Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strongest possible team. We need a winning start in the CL, it would be great if Bayern away was meaningless not a "must get a result" scenario .....

Agree with the sentiment, but as Poch said in his press conference, with 7 games in 21 days we will need to rotate.

Leicester next weekend is also important, and ideally we need to win that too.

So question is the degree of rotation. Maybe I'd suggest 3 players to rotate and rest for Leicester :

Davies for Rose
Ndombele for Winks
Dele for Lamela

We beat Palace 4-0 last Saturday what more do you lot want? That was about our 6th win in 23 or 24 odd games you ungrateful fuckers, I remember the 90’s and what I wouldn’t have given back then for that kind of return😂😂

A good hard won point in Athens is a decent start to our campaign
That was the furthest thing from a 'good hard won point' I could possibly think of though mate, that is the problem. Some horrible individual and collective performances, very lucky to get the 2-0 lead and then just let it wash away, as we are seemingly becoming accustomed to.

We are playing consistently poor football, with the first half against Palace excluded, and seemingly nothing is changing. That is the worry.

The same people wetting themselves are the same people who say " i'm now off to RAWK or KUMB" to catch the meltdown" The same as people form those forums will be saying about this place. The knicker wetters entertain all other clubs.. It's sad.

Yep. We have become everything we profess to hate about other clubs.

All we need is a TFTV channel on YouTube and the transformation is complete.

I think you're missing the point... of COURSE People complained about Terry Neill, cos he was a Gooner who helped turn us to absolute shit!!

I think the 'problem' is when fans complain about what we're not doing right in THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE....!

The European Cup was SO far off our team of the '70s, that any complaints were warranted!

I'm not saying we should just be happy to be here... but fuck me, we've got some serious 1st World problems if we're complaining about where we are at the current time!!

They not just complaining about the performances in the CL - there is a trend going back nearly a year now.

The notion that we should be content simply because we are in the CL when there is clear regression across all areas of the playing side is simply absurd.

Think Lucas deserves to play the first champions league game after getting dropped for the final.

He's not strong enough to make a starting XI when you compare the rest of our attacking players. It's harsh for Lucas but would you really pick him over Sonny?

Sonny is the better footballer, Lucas will have to accept that for the time bein, knuckle down and do what he needs to do to change the managers mind. Excellent squad player and signing it as it stands I see him offering quality rotation and depth. He should have got 45 minutes yesterday though, no need to not switch it about a little 4-0 up at home.

Can't imagine what Moura needs to do to convince people he is valuable. Something unbelievable like a hat trick in a semi?
Would you pick him ahead of Son at the moment if we had to choose our strongest XI?

I'd play him against Olympiacos but I still don't see him making our strongest XI in a one off game
No, but there's plenty who would shoehorn him in ahead of Lamela or Eriksen!

Maybe that's the point... we've been waiting for SO long to have a bench full of players who could easily start the game.... not just make up the numbers.

Look at our bench on Saturday:
  • 12 Wanyama
  • 15 Dier
  • 20 Alli
  • 22 Gazzaniga
  • 27 Lucas Moura
  • 28 Ndombele
  • 33 Davies
.... that's a pretty good position to be in!

They’re probably too busy buying flights to Uzbekistan

two-blokes-as-planes.jpg

Lo Celso, Ndombele.... were they match fit when we signed them. I can't remember.

Neither were "injured" when we bought them....

Ndombele scored against Villa on opening day....

Lo Celso played three times before getting injured on int. break.

Pay attention, fella.

Last edited:
As a descendent of Greek immigrants, let me be the first to say that they are a mighty people, and a people who know the greatness of Spurs, and a club that stands no fucking chance against Tottenham.

Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor may say 1-7. I say 0-10. Kane with a double hat trick, Lucas with a hat trick, and Lloris with a worldie.

so-let-it-zmyq6p.jpg

Back
Top Bottom