Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would Ferguson have gone to City? Guardiola to United? Nicholson to Woolwich or Wenger to us.

Once gone be gone..
Graham and Jose came to us. Hoddle went to Chelsea. Benitez went to Everton. Mark Hughes managed City. Conte went to Inter etc. Shit happens.

And then what?
You stop watching football? You support Chelsea? You concentrate on non-league football or Leyton Orient?
I don’t get it. We all know that professional footballers and managers are hired by multiple teams in, what is a very short, career. Yeah, there are are (mostly third world Twitter) fans who follow and are loyal to a single player (or manager) but I honestly didn’t expect Poch to Chelsea to be the last straw for anyone.
I don’t know that I could bear to follow football any more. Don’t think i could stomach it. The fact is poch was far different to anyone else we’ve had in my life time. He was Spurs. He transformed us. But we blew it since then. I hate Chelsea even more than Woolwich nowadays so it’s too much.

Graham and Jose came to us. Hoddle went to Chelsea. Benitez went to Everton. Mark Hughes managed City. Conte went to Inter etc. Shit happens.
51837803.jpg.0.jpg

He'll do well with them and get a lot out of that squad but I doubt he wins a title with them. He'll probably be there for 2 seasons max.

Maybe not though. All it takes is a shiny new manager and a little 60M thrown into the transfer budget and moving on some deadwood and the ENIC fans will be hailing Levy as a genius again, the slugs.
Football fans are the ficklest individuals on the planet.

Liverpool fans loved John Henry two years ago. Now there’s a huge FSG Out movement.
Woolwich fans wanted Kroenke out a couple of years ago now they love him more than some of the fans on this forum. They may go back to hating him by the end of the season or next year if he flirts with success and fails to deliver.
ENIC were 90 minutes away from being loved under Poch. A decent run or a trophy under a new manager and Danny Boy becomes the poster child for the ‘little engine that could’ again for the majority.

Football fans are the ficklest individuals on the planet.

Liverpool fans loved John Henry two years ago. Now there’s a huge FSG Out movement.
Woolwich fans wanted Kroenke out a couple of years ago now they love him more than some of the fans on this forum. They may go back to hating him by the end of the season or next year if he flirts with success and fails to deliver.
ENIC were 90 minutes away from being loved under Poch. A decent run or a trophy under a new manager and Danny Boy becomes the poster child for the ‘little engine that could’ again for the majority.
It is funny how some of our fans praise them as a model example of how to run a football club now when they were hated for years. But apparently our owners are the worst and its stupid to think that things can turn around with them when thats exactly what happened over there.

It is funny how some of our fans praise them as a model example of how to run a football club now when they were hated for years. But apparently our owners are the worst and its stupid to think that things can turn around with them when thats exactly what happened over there.

Ashley Olsen Eye Roll GIF by Filmeditor

They've had since 2001.

It is funny how some of our fans praise them as a model example of how to run a football club now when they were hated for years.
They are unequivocally not that, on several levels.

They do demonstrate the potential in putting an organizational structure in place where football people make football decisions and are all pulling in the same direction under a coherent vision.

The Kroenke's have been far from perfect, Edu has been far from perfect, Arteta has been far from perfect.

But they've made better decisions more often than we have over the past 4-5 years, and are marginally more willing to leverage their comparable economic power. Fine margins.

Kroenke's had since 2007. 15 years later they suddenly figured out how to properly run a football club.

The idea that because some other club suddenly got competent for a short period of time we should all wait around for our own lot to get competent despite there being zero signs whatsoever of this is beyond naive. How many countless examples of clubs continually being stupid exist against the example of Woolwich making smart decisions lately?

Is it 100% impossible ENIC get their shit together? No. Would anybody sensible bet on it? Absolutely not, nothing about the people in place at the club (Incl players) give us any reasons to be optimistic. We're much more likely to have 4-5 seasons in the wilderness, like Woolwich did BEFORE the getting together of their shit.

The idea that because some other club suddenly got competent for a short period of time we should all wait around for our own lot to get competent despite there being zero signs whatsoever of this is beyond naive. How many countless examples of clubs continually being stupid exist against the example of Woolwich making smart decisions lately?

Is it 100% impossible ENIC get their shit together? No. Would anybody sensible bet on it? Absolutely not, nothing about the people in place at the club (Incl players) give us any reasons to be optimistic. We're much more likely to have 4-5 seasons in the wilderness, like Woolwich did BEFORE the getting together of their shit.
What difference does it make? We're not making the decisions so I don't really see the problem with hoping for the best. Especially when I'm constantly hearing Woolwich being used a measure for success.

Back
Top Bottom