sunday 10th December, 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Onwards and upwards. Time to think about the next game.

I would expect a bit of wounded animal from the Geordies after their 3-0 defeat to Everton but we've got a chip on our shoulder as well. Should be a bit of a grudge match but I'll take all the blood and tears if we get the win.

COYS

I'm gonna be bold here

I reckon we'll go 1 nil up , piss away a load of chances and gift wrap newcastle a couple of goals

Um... I mean 7 nil to Spurs

Richarlison with all 9

CoYs

As usual, Ange talked the good talk after the Hammers disasterclass, so we’ll see. Seems to me we need to jolt the line-up a bit, maybe have Kulu and Johnson swap wings to give us more width.

It’s probably PTSD now but I fear if we score first :ange-facepalm:

WE GO AGAIN!! !!:tobyarm:

d97fca4c05f75f6bb2952eb621556732_w200.gif

----------------vic---------------
--porro--rom---davies----udogie
---------biss-----sarr----------------
-kulu-------gio---------johnson
-------------son---------------------

sarr and biss should see us move the ball better. PEH cant dribble off from the spot and sometimes you have to do that when options are all marked up. sarr can move off and create new angles.

We are going to start like a coked up train, Score a beautiful goal, miss a bunch of chances, dominate, dominate, dominate and then....

Somebody <Pick a name at random at this point> could be anyone is going to do a soppy back pass or dive in and get sent off or get dispossessed in our penalty area and we are going to lose by some number. Could be 1-2 but I actually rate Newcastle and they will be after a reaction after tonight so I'll go with 1-3.

Ange will then say mate 55 times in his post match presser

Now you all needn't bother wasting a perfectly servicable weekend only for this shower to ruin it for you, go out and do a Christmas market with the Mrs instead.

Merry fucking Christmas

As usual, Ange talked the good talk after the Hammers disasterclass, so we’ll see. Seems to me we need to jolt the line-up a bit, maybe have Kulu and Johnson swap wings to give us more width.

It’s probably PTSD now but I fear if we score first :ange-facepalm:

Get Kulu back in the midfield where he played against City

Crap as a winger tonight

Get Kulu back in the midfield where he played against City

Crap as a winger tonight
He's been crap out wide since last season tbh, when the oppositon FB knows he only has 1 tool in his kit and they just need to show him onto his right until the inevitable cutback, by which point the other 9 outfield players on his team are packing out the box, and he's never gonna try and beat you 1v1 with pace or trickery, he is incredibly one dimensional and easy to contain out on the right. Be much better off at this point trying him on the left and see what his delivery is like with his stronger foot, or in the middle where his good range of passing can actually be decently utilised. I'd rather see BJ on the right at this point as well, another who is clearly not comfortable playing as an inverted winger.

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Davies - Udogie
Kulusevski - Sarr - Bissouma - Lo Celso
Johnson - Son
Win please. Thanks.

Last edited:
Lose this, and we could drop to 9th and be on the same number of points as West Ham :harrysmile:
At least we won’t have Europe as a distraction next season (im only half joking). This has been a freak season with injuries - no Europe, 4 or 5 signings and we could bounce back strongly

So if we win this, is Howe under pressure?

Would be 6 losses in 16 games. Potentially 7 points off top four. They could be down to 9th with nearly half a season to go. Could even then go and get knocked out of the CL in the week off the back of it. A disaster.

Or do their owners realise there is a process in place. A squad ravaged by injuries to key players and useful squad players and the fact there would be 22 games remaining and keep calm?

Back
Top Bottom