Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About time Poch and this team learn to deal with the pre match hype and pressure for these games. We seem to be happy being the underdog and not talked about but boot on the other foot and its disappointment time.

In the last EIGHTY SIX away games at Liverpool, Chel$ea, Man Ure and Woolwich, we have won just FOUR times.

Pre-match hype, fear of being the underdog, the carrying of a rabbits paw, and saying three hail Mary's before crossing the white line onto the pitch should be well mastered by now one would think.

Truth be told we all think we are actually better than we are, and those stats prove it beyond any reason of doubt.

I have my two nephews (aged 5 and 7) and niece staying with me (aged 6) this weekend. They noticed I was feeling down and they all gave me hugs and cuddles, and my niece said ‘it could be worse uncle. At least you have us!’.

Proper cheered me up and gave me a sense of perspective.

Apologies for the vomit inducing post , but I really do adore them!

Ok and the seven year old may have ruined the moment (made it better?!) when he squeaked “fuck Woolwich!”

:dembelewtf:

:kanehand:

:levylol:

That was dire. Watched it with 15 mates. 2 spurs fans.
2 things I take from that:
- Sanchez, signing of the seasons. What a performance from the lad.
- please drop Dele. I’ve been asking for this for months. All he does is pick up the ball in advanced positions, with options, and gets tackled needlessly. I want Lamela to take his place. Him or Son. I find him I infuriating.

We have to find a solution to the 'away against top 6' stats. I didn't have confidence we would win before the game kicked off due to this stat and I think it's something that's in the players heads.

- please drop Dele. I’ve been asking for this for months. All he does is pick up the ball in advanced positions, with options, and gets tackled needlessly.

Let me remind you that this was literally our latest game.

1509585331308.gif

1509585371432.gif

That was dire. Watched it with 15 mates. 2 spurs fans.
2 things I take from that:
- Sanchez, signing of the seasons. What a performance from the lad.
- please drop Dele. I’ve been asking for this for months. All he does is pick up the ball in advanced positions, with options, and gets tackled needlessly. I want Lamela to take his place. Him or Son. I find him I infuriating.

He is just too inconsistent. He has been like this all season. The performs like he did against Madrid. He was very flash and wasteful rather then keep it moving. He doesn't seem fully committed to us tbh. Think he is looking for one big contract with us and then looking to move next summer

Im starting to think that we should park the bus on those games. Son should have started.

Yeah. How we lined up against Madrid away and played was the perfect way to approach this kind of game and against utd. Sit back and counter and have some support up top with Kane who clearly was not fit and could not do all the running himself.

I have my two nephews (aged 5 and 7) and niece staying with me (aged 6) this weekend. They noticed I was feeling down and they all gave me hugs and cuddles, and my niece said ‘it could be worse uncle. At least you have us!’.

Proper cheered me up and gave me a sense of perspective.

Apologies for the vomit inducing post , but I really do adore them!

Ok and the seven year old may have ruined the moment (made it better?!) when he squeaked “fuck Woolwich!”

:dembelewtf:

:kanehand:

:levylol:
I hope you set a better example than your limited vocabulary permanetly engrained in the whore house suggests .

Dembele is not the same. Don’t remember the last game he dominated the midfield like before. Him and sissoko at the middle was really not good. We have to start Winksy every time we can. And damn I miss wanyama.

Agreed.

He's been 'okay' for a while now - he just doesn't seem right. Obviously he's getting older, can barely play 2 games in a week or last a full 90 minutes anymore but I said it before and I'll say it again, it's time to let it go. Dembele is a GREAT asset to have. Bringing him on late in games to help see the game out, give him the ball and have him hold on to it, great.

But we can't keep relying on this guy when he adds no goals, doesn't assist, can't last 90 minutes and doesn't boss a game like he used to. He was fine today But he wasn't a game changer and he doesn't seem like he's been for over a year now.

Agreed.

He's been 'okay' for a while now - he just doesn't seem right. Obviously he's getting older, can barely play 2 games in a week or last a full 90 minutes anymore but I said it before and I'll say it again, it's time to let it go. Dembele is a GREAT asset to have. Bringing him on late in games to help see the game out, give him the ball and have him hold on to it, great.

But we can't keep relying on this guy when he adds no goals, doesn't assist, can't last 90 minutes and doesn't boss a game like he used to. He was fine today But he wasn't a game changer and he doesn't seem like he's been for over a year now.
Exactly my point of view. He was never a goal scorer or a creator, he kept possession and beat two or three man and passes to another more creative player. He’s good but not that good anymore. I rate winks higher the him right now.

Back
Top Bottom