New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our third kit is teal.

As been confirmed numerous times.

Chelsea's home kit has been leaked by the way - so the rumours of our home kit having the stadium pattern on our kit aren't probably far off:

chelsea-19-20-home-kit-3.jpg

chelsea-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg

I assume it'll have a similar design to this:

tottenham-19-20-third-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

But on our kit.
PLAIN WHITE WITH NAVY TRIM. WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD, NIKE?

That Chelsea one is fucking horrible.
:roseunsure:

Ugh, is that meant to be like a superhero motif?

Being stuck with Nike forever is going to get very, very old, even leaving aside what a financial disaster that deal is.

Necessary for our growth and bank loan agreements. The funding required for the stadium build required assurances from the club about cash for repayments etc. Without a long term deal I believe the funding would have been more limited or something along those lines.

We cut ourselves short granted, but it was a necessary pill to swallow . Sometimes the right deal isn't necessarily the best deal.

Necessary for our growth and bank loan agreements. The funding required for the stadium build required assurances from the club about cash for repayments etc. Without a long term deal I believe the funding would have been more limited or something along those lines.

We cut ourselves short granted, but it was a necessary pill to swallow . Sometimes the right deal isn't necessarily the best deal.

Translation: we got ourselves into a cash crunch and had to mortgage away massive amounts of future revenue.

Daniel Levy has had very few business failures in his time at the helm of the club. This was one of them.

Translation: we got ourselves into a cash crunch and had to mortgage away massive amounts of future revenue.

Daniel Levy has had very few business failures in his time at the helm of the club. This was one of them.

The Nike deal almost certainly has clauses that will see our revenue increase across the duration of the contract - it's simply that 30 million is the minimum amount we will receive. Is the 30m figure lower than what we are worth? Absolutely. Is that all we'll get? Absolutely not. There's no way DL has fluffed something so important to our long-term finances.

The Nike deal almost certainly has clauses that will see our revenue increase across the duration of the contract - it's simply that 30 million is the minimum amount we will receive. Is the 30m figure lower than what we are worth? Absolutely. Is that all we'll get? Absolutely not. There's no way DL has fluffed something so important to our long-term finances.
As far as I can see all reports of 30m come from the 'Sun understands' any other source?

As far as I can see all reports of 30m come from the 'Sun understands' any other source?

There are a few other reports that state the figure but I think you're right in that it was first reported by the Sun or Telegraph and it's just been the going rate ever since. Interestingly, that was the figure reported when our first deal was signed. A new increased amount may have been agreed when the extended 15-year deal was signed but that hasn't been reported anywhere. Either way, I think it's highly unlikely we're stuck at 30 million.

SB [Simon Bamber – club director] explained that the numbers reported in the press were usually inaccurate with some clubs including potential bonus amounts

There are a few other reports that state the figure but I think you're right in that it was first reported by the Sun or Telegraph and it's just been the going rate ever since. Interestingly, that was the figure reported when our first deal was signed. A new increased amount may have been agreed when the extended 15-year deal was signed but that hasn't been reported anywhere. Either way, I think it's highly unlikely we're stuck at 30 million.
Probably step ups and break clauses etc. I see no world where it is £30M p/a for 15 years.

Either way, I think it's highly unlikely we're stuck at 30 million.

I think it's pretty wishful thinking that Nike just handed us a deal that will remain market rate for 15 years out of the kindness of their hearts, but oh well.

Of course, while you look at the recent history of kit deals and calculate out that 30 million in 15 years time would probably be Huddersfield money, there's always the chance of that industry going backwards for whatever reason, in which case the long term security would put us in a great position. Not a possibility you'd bet on though, and the deal was signed as a desperate ploy for a short-term cash infusion.

Lol. You literally have zero information, knowledge, or foundation on which to base this statement. It's not even worth really responding to, other than to point out you've clowned yourself.

Back
Top Bottom