Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I take full responsibility for this. Haven't been to the pub for a derby in years. I go for this game and this is what happens.
5 mins after I sit down and two bearded hipsters come and sit right next to me and start with their gooner bullshit! Knew it was a bad sign. I had to leave at half-time, can't stand the gooner bearded hipster.
Hate everything about that club!

Last edited:
Dunno about you guys but I'm just not enjoying this season as much as last. There's been a few great results, like Madrid, but we just don't seem to be hitting our stride or look as good as last season. Statistically we're better than last season, but some of the magic doesn't seem to be there for me. Usually I'd be raving at this point and everyone would call me a melt and so on, yet this is my first post on this entire thread.

Hopefully we lighten up in December, January. Maybe it's just Wembley. I don't think we've got any chance of winning the league, so perhaps that's why I care so little about league fixtures, I'm not sure, just not feeling it. The players, Alli and Dembele especially, just don't seem to be enjoying their football.

Thought thought Sanchez and Jan were brilliant today, Alli was very poor.
I think people underestimate the importance of Wanyama. The guy was an absolute beast last season. He makes both the defence and attack stronger. Can't wait for the guy to be back.
Lamela should hopefully inject some new energy into the side when he is back as well.

Dear me Woolwich have become As small time as West Ham..their entire season is based on the result against us..

We’ve ruined them. They used to worry about winning the league but now it’s just about one result.
We’ve got under their skin more than anyone could’ve have hoped.

Dear me Woolwich have become As small time as West Ham..their entire season is based on the result against us..

We’ve ruined them. They used to worry about winning the league but now it’s just about one result.
We’ve got under their skin more than anyone could’ve have hoped.
The best thing is they have finally hit on a decent attacking line, and 2 out of 3 will have to be sold in January or lost for nothing.

There have been suggestions that we bottled it?We didn't bottle it. We were just off the pace. We didnt do much wrong. You could feel, what little energy we had get drained each time the ref made an incorrect call. If the ref stamped out from the start the fouls that was stoping us building momentum, it may have been different. He took ages to show a yellow. Yes you create your own luck but yesterday was just one of them days. We can only come back stronger. COYS

The only crumb of comfort from yesterday is the realisation that we'd started to forget how losing to those cunts actually felt!
It fucking hurts... and MAYBE some of the players who - up until yesterday - hadn't experienced the sheer dejection of how it made our fans feel will act as the wake up call to ensure it doesn't happen again for a long time!

There have been suggestions that we bottled it?We didn't bottle it. We were just off the pace. We didnt do much wrong. You could feel, what little energy we had get drained each time the ref made an incorrect call. If the ref stamped out from the start the fouls that was stoping us building momentum, it may have been different. He took ages to show a yellow. Yes you create your own luck but yesterday was just one of them days. We can only come back stronger. COYS
Suggestion from who?
How do you 'bottle' a perfectly timed tackle, only to see it called back as a non existent foul??
If it was GONNA be a free kick, then OUR Sanchez may as well just have cleaned out their Sanchez and made sure the cunt hobbled around for the rest of the game...

Bit like Grandshit Xaxhia did all game...
What a snidey odious cunt HE IS... looks like Wilshire, plays like a total thug!
He's no better than a clean-cut Vinny Jones with a side parting... yet THAT is what they've now resorted to...?

So yes, MAYBE we bottled it after all by timing our tackles and not hounding the ref aggressively for the rest of the game!
I imagine mourinho would've just 'let is pass without comment' had HIS team been in the receiving end of such blatant incompetence... Wenger hardly mentioned anything after the Man City game did he!!!

We're such soft cunts!

we missed dyer in midfield, Dembele could not do that stuff that Dyer does,
we had Kane & dele who looked off the pace,
and they, like west Ham were up for it, that is something that I think Poch does not get/do, we hardy ever seem to be up for it from the start of the game

This ruined my weekend football, couldnt care less what happen this week. And yes it is frustrating to lose against this lot.
But there is no need for a meltdown and hitting at certain personnel imo. The only thing im disappointed of them is they did not impose themselves more aggresively and seems to be half hearted by the end of the game. We could score, but last 15 i have let up hope because it showed, the players manner.

But when i watched it, Dembele is crazy good. Sanchez is unbelieveable. I would probably started Winks. He is really good, but you cant expect him to change the game from sub yet.
Dele doing his bit but just seem a little off today.
We are still playing good football. Maybe title is a bit off now, but we are going to get a lot of points. Not yet time to panic. Hope Poch and players learned to be a bit harder next time. It is true we are sometimes a bit soft, but not to an alarming condition.

Kane also played well just didnt have that calmness today. You can excuses that cause the atmosphese must have been bit scary for them. Davies and Tripps also played well.

Ohh and im glad Poch singled that referee. Not to say we will win with better refereed. But that was really bad performance by the referee.

It just wasn't our day. Nearly half our team were fucked before we started.
Dembele not fully fit, Kane mashed leg, Eriksen tired as fuck same as Dier, and then Dele was he also injured?
We would have struggled against any team, but against them and the fucking ref it made it impossible.
I wonder how fully fit Winks was, he could have helped us if on from the start, and Sonny too.
Not saying Dembele was bad, but he wasn't offering much either. Son's pace & trickery would have been an upgrade on Dele yesterday too. Its not Dele's fault he just back from injury. Pochettino doesn't have too many faults, but I think one is certain players play even when not 100%.

At the end of the day it was a narrow loss, we were so far from our best it was like watching a different team at times, and despite that those lot played the best they have played probably all season, and what they managed 1 legal goal. Lesser teams than us under those circumstances would have crumbled and lost 4 or 5 nil.
Its horrific losing to them but its not time to panic. It was one fucking game and we'll bounce back and hopefully learn a bit from it.

It's delusional to blame the referee for losing yesterday, they were way, way better than us in every position and that's why they beat us.

If a Real Madrid fan came on here howling about the ref being at fault for us spanking them at Wembley, not calling Trippier's offside, he'd be laughed off the internet and rightly so

Yeah it also dawned on me how small time they've become. A few years back when we beat them, they would give off the usual "big club" reaction of "oh, you beat us and celebrated like you won a trophy" or "can't wait for the Dvd" etc.

Yet, they've become just that. It's rather amusing really. That is the highlight of their season. And they still couldn't overtake us.

It just wasn't our day. Nearly half our team were fucked before we started.
Dembele not fully fit, Kane mashed leg, Eriksen tired as fuck same as Dier, and then Dele was he also injured?
We would have struggled against any team, but against them and the fucking ref it made it impossible.
I wonder how fully fit Winks was, he could have helped us if on from the start, and Sonny too.
Not saying Dembele was bad, but he wasn't offering much either. Son's pace & trickery would have been an upgrade on Dele yesterday too. Its not Dele's fault he just back from injury. Pochettino doesn't have too many faults, but I think one is certain players play even when not 100%.

At the end of the day it was a narrow loss, we were so far from our best it was like watching a different team at times, and despite that those lot played the best they have played probably all season, and what they managed 1 legal goal. Lesser teams than us under those circumstances would have crumbled and lost 4 or 5 nil.
Its horrific losing to them but its not time to panic. It was one fucking game and we'll bounce back and hopefully learn a bit from it.

Dele's been mostly crap before his injury, he doesn't have enough in his locker to be much better. Very overrated.

Exactly. Son is amazing. With every touch you see him doing something. But I think Lamela, if it’s the same Lamela from 2 years ago - I’d take him over Ali more than Son, as much as I love him.
I think the most Important thing, however, is getting Tony signed up. He justifies being in out top earning bracket.

I don't think Lamela or Alli are good enough options for a team with title aspirations. Son is too wasteful, but much more a goal threat than Lamela will ever be.

Back
Top Bottom