Match thread: Manchester Shitty (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shocking decision from Webb to let Balotelli deliberatly stamp on Parkers head. It was so clearly deliberate and malicious, and he should be punished for it. Probably wont happen though.

That said, Defoe should have made it 3-2, BAE should have kept his cool and King shouldnt have conceeded a penalty. It was a rare mistake from him, unfortunately at a crucial point in the game. Yes, Balotelli shouldnt have been on the pitch, but we made several bad decisions and missed a huge chance, and it cost us.

The only ones to blame for losing are ourselves, Im afraid.

Can't see why he won't, Webb didn't take action so it's subject to retrospective action. Depends whether the club persue it or not.

What will it change though? Our business with city is done for this year.

It was disappointing, but it was really close and for the most part I'm happy with how they played.

That being said, Lescott and Balotelli are fucking cunts. :parker:

By the way, thought Kaboul was very good today and I have to say im pleased Harry backed him and Dawson hasn't just walked back in and taken his place.

I fell in love with Spurs all over again today. We showed a lot of class and demonstrated what THFC is all about. I couldn't be more proud of my club.

My wife has no personal connection to Spurs. She only cares about the Tampa Bay Buccanneers in the NFL. I showed her the GIF and asked her impression. She watched it silently and said, "He clearly had his balance and kicked out - then finished it off with a funny little graceful tumble to make it look convincing. Total basketball move." Gotta say...I couldn't agree more.

Kaboul was solid today. I thought I read that Dawson was experiencing some pain from his injury. He also played 3 games in a short period of time after a long layoff. I'm not sure if Kaboul's selection was preferential or just necessary. In either case, he played really well.

White boldly SOB had yet another of his fucking field days enjoying fucking up Spurs. And he delivered.
It wasn’t just a back-kick to Parker’s head. Even worst was a deliberate Lescot’s elbow in their box that knocked out Kaboul. If this was not a send-off and penalty for us, then fuck football and fuck English referees.
As for Defoe’s miss, it is expected as he never runs to the goal line. Instead, he always expects return ball around penalty area. If there was Pav in there we would win the fucking game.

Thelonious said:
Pav would never have kept up

Yup. Paydro I'm sorry just because he didn't quite connect properly doesn't mean it wasn't aggressive and deliberate, maybe we should just agree to disagree. It wasn't the major reason why we lost but I had to say something because I couldn't believe anyone on this thread was actually defending him. Anyways, at the end of the day, the main thing I wanted from this game was us to give them a proper match - whatever the result - to get our confidence high for the upcoming run. We did that, so let's fucking bring it!

EDIT: Also, If any other team's supporters start winding us up we can always point to the fact that our first 11 costs roughly one quarter of City's financial losses for this year.

We cannot let this affect our form or confidence. We gave it a right good go in that second half, considering nobody else in the league had scored more than one goal at their place, let alone come so close to taking all 3 points.

The great teams bounce back from defeats (see Man Utd) so we have to now go on another unbeaten run and keep the momentum we recovered in the second half. When the 2nd went in we could have crumbled and lost by 3 or 4 again, but we didn't do that. The teamhas belief, fight and shit loads of skill when we're on our game.

FCOYS

We won't, I'm absolutely fucking buzzing for Watford now. Can't wait to sing my heart out for the boys, this has given our fans and players a lift and belief that we can beat anyone in this league. 2nd half performance was out of this world, showed we can go toe to toe with the best team in the league. Also, we were missing Sandro and Adebayor. They can bleat about Kompany and Toure but if we had those 2 in our side then fuck knows what would've happened.

I'm on a massive high now, full of belief and immensely proud of Spurs!

COYFS!

Dru said:
I wonder what sort of team Harry will play for Watford.
Livermore will almost certainly start, Sandro might return for that game too. Should be strong enough to get the job done. *touches wood*

Thelonious said:
We won't, I'm absolutely fucking buzzing for Watford now. Can't wait to sing my heart out for the boys, this has given our fans and players a lift and belief that we can beat anyone in this league. 2nd half performance was out of this world, showed we can go toe to toe with the best team in the league. Also, we were missing Sandro and Adebayor. They can bleat about Kompany and Toure but if we had those 2 in our side then fuck knows what would've happened.

I'm on a massive high now, full of belief and immensely proud of Spurs!

COYFS!

Fucking right! We are Tottenham

Back
Top Bottom