Match thread: Manchester Shitty (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

YidoBuckler said:
We cannot let this affect our form or confidence. We gave it a right good go in that second half, considering nobody else in the league had scored more than one goal at their place, let alone come so close to taking all 3 points.

The great teams bounce back from defeats (see Man Utd) so we have to now go on another unbeaten run and keep the momentum we recovered in the second half. When the 2nd went in we could have crumbled and lost by 3 or 4 again, but we didn't do that. The teamhas belief, fight and shit loads of skill when we're on our game.

FCOYS

Exactly this, really. On the last podcast Thelonius was saying something along the lines of it being important to give a good performance, because while you can bounce back from a loss in which you played well, a poor performance can have a more damaging demoralising effect. I think the players will know they ended up giving a very good account of themselves and were unlucky not to win the game. A big FA Cup game at Watford will be just the tonic.

even hansen and dixon agree, 2 reds, now dixons a man city supporting goon and he cant disguise the truth.
having moaned and stuff, credit to city's good players, aguero and silva were immense. i've never seen friedel have to kick so often, they didnt give us a minute to settle, but we still played decent stuff nonetheless. for me, the 2 best teams at the minute.

edit; the bit about dixon i misheard as i couldnt bring myself to watch game and only turned over to watch goons lose.

NO1JIB said:
even hansen and dixon agree, 2 reds, now dixons a man city supporting goon and he cant disguise the truth.

:sandro: could have sworn I just heard him saying he was "getting his balance" and that for him it wasn't a red.....maybe his scum connections give me selective hearing

bensonrecon said:
NO1JIB said:

:sandro: could have sworn I just heard him saying he was "getting his balance" and that for him it wasn't a red.....maybe his scum connections give me selective hearing

sorry, i only caught the end, my mistake, he's the cunt i always knew he was.

NO1JIB said:
bensonrecon said:
NO1JIB said:

sorry, i only caught the end, my mistake, he's the cunt i always knew he was.

lol honestly it's fine although I genuinely started to question whether my hatred of all things scum had clouded my judgment

Honestly speaking, why is it that the BBC don't have a single regular decent pundit on there? Neville & Souness so full of opinions that they can back up as well as SOME knowledge of the game. MotD is shit & has been for years. I honestly think it's better to watch it just for the highlights rather than for any kind of insight.

Just watched it again a couple of times and as soon as he lands the first thing Balotelli does is look at Parker and then look up at the ref. If he just lost balance, why look at the ref?

If it was an accident you would have thought that he would have gone over to parker and checked he was ok - although this is Balotelli so who knows what goes on in his head

waccy said:
VirginiaSpur said:
Breaking News: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ction.html

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli faces four-game ban as Tottenham Hotspur call for FA to take action
Mario Balotelli could be hit with a four-game suspension after Harry Redknapp urged the Football Association to take action against the Manchester City forward for ‘kicking Scott Parker in the head’ during Tottenham’s 3-2 defeat.

I guess we can forget about Man City doing us any favours with any potential signing of Adebayor in future then.

It'll have nothing to do with them, his wages will be the problem.

eggsoakley said:
I play in the same sunday league team as his son. Doesn't run in the family.

well maybe you should stamp on his son's head in the next game you play against him, and cite 'unbalance' as your reason for doing so... the only thing Mario Ballotelli has that is unbalanced is his fucking mind!

...besides, if that doesn't work, just say you were following Mario's & Man City's wonderful example as to how to win a football match... I hope kids up and down the country are doing that to each other right now! THEN we'll see what a disgusting influence SOME modern day football has on the future of this CUNTry!

What a proud history they're laying down for themselves now...
Man City; stamping, elbowing and buying their way to the title since 2011!

i loved it when harry was asked what Scott told him about the challange and he replied "he told me he kicked him in the head"

Ask a silly question...

24j.gif

1417a86.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

It just makes it worse... the pain I felt from yesterday has doubled in size this morning with the realisation it REALLY happened, and they REALLY got away with it, and there really is fuck all we can do about it!

Yesterday from about the 60th minute on was like some weird bizarre dream.... (fade to dream sequence)

I dreamt we were 0-2 down at Man City, they're fans were so busy gloating and doing the fucking Poznan they missed our two quickfire goals... then Balotelli eye-raped Parker and got away with it, Defoe turned into Euro '96 Gazza briefly - whilst facially BECOMING Ricardo Fuller as he slid into the post... honestly, look at the replay, it's as uncanny as it is eerie! Balotelli, who was somehow still allowed to play football did what all cheating dirty unhinged crazy winners do, and score the fucking penalty from ledley's one and only mistake this Millennia... and end up having to watch Lee Dixon try to justify it all in his own head!
Then I woke up ...so, what time's kick-off??

Fuck I hate football sometimes!

After a nights sleep I still feel gutted and depressed. Seriously can't remember the last time i've felt like this after a football match. I just hope the players can pick themselves up, coz we've got some big games coming up.

Oh man, that was tough. It would have been easier to take if we'd just given up at 2-0, but to fight back so magnificently, have them under the cosh, come so so close to the winner, only for King of all people to concede a last minute penalty, aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh! And just to rub our noses in it, the guy who won and scored the penalty should not have been on the pitch. We can only assume that Webb missed the stamp and he'll get retrospective punishment from the FA panel, because if Webb saw it and decided not to punish Balotelli then he's not fit to referee at this level.

We are so so close, it's tantalising, lads have to pick themselves up again now for a really really tough month ahead. At worst we mustn't let 3rd slip away, COYS!!!

The funny thing is i've just started reading Vertigo and the first few chapters he talks a lot about Spurs doing things the hard way or letting you down a lot or getting shafted by bad luck.

Its resonating.

is there a way, drugs or psychoanalysis that i can stop seeing, in my fucking mind, defoe burying that chance. i know it went wide, but i cant seem to accept it ?

Unfortunately not... but there IS a way to wish a curse upon Balotelli's eyes every time the grinning remedial buffoon gurns his retarded grin on the incessant tv replays of that fucking incident!

I know it's not 'politically correct' to wish ill on a kid from a broken home... but then there are thousands of such kids, and most do not pull in £200,000+ a week to stamp on another fellow human being's head!

I wish the cunt as much pain and suffering as is humanly possible... THEN maybe he'll see what how his disgusting cuntish actions can rebound on him.

Karma on his fucking warped evil soul!

Back
Top Bottom