Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish this time tomorrow we get news that the club have hijacked the move to Chelsea and he'll be at the ground for the United game. I had hoped that the reluctance to go for him now was on the basis that he can go to Real Madrid for a while and still come back again later.

What did we win before him when we had two genuine world class stars in Bale and Modric? What have we won after him? Makes you think our not winning something was probably not down to him, right?

We did better than ever before and got closer than ever before under Poch. He developed players to reach the peak of their powers.

Call them failures all you want. Other clubs clearly don't think the same since he's now had the PSG and Chelsea job after us.

PSG stuck with him did they? He played for them and was available.

Chelsea realistically had 2 or 3 choices.

I hope he fails. That simple.

He was a choker. Full stop. We should have won at least 2 trophies in his time was with us. Then he started Kane in the CL final, which was a bad call.

Late and poor use of subs.

Let's not just forget for the sake of honesty.

It's good because we need a manager who is a winner as it's only at that point that will we move on from painful idolatry..

Oh ffs stop it we've hired two of the most successful managers going in Conte and Jose and neither even came close to doing what Poch did. The "we need a winner" mentality surely needs to die away now.

Winning trophies elsewhere doesn't mean shit all when they rock up at Spurs.

What did we win before him when we had two genuine world class stars in Bale and Modric? What have we won after him? Makes you think our not winning something was probably not down to him, right?

We did better than ever before and got closer than ever before under Poch. He developed players to reach the peak of their powers.

Call them failures all you want. Other clubs clearly don't think the same since he's now had the PSG and Chelsea job after us.

He did also manage to somehow not win a one team league with PSG.

:pochcry:

Don’t worry we have Kane to United to look forward to as well. Naglesmann will string us along probably and we will end up with Rogers.

Whole club is a land of joy.

PSG stuck with him did they? He played for them and was available.

Chelsea realistically had 2 or 3 choices.

I hope he fails. That simple.

PSG stick with nobody as they're a mess. Still thought he was worth hiring, as do Chelsea now. Pretty decent post-Spurs resume considering he "failed" here according to you.

Yeah, so do I. But he probably won't, because he's a fantastic coach.

I hope Pocheetino falls flat on his face because I can't stand or stomach Chelsea and it's that simple.

A vile club is a vile club whoever it employs.

If he wins anything at that morally bankrupt club it will mean nothing.

With their resources they have 2 teams to beat. Where is yhe glory im that?

Hope Guardiola signs a 5 year contract just to make it even less likely that Chelsea win a damn thing.
The gods demand that our suffering remains amplified. Poch will grab his cojones and blub for the camera as those cunts hoist him in the air on a victory lap after winning something.

Meanwhile, we get to watch 5 min clips on Spurs Play of Richarlison pigeoning around in a plaster cast, Lenglet and Winks run around like chickens in a rondo and Eric Dier vs Sanchez in a lucozade-coloured go-kart race.

He’s a pro and we’ve not offered him his first choice. Doesn’t bother me at all. Hoddle managed those cunts and I still love him. Quite a few players have moved back and forth. Pros have to move around. That’s OK. Chavs will always be cunts. That’s OK too.

I think for most old school fans they are not that bothered about Chelsea. Over the years players(and managers)have moved between the clubs. Hoddle really started their revolution didn’t he.

Greaves, Bobby Smith - before my time - Hoddle, Venables, Mickey Hazard, Graham Roberts.
Poyet, Cuducini. Even Gallas. Sure there are others too.

Obviously Levy has been obsessed with their managers.
The problem is now if poch goes there does he try to get Kane. Greaves, smith and Kane. Some trio that would be……..

The irony of them winning nothing with spurs and going there is a football gods joke waiting to happen isn’t it.

Just waiting for Tuchel to be sacked at Bayern now aren’t we……

People concerned with Pochettino sums up how cucked this fan base is. Let go of the past, we’re a fucking shambles at the moment and I’d be more worried about our club than what club Poch chooses to manage. It’s a job and that’s it.

He's not the one who is going to be stringing us along, it's the conman at the top trying to get the season ticket renewals in that will be doing that.

Our fans or at least some of them are fantastic. Our away fans are incredible, that being said considering the ticket prices and the care this club gives.

It’s hard for me to say as I don’t mean it from malice, but anyone that buys a season ticket in this situation either loves Spurs to the point of watching them in Afghanistan or are mugs. The club should do the decent thing and lower the cost to reflect our ambition and football product.

It’s been said many times but it’s £80 to go to the Ritz to eat McDonald’s.

People concerned with Pochettino sums up how cucked this fan base is. Let go of the past, we’re a fucking shambles at the moment and I’d be more worried about our club than what club Poch chooses to manage. It’s a job and that’s it.

It’s because on paper at least only Naglesmann is better suited. If the club don’t get him when we could have had him and settle for a Rogers appointment we will look like idiots.

What will his welcome be like when spurs face Chelsea

I could envision the crowd chanting his name still which would be sickening

Get used to it. Next season Poch will be battering us with Chelsea and Kane will be smashing goals past us with United. Levy will still get the biggest bonus though.

Oh and Woolwich will get Rice and a few more elite players and genuinely be on for the title. There is much greatest next season but not for Spurs.

It’s because on paper at least only Naglesmann is better suited. If the club don’t get him when we could have had him and settle for a Rogers appointment we will look like idiots.
I am not sure Poch would have done anything with the sack of lazy shits on the payroll at the minute, mate. They’d start crying and throw the towel after one pre-season with Poch.

Also remember the players we have up top and their ages. We can’t play constant high pressing football with Son and Kane, that’s my opinion. They don’t have the legs for it anymore. And knowing Poch, he’d start both every game regardless.

If Nagelsmann won’t come, I hope we try Slot. We need a new face who won’t play his favorites from a previous stint.

I am not sure Poch would have done anything with the sack of lazy shits on the payroll at the minute, mate. Also remember the players we have up top and their ages. We can’t play constant high pressing football with Son and Kane, that’s my opinion. And knowing Poch, he’d start both every game regardless.

If Nagelsmann won’t come, I hope we try Slot. We need a new face who won’t play his favorites from a previous stint.

Slot likes attacking high press so same issues. Naglesmann is a worldie manager but if we don’t pull it off it’s a huge leap to the next.

Our fans or at least some of them are fantastic. Our away fans are incredible, that being said considering the ticket prices and the care this club gives.

It’s hard for me to say as I don’t mean it from malice, but anyone that buys a season ticket in this situation either loves Spurs to the point of watching them in Afghanistan or are mugs. The club should do the decent thing and lower the cost to reflect our ambition and football product.

It’s been said many times but it’s £80 to go to the Ritz to eat McDonald’s.
Couldn't agree more mate. Watching Levy at Cambridge the other day justifying the ticket costs by saying that if you want a world class team and competitive team then ticket prices will be higher (paraphrasing here btw) made me laugh.

That's all well and good when you DO have that but we currently DON'T so why are we paying those prices for something, like you said, is not reflecting the current product?

I cancelled mine for this very reason, well, I cancelled because I didn't want to put money in the owners pockets anymore.

It makes no sense to me it just screams that Levy is out of touch, I keep saying that he behaves like a politician and every single day it becomes more reasonable to believe that to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom