New “Atmosphere” Section at WHL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Used to love when the drummer got the old 'native American' drumbeat going, with 30K fans (minus the West stand of course) chanting "Yids" constantly in the old ground. It really came across as intimidating. It certainly got the East stand rocking , which was where I used to sit (not that we did much sitting).

Drummer? .......That was just everyone banging the sheet metal at the back of the Park Lane wasn't it?

Drummer? .......That was just everyone banging the sheet metal at the back of the Park Lane wasn't it?
That's how it works now. Whenever I've been sat adjacent to any cladding in the SS it gets a wallop. Even the advertising hoardings take a beating if ever I'm sat front row. I was front row by the corner flag in the SW for the City game a couple of seasons back when Harry didn't get his move and wasn't in the squad. At the end of the game a STH behind me told me and the girls we should get those seats more often.

I’m not in any way an expert on acoustics but the placing of away fans is a big weakness in the new stadium. They’re right in the bottom of the u-bend of the main bowl and they sound reverberates all around the stadium. I’d put them West lower and a sliver of the South. Basically like WHL.
visually as well they are very prominent from a tv perspective. Know that shouldn’t make a difference but psychologically I think it does effect how teams feel about coming here

visually as well they are very prominent from a tv perspective. Know that shouldn’t make a difference but psychologically I think it does effect how teams feel about coming here
This phenomenon has occurred at many of the new stadiums that have been built in the last 30 years.

Visiting supporters dominate the proceedings. Away supporters are the backbone of every club.

From a survey apparently.

F2mlqljWMAE_62T

Thankfully it's the far corner opposite from us. I wouldn't want a drum going off next to me all game as I fear for the drummer's safety.

So Charlie Watts and his backing and will be in block 324. Is it a coincidence that there are lots of seats on Ticket Exchange for that block?

Maybe they need to do a sound check with the trumpeter before Monday night's game? When he started up before the last home game it sounded like a giant angry hornet was buzzing around the place. Too much treble, not enough bass!

550 speakers around the stadium and they still can't get it right.

Maybe they need to do a sound check with the trumpeter before Monday night's game? When he started up before the last home game it sounded like a giant angry hornet was buzzing around the place. Too much treble, not enough bass!

550 speakers around the stadium and they still can't get it right.

I did notice at both NFL events, the speaker system seemed far better, much clearer speech and bass - seemed to go louder but without the shrillness and distortion. Pretty sure the NFL were using "our" speakers, maybe they use their own production equipment.

I did notice at both NFL events, the speaker system seemed far better, much clearer speech and bass - seemed to go louder but without the shrillness and distortion. Pretty sure the NFL were using "our" speakers, maybe they use their own production equipment.
Poor old Pat Jennings' tribute to Bobby Charlton at half time was his normal mmmnmnmmn mnmnmn mnmnmmm mnmn, not helped by the PA.
Luckily I was sat next to a couple of fans from Ireland, who'd flown over specially to see a game, and they were able to translate some of it (but even they gave up after about a minute).

So, they want volunteers to go and get flags before Kick-off for Chelsea, wave them a bit and then take them back as we kick-off. Not sure I would want to miss the first few minutes of the game, fair play to those that do though.. They have loads more available.

I did hear they were struggling to get people to do this, perhaps they need to think of another way of retrieving the flags rather than expecting them to be brought back as we kick-off. Maybe half time, or someone comes and gets them (not sure who though) ?

So, they want volunteers to go and get flags before Kick-off for Chelsea, wave them a bit and then take them back as we kick-off. Not sure I would want to miss the first few minutes of the game, fair play to those that do though.. They have loads more available.

I did hear they were struggling to get people to do this, perhaps they need to think of another way of retrieving the flags rather than expecting them to be brought back as we kick-off. Maybe half time, or someone comes and gets them (not sure who though) ?
Bloke next to me did it a few times last season and it just seemed like a ballache. He was constantly trying to hand it round because his arms were tired

One way to improve atmosphere is to have a winning team playing great football . That’s what we have ,and that’s all we need.
Who wants to stand next to some drummer. They say the atmosphere in the Bundesliga is great but all you get is drumming plus monotonous chanting, same thing all the time.
The Premier League us too corporate and probably will never change.

Back
Top Bottom