New “Atmosphere” Section at WHL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a massive fan of the drummer idea however a singing section should hopefully generate a few more songs for the players.

I think it's only really Kane, Son and Dier that have their own song now. Fuck singing 'I love Eric Dier..' every match...!

The atmosphere in the stadium can be amazing, the best two atmospheres I've experienced was the 1-0 vs Man City (first game back after Covid) and the Woolwich 3-0. Unbelievable noise which I think Gary Neville described as the best atmosphere at any club all season.

The football in recent seasons just hasn't been get you off your feet. There were moments, but because we just sat in it didn't excite the fans and in the end no one could be bothered.

So somebody who has a ST in the south should just fuck off and try to find another seat in one of the other three stands when the drum starts?

That’s not what I said is it. I said there’s loads of people who sit there because it’s cheaper, not because they want to get behind the team. If you don’t want to sing and join in with the chants, sit somewhere else. FWIW I’m not keen on the drum but I welcome a sorting out of the south stand.

Concessions is the main reason.
I go with my Dad, been going his whole life. He's in his 70s.
South stand his season ticket is £500.
If he went West it's £1500. (More expensive and then not half price).
It was always obvious that the South stand would be where most supporters would want to be. And fairly obvious that the more vocal part of it would be the east part of it, replicating the old Shelf/Park Lane.
It holds 18,000 and can't be compared to Block 33 of the of the old Park Lane lower which seems to be bar for comparison!

That’s why they need to lower prices in other parts of the ground. The whole concession pricing is a different issue but is a complete piss take. The prices for OAPs and kids should be a lot less and more accessible across the stadium.

There isn’t an atmosphere problem at the new stadium. It’s the shit, boring turgid football that has created the issues.
Anyone who was at the Woolwich 3-0 or West Ham 2-0 or Man City 2-0 will tell you, the atmosphere was up there and better than any other ground. That’s because we played good football and the fans felt a part of it.
EvenWoolwich last season was good, until they scored and we reverted to shit football.

When you are being entertained it’s natural to get involved, when you’re bored to death and keep looking at your watch praying for the final whistle, the atmosphere will be on the floor.

This is the main reason why I was happy with Ange. I’m fairly sure the atmosphere will improve massively, whether we have some Twat smacking a drum or not.

Yeah this 100%

Not a massive fan of the drummer idea however a singing section should hopefully generate a few more songs for the players.

I think it's only really Kane, Son and Dier that have their own song now. Fuck singing 'I love Eric Dier..' every match...!

The atmosphere in the stadium can be amazing, the best two atmospheres I've experienced was the 1-0 vs Man City (first game back after Covid) and the Woolwich 3-0. Unbelievable noise which I think Gary Neville described as the best atmosphere at any club all season.

The football in recent seasons just hasn't been get you off your feet. There were moments, but because we just sat in it didn't excite the fans and in the end no one could be bothered.
Fingers crossed Dele comes back, then we'll have 4 songs.

I think it's good that the club is being big enough to address the atmosphere issue.
Personally think they are goung about it in the wrong way though.
I think they should pick a 4k capacity part of the ground,near the South stand,remove the seats and allow both home and away supporters in it(pay on the day) Fans wishing to stand here would have have to wear stone island,/Dr Martens/CP Company or donkey jackets etc (depending on preference). Also the bar would be wood green wetherspoons prices and open 2hours before kick off and all through the match. I think this would generate a superb ambience,and one like many of us were weened on in the past.

Now where's Daniel's email address...

Last edited:
Concessions is the main reason.
I go with my Dad, been going his whole life. He's in his 70s.
South stand his season ticket is £500.

If he went West it's £1500. (More expensive and then not half price).
It was always obvious that the South stand would be where most supporters would want to be. And fairly obvious that the more vocal part of it would be the east part of it, replicating the old Shelf/Park Lane.
It holds 18,000 and can't be compared to Block 33 of the of the old Park Lane lower which seems to be bar for comparison!
EXACTLY, But does he sing?

They should be encouraged to move. All concessions should be stopped in South and made available elsewhere
It's not the concessions that are a problem, as I imagine 99% are Spurs fans...
They just wanna try and still come to Spurs matches without having to remortgage the house every other week!

Personally, I can't WAIT til I qualify for a concession, as I'll still be able to stand (probably) in the South, but will still sing my lungs out (as long as I haven't had a trach voice box fitted by then!)

How much you pay shouldn't depend on how much you sing, or don't... At BOTH ends of the scale!
The rich folk in the West upper pay the highest prices to watch us plebs below trying to create an atmosphere 'for them'...
Did any of them ever think of putting their knife and fork down, stepping out onto the Exec Box balcony and putting a fucking shift in?
"One's the West Stand, one's the West Stand, one's the West Stand N17!"

Personally, I think they should just hold X-Factor style singing auditions in the Fan square outside pre-match...

If you wanna get in, be prepared to join in...
Let's face it, the words aren't hard to learn!!! ...and we've resorted to only repeating about 3 or 4 on the songsheet anyway!

I still maintain there should be a designated section (East/West upper, I don't care) for tourists and the selfie stick brigade... They'd get a much better view up there! I did suggest something along those lines in the Fan survey I received... Dunno how that went down!

But in terms of who's singing and who's not, it's the thousands of one-off day tripper, General sale/ticket exchange fans that turn up en masse somehow each game, spread across the ground, yet draining ANY life outta the place 'cos all they're doing is taking selfies with their back to the pitch, or talking to their fucking TwitTwat 'followers' during the match....

"hey Guyyyyyys, so, like, I'm heeeere at the Tott'en'ham Hotspurs stadium, and, O M G it's like umayyyyyyzing! Behind me is the famous part of the stadium, cos THAT'S the end that Beyonce performed last Summer... I know! I'm like in THE Same stadium bowl that she was!! ...and guess what, next month, the NFL is comin' to Town... Right here, where I'm standing now!
Meantime, there's currently a lot, and I mean a LOT of sweaty Cockney Londoners looking at ME!!!! they told me to turn round and watch the faaackin' game... What game? There's a game? What, now...? I'm gonna turn around, but only if you guys gimme some likes and love
😘❤️😘❤️ awwww, thank YOOOUUU!
Wow, there IS a Soccer game on!!! Wow... I thought it was a half-and-half scarf swap event....
Wow, ...these guys seem to sing a LOT about the little bald man in the best seat over there... They seem to want to see him OUT ...is he gay??"

Last edited:
Boom boom, boom boom boom YIDS

Boom boom Yid Army

End thread.
accompanied by a
Concert Instrument GIF by Gentle Giant Band

Agreed. The atmosphere is shite in most games because we spend most of the matches passing sideways in our own half. The few times we have played with real aggression, like the games you mention, the atmosphere was incredible. If we play on the front foot under Ange then WHL will be rocking again.

Last edited:
Having seen this kind of thing at a few grounds across Europe, and in the US (Seattle Sounders esp) I'm happy to give it a go. It's better than the club making up fake banners like they do at Chelsea.

Good football generates a decent atmosphere.
By the same token, a crackling, intense atmosphere (and I'm including, pre-match, before a ball has even been kicked) can generate an intimidating, hostile yet defiant togetherness from the fans that spill down to the players, and maybe, can sometimes generate that self belief and confidence of us SUPPORTING the TEAM that ALLOWS them to play better football...

It's a two way thing; we're as much a part of the matchday experience as the players... (despite what Levy might think!)

We can't physically get on the pitch and PLAY the game, but we can certainly affect it from the stands!

Fans who skulk down to their seat in near silence 5 minutes into the game only to sit and DEMAND to be entertained before they even consider standing up to cheer a goal (we can ALL do that) is what drains the atmosphere...
Why do you think we conceded so many early goals at the arse end of last season? Everyone had effectively given up... The fans, the players, NO ONE CARED!

Generate the atmosphere to GIVE the impression we can affect things... Show we care, and support, regardless of the scoreline.

I refer my learned friend back to the UEFA Cup final 1984... Danny Thomas misses his crucial penalty, and what happens...?
The fans took it upon themselves to lift HIM, and as such, lift the WHOLE team... In that one split second, everything changed.
The rest is history.

That wim was as much the fans as it was Tony Parkes (though I'm pretty sure most fans in the ground that night wouldn't have saved the Pen!

If that Danny Thomas penalty had been taken 40 years later, he'd have been booed off the pitch. THAT'S the difference!

#12th man and all that!!

Last edited:
I still don’t think the new ground will be a good atmosphere with good football alone - needs both and this kinda thinking (drum) is a good one
Man City in the Champions league was one of the best Atmospheres I have ever experienced at any sporting event, the Stadium has the ability to be a cauldron so to speak and that didnt require a Drum, with the south Stand and the stadium in general other teams should fear coming to our patch a bit like the Gooners did when they bottled it!
A drum isn't going to magically make the atmosphere better, its a cop out by the club if you ask me, If you want a better atmosphere firstly get the team playing exciting football ( hopefully Ange will do this) and secondly make the ticket prices less so fans aren't priced out and replaced by Tourists who are there to. spectate and not participate!

Man City in the Champions league was one of the best Atmospheres I have ever experienced at any sporting event, the Stadium has the ability to be a cauldron so to speak and that didnt require a Drum, with the south Stand and the stadium in general other teams should fear coming to our patch a bit like the Gooners did when they bottled it!
A drum isn't going to magically make the atmosphere better, its a cop out by the club if you ask me, If you want a better atmosphere firstly get the team playing exciting football ( hopefully Ange will do this) and secondly make the ticket prices less so fans aren't priced out and replaced by Tourists who are there to. spectate and not participate!
Agree on pricing. Concessions for say 1K under 25’s in a singing area would be a smart move

Still think trying a drum is the right thing

Ahhhh, but we had the To Dare is To Do TIFO that night!
I for one thought it would be naff, pre match... Until I found myself standing there, holding my white plastic bag above my head along with 17,999 others... nerves tingling, but feeling UNTOUCHABLE and UNBEATABLE!
...and that was totally the clubs' intention, and decision! It genuinely worked that night... As did WE!

If the drum works, great, if it doesn't... it'll no doubt be just a hollow round bit of wood by the Fulham game!

Agree with most of it though!

Back
Top Bottom