Match thread: Manchester Shitty (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it is a few weeks away, but plenty to talk about already

No Toure & Toure, and, as it currently stands, no Kompany.

The games is also just 3 days before City play away at Anfield in the second leg of the League Cup Semi Final.

No Adebayor, and transfer window still open.

Also we could be just 3 points behind Man City - even closer depending on their results.

Discuss

Mancini's confirmed that they will appeal Kompanys sending off . :vdv:

Having their two best CB's out would help us significantly especially considering we're probably going to have to play Defoe up top.

Could be a massive game in the title race, even if not for us. City's squad has been hit a little by suspensions, the ACN and a couple of injuries, we could well win here.

All depends though, City could go out and buy some more and really strengthen the team, then again so could we.

We wont win this cos Ade can't play and it will be painfully obvious how important he is to us

Performance is the most important thing, if we are to lose we at least need to be bloodying their nose. A repeat of the August capitulation will have a bad effect on our season I feel.

YidoBuckler said:
eggsoakley said:
Pav will play and score 2 and be the hero I always wanted in him :(

Goals in the warm-up don't count.

If you think he'll get 2 in the warm up then we obviously have different opinions as to his quality - I joke, of course, he's a reasonable finisher but that's where it ends for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but his touch is no where near good enough, he's weak on the ball, he's slow and while he has a reasonable poachers instinct I don't think his movement is generally good enough i.e. he's a good poacher, but doesn't move intelligently enough to help the team sufficiently

Unless we sort out a new striker I'm dreading this match and really regretting that both occasions we play them this season, we will be under strength in key areas - which is something yids will remember but the rest of the football world will not. The 1-5 was an unacceptable result, of course it was, but it was much less an indication of our situation than the media made out (and continue to refer to).

Back
Top Bottom