New “Atmosphere” Section at WHL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Party poppers, balloons and a bouncy castle, that's what we need
Happy Mummy Pig GIF by Peppa Pig

I’m not in any way an expert on acoustics but the placing of away fans is a big weakness in the new stadium. They’re right in the bottom of the u-bend of the main bowl and they sound reverberates all around the stadium. I’d put them West lower and a sliver of the South. Basically like WHL.

There isn’t an atmosphere problem at the new stadium. It’s the shit, boring turgid football that has created the issues.
Anyone who was at the Woolwich 3-0 or West Ham 2-0 or Man City 2-0 will tell you, the atmosphere was up there and better than any other ground. That’s because we played good football and the fans felt a part of it.
EvenWoolwich last season was good, until they scored and we reverted to shit football.

When you are being entertained it’s natural to get involved, when you’re bored to death and keep looking at your watch praying for the final whistle, the atmosphere will be on the floor.

This is the main reason why I was happy with Ange. I’m fairly sure the atmosphere will improve massively, whether we have some Twat smacking a drum or not.

Whelp, the away end at Anfield is situated in the OPPOSITE end to the Kop...
...St James Park has away fans sitting somewhere on top of the Tyne Bridge.... Nowhere NEAR the home fans!

...and (according to a recent survey) are the top two best grounds for atmosphere!

Whether you agree with the positioning of the away end or not, we shouldn't be dependent on the vicinity of the away fans to help create an atmosphere.... That's on US, the Spurs fans in the home end... After all, 95% of the ground is technically the 'home end' ... it should be a fucking CAULDRON!

What's wrong with everyone sitting there in nervous silence?

With the occasional, half hearted, borderline pathetically sad faced drone of

'come..... on..... you ......spurs...'

After going 3-0 down.

Jeez, I don't miss last season.

Another stand. There’s three more. People should only be sitting in the south stand if they want to get behind the team and sing.

Concessions is the main reason.
I go with my Dad, been going his whole life. He's in his 70s.
South stand his season ticket is £500.
If he went West it's £1500. (More expensive and then not half price).
It was always obvious that the South stand would be where most supporters would want to be. And fairly obvious that the more vocal part of it would be the east part of it, replicating the old Shelf/Park Lane.
It holds 18,000 and can't be compared to Block 33 of the of the old Park Lane lower which seems to be bar for comparison!

Whelp, the away end at Anfield is situated in the OPPOSITE end to the Kop...
...St James Park has away fans sitting somewhere on top of the Tyne Bridge.... Nowhere NEAR the home fans!

...and (according to a recent survey) are the top two best grounds for atmosphere!

Whether you agree with the positioning of the away end or not, we shouldn't be dependent on the vicinity of the away fans to help create an atmosphere.... That's on US, the Spurs fans in the home end... After all, 95% of the ground is technically the 'home end' ... it should be a fucking CAULDRON!
Yep your text book football ground always has a home end and an away end. Standard stuff. White Hart Lane was a weird anomaly really with the Park Lane end. Even that wasn't always the case and I remember the Paxton being the place to be in the 90s.

Anything that can help the atmosphere in the south stand is a plus. If you’re there and don’t like it move. It’s meant to be the stand that generates the noise. If you don’t like it then fuck off to another stand. Quite simple really.
100%. To be honest if you don’t stand and join in with the singing, move

And putting that £2000 ticket section in. Whatever it’s called, I’ve forgotten the name. 1882?

It’s quite an emotive subject for me because I have this moaning cunt who sits behind me all game and drives me mad but I can’t move because there’s 4 of us together and you can’t get that anywhere else. He’s ruined almost as many games as Conte, Nuno and Mourinho rolled into one!
Try this?...
h37cLUu.png

Back
Top Bottom