New “Atmosphere” Section at WHL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree on pricing. Concessions for say 1K under 25’s in a singing area would be a smart move

Still think trying a drum is the right thing
Yeah i have nothing against trying a Drum either, just hope the club are making it easy for people to move into these new areas where the plan is to sing, also if you stand up are you going to get threatened to be thrown out by a steward?

I’m not in any way an expert on acoustics but the placing of away fans is a big weakness in the new stadium. They’re right in the bottom of the u-bend of the main bowl and they sound reverberates all around the stadium. I’d put them West lower and a sliver of the South. Basically like WHL.
Away fans? I'd lock them in the underground car park.

By the same token, a crackling, intense atmosphere (and I'm including, pre-match, before a ball has even been kicked) can generate an intimidating, hostile yet defiant togetherness from the fans that spill down to the players, and maybe, can sometimes generate that self belief and confidence of us SUPPORTING the TEAM that ALLOWS them to play better football...

It's a two way thing; we're as much a part of the matchday experience as the players... (despite what Levy might think!)

We can't physically get on the pitch and PLAY the game, but we can certainly affect it from the stands!

Fans who skulk down to their seat in near silence 5 minutes into the game only to sit and DEMAND to be entertained before they even consider standing up to cheer a goal (we can ALL do that) is what drains the atmosphere...
Why do you think we conceded so many early goals at the arse end of last season? Everyone had effectively given up... The fans, the players, NO ONE CARED!

Generate the atmosphere to GIVE the impression we can affect things... Show we care, and support, regardless of the scoreline.

I refer my learned friend back to the UEFA Cup final 1984... Danny Thomas misses his crucial penalty, and what happens...?
The fans took it upon themselves to lift HIM, and as such, lift the WHOLE team... In that one split second, everything changed.
The rest is history.

That wim was as much the fans as it was Tony Parkes (though I'm pretty sure most fans in the ground that night wouldn't have saved the Pen!

If that Danny Thomas penalty had been taken 40 years later, he'd have been booed off the pitch. THAT'S the difference!

#12th man and all that!!
As I've said before, the atmophere in the 15 minutes before the teams emerge is ruined by the over-intrusive, over loud, domineering P/A. We have no chance to build an atmosphere because we have to sit/stand passively consuming a load of corporate videos with ear-shattering audio. You can hardly talk to the person next to you, let alone sing & chant.

Levy needs to realise that if he wants atmosphere and passion he needs to literally allow the fans their voice in the 10 minutes before kick off. The current system puts us on the back foot right from the start, because the away fans are going to sing like cunts anyway.

I think it's good that the club is being big enough to address the atmosphere issue.
Personally think they are goung about it in the wrong way though.
I think they should pick a 4k capacity part of the ground,near the South stand,remove the seats and allow both home and away supporters in it(pay on the day) Fans wishing to stand here would have have to wear stone island,/Dr Martens/CP Company or donkey jackets etc (depending on preference). Also the bar would be wood green wetherspoons prices and open 2hours before kick off and all through the match. I think this would generate a superb ambience,and one like many of us were weened on in the past.

Now where's Daniel's email address...

Don't forget replacing the in-house craft brewery with an amphetamine lab. :lamelaaghh:

That’s not what I said is it. I said there’s loads of people who sit there because it’s cheaper, not because they want to get behind the team. If you don’t want to sing and join in with the chants, sit somewhere else. FWIW I’m not keen on the drum but I welcome a sorting out of the south stand.

That’s why they need to lower prices in other parts of the ground. The whole concession pricing is a different issue but is a complete piss take. The prices for OAPs and kids should be a lot less and more accessible across the stadium.
I don't know why I can't have my concession for my seat, I don't want to sit anywhere else!

the bottom half of the south stand is safe standing. Still only get a few singing near me though despite everyone standing.
Possibly need to make that more of a singing section. For some 20 odd years now I've been a StPauli fan.

I organised a trip to a St Pauli game for about 25-30 Celtic fans, and I think this played a part in the creation of "The Green Brigade"
There are those that have issues with ",The Green Brigade" but they certainly help when it come to atmosphere.

I thought Levy asked the builders to install rattly panels purely for this purpose?

What's this new drummer going to do differently, are we signing Travis Barker?

Yep full of tourists mainly emanating from USA and South Korea with a few season ticket holders dotted between them
I guess you could start taking season tickets off anyone who doesn’t attend more than 80% of games. But that won’t solve the issue I don’t think.

I do wonder how many keep up the season ticket to ensure their seat for 5 or 6 prime games per season.

I guess you could start taking season tickets off anyone who doesn’t attend more than 80% of games. But that won’t solve the issue I don’t think.

I do wonder how many keep up the season ticket to ensure their seat for 5 or 6 prime games per season.
About a third of the season ticket holders near me seem to only turn up for the big games

Once again
League Of Legends Lol GIF by G2 Esports

I've experienced this so many times when I left the house and was already electrified on the way to the stadium!
The walk through the city to the train station and then to the stadium was filled with pride because you were wearing your jersey, your scarf, your cap!
Arrived in front of the stadium, I felt the energy that emanated from "us Frankfurters" and was proud to belong to this club!
Even without complex choreographies, the stadium can "crackle" when the curve (I'm sitting on the back straight, which this season has been given the proud name "Jürgen Grabowski Grandstand") starts to sing and the players warm up!

Loud whistle when the opponents enter the square!
And then at kick-off it's so loud that you can't hear what you're saying (the Wolfsburg goalkeeper scored an own goal with a team-mate because - as he said in the interview - you couldn't communicate because of the volume of the Eintracht fans on the pitch) !

There is no mood when the curve has decided on an annoying continuous singsong that has nothing to do with the game!

But the strong support rubs off on the team, just as a strong game (the will to win the game) rubs off on us fans!

With this in mind, I'm looking forward to my Eintracht's first home game against DARMstadt on August 19, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. CET!

And just as proud - after a good language training - I will drive to the airport in Frankfurt to come to London, so that - once in a lifetime!! - saw White Hart Lane and my second great love Tottenham Hotspur FC!

It just makes me proud to stand behind these two clubs!
Greetings from the closed department
Frankfurter

From a survey apparently.

F2mlqljWMAE_62T

Thankfully it's the far corner opposite from us. I wouldn't want a drum going off next to me all game as I fear for the drummer's safety.

Used to love when the drummer got the old 'native American' drumbeat going, with 30K fans (minus the West stand of course) chanting "Yids" constantly in the old ground. It really came across as intimidating. It certainly got the East stand rocking , which was where I used to sit (not that we did much sitting).

As long as his repertoire is varied, and he gets THAT chant going every home game, I don't see anything bad about it.

Having said all of that, if you want a rocking atmosphere, it's what happens on the pitch that's the best generator of that. If we'd had a drummer banging away last season, he'd have been hung from the Skywalk shortly after Christmas!

Boom boom, boom boom boom YIDS

Boom boom Yid Army

End thread.
That first one really got the blood pumping didn't it? It was like a war chant.

Followed by someone screaming "who let the Yids out" as we all left the ground, with thousands on the high road shouting "who, who, who let the Yids out!"

Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom