Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe the meltdown on here. Toby & Rose weren't available. Kane, Dele, Moose & Winks weren't fully fit, Eriksen's just returned from the International break after playing energy-draining & highly emotional match. Understandable we weren't at the races today.

This side has shown they're capable of beating Real Madrid when they're healthy so I'm not going to slag them off.

Redknapps HT analysis “yes it was offside but you’ve still got to get your head on it”. Well surely being offside gives u an advantage to do just that you stupid clueless cunt! How can you criticise defenders for not properly picking up a player whose offside!?

Watching today was fucking horrible but why the fucking hell do SKY have to make it 100 times worse by inflicting cunting arsewipes like Henry and Rednapp on us ?

Can't believe the meltdown on here. Toby & Rose weren't available. Kane, Dele, Moose & Winks weren't fully fit, Eriksen's just returned from the International break after playing energy-draining & highly emotional match. Understandable we weren't at the races today.

This side has shown they're capable of beating Real Madrid when they're healthy so I'm not going to slag them off.
This is quite mild, trust me on that....

If you could make Trippier and Davies into one player, you'd have a great wing back!

Trippier has great delivery and gets in good positions but loses too many one on ones and is lightweight in the tackle.

Davies is great in one on ones, is strong in the tackle, but is almost never an attacking option and has mediocre delivery.

Both of them on the pitch means a predictable situation: Woolwich exploiting our right flank and not worried about our left.

Look our manager isn’t going to be a cunt and publicity blame the officials.
He’s not Wenger.
Yes maybe 3 bad decisions.
However, we weren’t up to it today and it wasn’t becuase we didn’t try. We were basically a team of half injured and tired jaded bodies.
Who have played 7 games in 3 weeks before internationals, against Madridx2, Liverpool. Spam, Palace and Man U juggling injuries and picking up more.

We didn’t get into third gear.
I don’t think it was even their performance that was great, it was ours that made them look a bit better.

Games are won in midfield.
We have been without a fit, injury free midfield all season.
To ask Dembele to be his absolute best in his first league start since when, Burnley, is asking a lot.
Sure Winks would have started, but he has to have been unwell or something.

Live by yer anger ya wee nonce.

Listen. I don’t give a fuck if you want to give me abuse. I lap it up like a dug in aboot cald chips.

I was just worried about yer wife. That’s aw, wee man.
Shit in ma mooth... since when did you turn into Irvine Welsh??

Thanks for being so understanding.... no hard feelings... yours was just the first reply I read after telling a pub full of gooners to go fuck themselves, and leaving briskly!!!
... I guess we're all in this together.

For what it's worth, I think Winks will stay!!!!!!

Obviously very dissappointed.

Few thoughts, firstly Woolwich played very well, and it's damning on all of them that they don't play like that every week. Disgraceful Ozil and Sanchez should be embarrassed.

Davinson was great, so powerful, commanding, skillful fast as fuck! So unlucky that his brilliant tackle got given as a fk.

Trippier didn't offer much today, we were being pressed like mad, it didn't suit trippier and Davies and I don't like that this Rose situation is happening now...

Dembele was good in parts, still has the touch and ball control unparalleled in the squad. Though sissoko was good just lacks that bit of ball control at times,

Thought winks was good when he came on. Moved it quickly, eriksen Alli and kane were all a bit off,

I must say I hate the narrative of 'can't win away at the top 6' it's difficult look at the top 6 last year only Chelsea and city did it! Once!!

Obvious how it was going from 1st goal.
Thank fuck I switched off after 2nd.

I see the usual the usual goon cunts have come out in force on here.
No idea why folk don't just continually bin them.

I'll probably be taking a break from here. There's a real chance someone is getting stabbed through the throat tomorrow at work.

Llorente seemed to find something to laugh about at the end. That’s more than I did.

How on earth did the ref see a shirt pull ahead of the freekick ? Astounding. And the header “only slightly offside” errr slightly off side ?

But those decisions are masking issues a little as we were very poor overall and they deserved at least a plucky point. That point will probably be critical to their chase for a Europa league spot ahead of West Brom, with 3 points they might even pip Watford to 5th.

Shit in ma mooth... since when did you turn into Irvine Welsh??

Thanks for being so understanding.... no hard feelings... yours was just the first reply I read after telling a pub full of gooners to go fuck themselves, and leaving briskly!!!
... I guess we're all in this together.

For what it's worth, I think Winks will stay!!!!!!
It’s a dialect. Thousands sound like Irvine Welsh. Thousands more sound like his characters.

I’m away to finish a chapter. Go easy on the wife

I cannot disagree with the injury list, but he has brought in Llorente for exactly what purpose? He has brought in defenders Sanchez and Aurier, and therefore had options.

We are (as many a punter has said) punching well above our weight, and being well motivated and running through brick walls for the manager will only take any club so far. There comes a time when we need more skill and experience than a well motivated, twenty two year old set of players.

Every successful club had players on International duty or does have throughout the season, and how can this London Derby not bring out every ounce of emotional energy and sinew?

Fact is we were beaten by the better side, out managed and if proof were needed of just where we are in the pecking order just ask yourself one question:

How many wins has Poch's side made away from home against the so called "top six"?

We are a very good side, no doubt, challenging most teams, but huffing and puffing and chest beating, badge kissing will only get you so far in this league. Walker made a point about why he wanted to move, and he was spot bollock on.

People castigated Rose for voicing his opinion about the squad and players being brought in but was he so far wrong?

Flame away.

DO6_BhcWkAE58OY.jpg
wtf_is_that_martin_freeman.gif

Janssen didn't die for this.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino tells Sky Sports: "It was an even game in terms of shots on target, off target, possession. I am only disappointed because the effort was massive from the team. It is obvious you saw what happened in the game and the small details were against us, it makes it difficult to win. I am very proud with the effort.

"I do not need to say anything, it was obvious for everyone here and watching at home. It is not easy to accept because we lost the game but we have to more on and keep going.

"The free-kick for the first goal and the first goal was obvious offside, maybe the second was too. When you play against a team in the top-six, the big details are up to you, sometimes things go against you but that is football. Against Swansea, it was the same Mike Dean too.

"Granit Xhaka should have had a second yellow card, sometimes you feel disappointed and frustrated because the small details change a lot.

"Harry Kane and Dele Alli were OK to play but with 15 minutes to go, it was not necessary to take risks. We had few chances to score in the end.

"I made a technical decision on Danny Rose, after months out they need to get back up to fitness. The situation is not an issue."

Back
Top Bottom