Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That doesn't in turn mean the next 5, 10 , 20 years are set in stone.

I look at all the realistic options aside from Poch and don't see a single name that I would have any realistic expectations of doing a better job than him. Other than Nagelsmann .. who I struggle to see actually coming here.

Beyond that its who? Rodgers, Potter, Slot, Kompany, De Zerbi, Amorim? None of these are bad managers, but I'd rate their chances of besting Pochettino's work as low at best.

I look at all the realistic options aside from Poch and don't see a single name that I would have any realistic expectations of doing a better job than him. Other than Nagelsmann .. who I struggle to see actually coming here.

Beyond that its who? Rodgers, Potter, Slot, Kompany, De Zerbi, Amorim? None of these are bad managers, but I'd rate their chances of besting Pochettino's work as low at best.
Can he even best his own work if he came back?

Are you saying if we hired him we’d get 80 points next season?

So .. Poch was the most popular option? Was anyone ahead of him? He got 31 and Nagelsmann 29? Who got the rest of the % ???

HNVAJP1.png

For the majority of the fanbase, re-hiring Poch would've been viewed as a positive move. There would've been some cynicism about it, but even the cynical people would've probably got a nice glow when they saw him on the touchline.

Given the nature of your last contradiction; I don't think it's any fairer of you to make that claim.

Personally, I don't think some short-term, superficial pacification is significant enough to bother chasing it.... Previously we've seen a lot of virtuous "I'm prepared to suffer X Y & Z if it means a brighter future" posts.... Seems that sentiment is fading rather fast when you look at some of the threads over the last couple of days.

If someone else is considered the better man for the job then I'm prepared to find out what that man can do.

Can he even best his own work if he came back?

Are you saying if we hired him we’d get 80 points next season?

Did he get 80 points in his first season at the club?

I think Poch is the best coach this club can realistically attract, its that simple. I also think people are against him purely because they want something different. I also really don't want to see the best coach of our modern era at Chelsea.

We know Poch can conduct a rebuild, we know he plays the football we like, and we know he can roll with 3 at the back.

HNVAJP1.png

Given the nature of your last contradiction; I don't think it's any fairer of you to make that claim.

Personally, I don't think some short-term, superficial pacification is significant enough to bother chasing it.... Previously we've seen a lot of virtuous "I'm prepared to suffer X Y & Z if it means a brighter future" posts.... Seems that sentiment is fading rather fast when you look at some of the threads over the last couple of days.

If someone else is considered the better man for the job then I'm prepared to find out what that man can do.
Why did this poll get deleted? This one was great and perfectly fine

Which is fair enough; but you're prone to saying absolute things akin to "it's never getting any better than Poch".

EPL 2nd and a CL final for Spurs is no mean feat whatever the circumstances....... However, if someone comes in and wins a trophy of any kind over the coming seasons then the water on this subject gets significantly muddied. The subjective extremely well worn "what does success mean to you?" debate just gets resurrected all over again.

I hope Pocheetino falls flat on his face because I can't stand or stomach Chelsea and it's that simple.

A vile club is a vile club whoever it employs.

If he wins anything at that morally bankrupt club it will mean nothing.

With their resources they have 2 teams to beat. Where is the glory im that?

Hope Guardiola signs a 5 year contract just to make it even less likely that Chelsea win a damn thing.

Last edited:

I think Poch is the best coach this club can realistically attract, its that simple. I also think people are against him purely because they want something different. I also really don't want to see the best coach of our modern era at Chelsea.

We know Poch can conduct a rebuild, we know he plays the football we like, and we know he can roll with 3 at the back.
Good to see that your worries about us possibly becoming a mid table team would go away just by getting the right manager in.

:sonpoint:

Twitter is full of Chelsea fans getting excited about Poch and sharing videos of his football at Spurs. It's fucking painful to watch.

Funny cos he was deemed a choker and a loser whilst he was here.... Esp. by those pricks.

Fuck 'em.

Pochettino is the past. He did well. He also had some phenomenal players at the peak of their powers.

What did we win?

I hope he takes our failures with him and continues in the same vein..

Funny cos he was deemed a choker and a loser whilst he was here.... Esp. by those pricks.

Fuck 'em.

He was a choker. Full stop. We should have won at least 2 trophies in his time was with us. Then he started Kane in the CL final, which was a bad call.

Late and poor use of subs.

Let's not just forget for the sake of honesty.

It's good because we need a manager who is a winner as it's only at that point that will we move on from painful idolatry..

Pochettino is the past. He did well. He also had some phenomenal players at the peak of their powers.

What did we win?

I hope he takes our failures with him and continues in the same vein..

What did we win before him when we had two genuine world class stars in Bale and Modric? What have we won after him? Makes you think our not winning something was probably not down to him, right?

We did better than ever before and got closer than ever before under Poch. He developed players to reach the peak of their powers.

Call them failures all you want. Other clubs clearly don't think the same since he's now had the PSG and Chelsea job after us.

Two or three home games in a row Pochettinos name has been sung clearly and loudly by all four stands of the stadium. I think that's a decent indicator of where the fan base is.

I've not suggested that no-one wants him.......

It wouldn't be outrageous to suggest that the 31% reflected in the poll wouldn't be a generous estimation of those whom were vocal enough to sing his name at the stadium.

It was "clear", but not half the stadium at full lung "loud".

Back
Top Bottom