Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe the meltdown on here. Toby & Rose weren't available. Kane, Dele, Moose & Winks weren't fully fit, Eriksen's just returned from the International break after playing energy-draining & highly emotional match. Understandable we weren't at the races today.

This side has shown they're capable of beating Real Madrid when they're healthy so I'm not going to slag them off.

This is quite mild, trust me on that....
Yeah, it could be so much worse after watching that clusterfuck of a match.

We're pretty chill, all things considered.

tumblr_nsi42uIJpe1ub1ddno2_250.gif

I cannot disagree with the injury list, but he has brought in Llorente for exactly what purpose? He has brought in defenders Sanchez and Aurier, and therefore had options.

We are (as many a punter has said) punching well above our weight, and being well motivated and running through brick walls for the manager will only take any club so far. There comes a time when we need more skill and experience than a well motivated, twenty two year old set of players.

Every successful club had players on International duty or does have throughout the season, and how can this London Derby not bring out every ounce of emotional energy and sinew?

Fact is we were beaten by the better side, out managed and if proof were needed of just where we are in the pecking order just ask yourself one question:

How many wins has Poch's side made away from home against the so called "top six"?

We are a very good side, no doubt, challenging most teams, but huffing and puffing and chest beating, badge kissing will only get you so far in this league. Walker made a point about why he wanted to move, and he was spot bollock on.

People castigated Rose for voicing his opinion about the squad and players being brought in but was he so far wrong?

Flame away.
We haven’t got the money mate.
When we can match woolwich finacially we can start buying the big names and paying them well
As it is we can’t even match Liverpool.
Forget about the mancs
ROse is bright enough to understand. That’s why we bought him and Walker

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino tells Sky Sports: "It was an even game in terms of shots on target, off target, possession. I am only disappointed because the effort was massive from the team. It is obvious you saw what happened in the game and the small details were against us, it makes it difficult to win. I am very proud with the effort.

"I do not need to say anything, it was obvious for everyone here and watching at home. It is not easy to accept because we lost the game but we have to more on and keep going.

"The free-kick for the first goal and the first goal was obvious offside, maybe the second was too. When you play against a team in the top-six, the big details are up to you, sometimes things go against you but that is football. Against Swansea, it was the same Mike Dean too.

"Granit Xhaka should have had a second yellow card, sometimes you feel disappointed and frustrated because the small details change a lot.

"Harry Kane and Dele Alli were OK to play but with 15 minutes to go, it was not necessary to take risks. We had few chances to score in the end.

"I made a technical decision on Danny Rose, after months out they need to get back up to fitness. The situation is not an issue."
That’s a first.
Must be pissed off

Why whenever we lose there (and at OT) does it have to be some weird, crazy decision led fuck up... rather than us losing fair and square...
I can TAKE fair and square... but not this... not today.

A free kick that wasn't... and an offside in the lead up to the 2nd... IT ALWAYS seems to happen in this cunt of a fixture...

I assume Sky will be selling the arseAnal XI off to Barca/Real this week, and leaving our lot alone until we win again.?

Being left alone will be worth it.

Cheatski and Man €it¥ can buy the league between them for all I care... that's where we are now.

Don’t know wtf happened today. Can’t believe we let that shower of soft cunts totally outplay us. They seemed to want it so much more than us, this should never be the case. That free kick for the first goal was obviously a fucking joke but even without that we just didn’t look threatening. So disappointing.

Edit : Davinson was absolute class today, if it wasn’t for him we would have conceded more. Fair play to Sissoko who looked strong and determined today too.

the team selection wasn't great tbh but the players still need to perform. i would have played rose and aurier at wing back and started winks in midfield. i can't work out why rose wasn't selected. our front 3 were awful for the most part too. i'm fucking gutted

Cos Davies has been great so far this season whilst Rose has done nothing in nearly a year to threaten his spot.

Back
Top Bottom