Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to SSN, the Boehly Consortium are hiring Poch because (I paraphrase) "of his outstanding record in developing young players as demonstrated at Spurs".

Our frustrations were with Poch's failure to develop our brightest Academy talents. But at the chavs, annoyingly, he will have some of the best young players in the world, bought for big transfer fees. Better than what he worked with for us (apart from Kane, of course).

So we shall see if that reputation is justified.
Integrating academy kids into the team and levelling up young senior professionals to the next step of their careers are, in fairness, two different sorts of tasks.

The funny thing is you wouldn't have to scroll back too many pages to find people calling a re-hiring of Poch a "cynical", "lazy" attempt at pacifying the fans.

And it would be but the fans need pacifying. He simply has to deliver a decent manager and that manager has to finish above Pochettino next season. If he doesn’t then it won’t be a good look.

And it would be but the fans need pacifying.

Doesn't seem like the best way to do that. 69% of the people here didn't want Poch to take over from Conte.......

He simply has to deliver a decent manager

Yes; yes he does.

and that manager has to finish above Pochettino next season. If he doesn’t then it won’t be a good look.

It's not an significant criteria.

- We finish 8th and they finish 9th? Who cares...... It's been lame either way.
- They finish 1st and we finish 2nd? We'd still have had an excellent season....... Perhaps the tables are turned the year after?
- We've had a shit season regardless of whether the scum win the league this year or not.

What we do and how much we can improve is what's important. That's the only things that's gonna genuinely pacify the fans.

The funny thing is you wouldn't have to scroll back too many pages to find people calling a re-hiring of Poch a "cynical", "lazy" attempt at pacifying the fans.
A bit like Spammer fans moaning about moving to the Olympic Stadium...until they knew we wanted it then they are all for it!!

Doesn't seem like the best way to do that. 69% of the people here didn't want Poch to take over from Conte.......

Uh well that's not true, is it. Just because they may have had someone else who they preferred (some of which are now no longer available) doesn't mean they were actively against Poch taking over. Someone might prefer Nagelsmann, but deep down think that isn't happening so want Poch.

Do a poll of people who are actively against Poch joining straight up and I imagine the % will be pretty low. Poch is by far the 2nd most popular choice for next coach (41%) after Nagelsmann, who quite honestly we might as well stick Klopp in there as far as I'm concerned, he ain't coming.

Uh well that's not true, is it. Just because they may have had someone else who they preferred (some of which are now no longer available) doesn't mean they were actively against Poch taking over. Someone might prefer Nagelsmann, but deep down think that isn't happening so want Poch.

Touche...... I don't explicitly NOT want Poch......... But the whole point of the poll (before it got rehashed and ruined) was to see who people wanted most if forced to choose.

(All the options in the vote were still available at the time Conte was sacked.... And that's when the snapshot was taken).

Do a poll of people who are actively against Poch joining straight up and I imagine the % will be pretty low. Poch is by far the 2nd most popular choice for next coach (41%)

31%

after Nagelsmann,

JN was 29%

No point looking at the current iteration of the poll cos it's a multiple choice thing now and adds up to around 170%.

Last edited:
And if we fail at Nagelsmann? You still gonna be "happy" we didn't get Poch when we hire an objectively lesser coach?
Mosy managers only last 2-3 seasons anyway. But no I’m not that bothered if Poch doesn’t come back.

There are other managers out there besides Poch. I don’t know why you’re sure anyone we get will be objectively worse than him.

after Nagelsmann, who quite honestly we might as well stick Klopp in there as far as I'm concerned, he ain't coming
I’m not convinced of this yet.

I don’t think we would be his first choice but there appear to be enough credible links. There just isn’t a lot of transparency into his thinking and to why he didn’t pursue Chelsea.

There will be enough decent managerial candidates available in summer to fill the post.

Mosy managers only last 2-3 seasons anyway. But no I’m not that bothered if Poch doesn’t come back.

There are other managers out there besides Poch. I don’t know why you’re sure anyone we get will be objectively worse than him.

Because everybody before him was worse and everybody after him was worse.

If you create a narrative then you csn also create the outcome.

Touche...... I don't NOT want Poch......... But the whole point of the poll (before it got rehashed and ruined) was to see who people wanted most if forced to choose.

(All the options in the vote were still available at the time Conte was sacked.... And that's when the snapshot was taken).

31%

JN was 29%

No point looking at the current iteration of the poll cos it's a multiple choice thing now and adds up to around 170%.

So .. Poch was the most popular option? Was anyone ahead of him? He got 31 and Nagelsmann 29? Who got the rest of the % ???

For the majority of the fanbase, re-hiring Poch would've been viewed as a positive move. There would've been some cynicism about it, but even the cynical people would've probably got a nice glow when they saw him on the touchline.

Back
Top Bottom