New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? They won’t be paying us a lump sum and we’re limiting income for future seasons by giving them away at the current rate

How do we know their wasn’t any advanced? I very much doubt they anticipated being at this point without a naming rights deal and they will inevitably have a knock effect on our budgeting. The whole thing appears very reminiscent of Woolwich first deal with Emirates - which was what they required back in 2004 but turned out to be a very poor commercial deal in the end. What other possible explanation is there for the club to extend the deal for such a sizeable timescale?

nike-brasil-copa-america-100th-anniversary-jersey-1_86904-768x549.jpg

Here’s a Nike template I can get behind.

Impressive, very nice.
Shame we would have to splash a giant AIA logo over it.

I'm beginning to think there is something in the naming rights then. It is weird that a long term shirt sponsorship was signed with them at a lower rate than anyone else, so maybe we can assume a huge amount is going to be on the stadium naming?
Wonder why Richard Keys came out with that statement about the naming rights a while back - if there was nothing in it.

I'm beginning to think there is something in the naming rights then. It is weird that a long term shirt sponsorship was signed with them at a lower rate than anyone else, so maybe we can assume a huge amount is going to be on the stadium naming?
Wonder why Richard Keys came out with that statement about the naming rights a while back - if there was nothing in it.
It might be reported as a low rate, but I’m sure Levy inserted a lot of clauses in it to make sure we get a lot more in the end. or at least that we would be par with the “market rate for a top tier club” whatever that might be.

It might be reported as a low rate, but I’m sure Levy inserted a lot of clauses in it to make sure we get a lot more in the end. or at least that we would be par with the “market rate for a top tier club” whatever that might be.
Agreed, I image one could maybe dig into the released accounts, but there's without a doubt a number of contractual agreements based on league placing, CL/EL, TV appearances etc. that will see us paid relatively in line with our rivals. A CL semifinal winning Spurs side is commercially as valuable as Juve, chavs, woolwich, PSG, etc. And EL Spurs is probably on par with Everton. A few years outside of Europe and who knows what the brand would be worth? A long term tie up with Nike would be a gamble on their part too, so they would have wanted to lock in a relatively safe floor.

There's also considerations for the fact that we were shopping for a massive amount of financing at the same time. How did a long term commercial agreement affect potential creditors and their offers for filling our financing needs?

This shit is a lot more complicated than, "Gee Phil, the daily mail says chavs are getting £X...I'll take £X+1". Which is why people like Levy do it for a living and not us.

Those are the 2019 templates, so both fake. 2020 templates supposedly have old skool Nike and swoosh logo. Like the design of that home, back to plain white. That away though, probably some 1882 marketing about how we had red and blue hoops once upon a time :levyeyes:

The Nike Swoosh is only on 3rd kits.

But yes. They're likely both fake considering Nike have released our kit colours for next season.

Away: Navy and black
Third: Teal and White

The Nike Swoosh is only on 3rd kits.

But yes. They're likely both fake considering Nike have released our kit colours for next season.

Away: Navy and black
Third: Teal and White

Home: allegedly white, navy and black

Must be due for an actual reveal soon. Once we see one club’s kit we’ll get an idea of design. Hope we have a predominately white jersey and no silly navy fade or sleeves.

Home: allegedly white, navy and black

Must be due for an actual reveal soon. Once we see one club’s kit we’ll get an idea of design. Hope we have a predominately white jersey and no silly navy fade or sleeves.

Some of next seasons kits have been released haven't they?

Barca:

barcelona-19-20-home-kit-1.jpg

Roma:

roma-19-20-home-kit-6.jpg

Inter:

inter-milan-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg

Absolutely hate the collars on all of them.

Nike makes every kit look identical. Don’t know how I feel about that. Outfit clash when the players walk out the tunnel for the Spurs v Barca CL final..

Back
Top Bottom