Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst I acknowledge we were outplayed for periods of the game and they move the ball far more quickly than we do, we were still in the game and in my opinion we were the stronger team for the first 20 minutes of the second half. I don't condone cheating but if Harry Winks had gone down (like they did for their penalty) the game would have been 2-1 with 10 minutes to play - that would have been a whole different game and maybe we could have come away with something.......it's those maybe's and what if's that really frustrate.

It could (a) be someone from City's lot, (b) be someone from United's lot, (c) be someone from our lot or (d) be nothing to do with football.

(a) is extremely unlikely, (b) not impossible but not very likely so best hope its (d)
Seems very unlikely to be us. Why would one of our travelling lot go alone to City's training ground before training just to have a pop at Sterling, who has never really done much to us?

Seems personal to me. Although the world is full of nutters so who knows?

Seems very unlikely to be us. Why would one of our travelling lot go alone to City's training ground before training just to have a pop at Sterling, who has never really done much to us?

If you think about his personal life there are probably dozens of candidates from all over the Northwest.

Is "Etihad Campus" their training ground then? I didn't register that bit, just saw Etihad and assumed it was as the players were arriving at the stadium

Is "Etihad Campus" their training ground then? I didn't register that bit, just saw Etihad and assumed it was as the players were arriving at the stadium
Never been up there since they left Maine Road, but don't City occupy about half of Manchester now? That is what people mean when they go on about what the owners have done for the place.

To be fair, they're all in different continents, and are teams that, to be honest, won't be supplying City with any players anytime soon. To add a bit of balance ENIC had major stakes in 6 European teams at one stage.
It's not so much about producing players, not yet anyway, the greatest advantage they will have is using the other clubs to trade players and help evade FFP. e.g They could sell a player registered to the Manchester franchise who's market value could be £5m to New York franchise for £100m, therefore boosting the clubs revenue stream, obviously the reverse of this can be achieved if in fact they do have the next Messi in Spanish franchise they could buy him for £5m instead of £100m.

I suspect the academy will, at least for the foreseeable future, will do what Chelsea have done for years and hoard players to keep them out of the market place for their competitors.

All the players arrive at the campus before a game, they have their own rooms their (similar to what we are building at Hotspur Way) and all the pre-match prep is done from there, they then travel the 500m to the stadium by coach to sound of their adoring tunnel club members who have been asked by the club to clap with their free hand with the person next to them if they are taking selfies).

I am not sold on MC dominating for years. We may never have the money to compete but Chelsea & MU have. It is a combination of many other things that will be needed to keep them at the top including Motivation of the players. It is difficult to see them slipping out of the top 4 whilst they keep the basis of this team and the same Manager but that does not mean they will win all. Someone will beat them and it would not surprise me if it is Leicester in Mid week. Teams have dominated in the past but things go wrong. The so called woolwich invincibles went all season without a defeat but did not win the league the next season.
As to us we can beat them but need everything to go for us. We need all our key players fit and a clear week before the match. It would have been better had we played them next Saturday with a clear week's rest & Sanchez back although with MC in present form difficult to see us winning without Wanyama & Alderweireld.

Hmmm I thought you agreed with the lot who were saying spending big on a player is no more likely to bring success than spending less.
But fair enough if you think spending big is more likely to bring success. On that I do agree.

In the predictions for the season you tipped us to win the title. How would that work if it's easy for teams like city to buy the title?
Were you expecting city to spend unwisely despite it being so easy?
Or did you think they would spend wisely but we would still out perform them?
What the fuck does half of that even mean?
Are you angling for a festive cunt off?
As a fan of the club that finished second, I hoped we would go one better. That’s what being a fan is, for me at least. Before a ball has been kicked, don’t we all start with unbridled enthusiasm? With Wembley being our “home” I think even the most optimistic Spurs fan knew deep down that this year was an uphill struggle to better or even maintain last year’s league position. But why not dream? Teams like City have the luxury of spending a fortune on players we would consider risks at a fraction of the asking price.
If I have twenty darts to your one, I stand a better chance of hitting the bullseye.

What the fuck does half of that even mean?
Are you angling for a festive cunt off?
As a fan of the club that finished second, I hoped we would go one better. That’s what being a fan is, for me at least. Before a ball has been kicked, don’t we all start with unbridled enthusiasm? With Wembley being our “home” I think even the most optimistic Spurs fan knew deep down that this year was an uphill struggle to better or even maintain last year’s league position. But why not dream? Teams like City have the luxury of spending a fortune on players we would consider risks at a fraction of the asking price.
If I have twenty darts to your one, I stand a better chance of hitting the bullseye.
Absolutely revels in this club failing. Spends his time entirely predicting us to fail and when we do is like a pig in shit crowing about it.

Absolutely revels in this club failing. Spends his time entirely predicting us to fail and when we do is like a pig in shit crowing about it.
I’m not getting involved in a cunt off with the bloke. Genuinely can’t be arsed.
I just find it a very odd way of supporting a club.
Each to their own I guess. I’m just glad that I never have to watch a game with him. I couldn’t stand seeing a fellow fan in tears of sadness if we won.

All this may sound bonkers but in my life time it will happen...
City and Chelsea are being spoilt with rich owners that spend flippantly, spend regardless of lose. There is no risk in this strategy because money isn't a problem. People need to see the bigger picture here and stop criticising supporters who question the wrong, in very rich owners owning football clubs. Its ruining football as we know it.

They are openly buying success, only to establish themselves as super clubs, for the making of a super league.
The CL is the foundation for a super league. I feel this is closer than ever before. The financial clout of these clubs will create an upper tier that lesser clubs can only envy. THFC will need to become as City and Chelsea to compete-thats the reality of modern football whether we like it or not.
Its not an argument to suggest we would be accepting of a billionaire taking over so shouldn't moan about City.
City and Chelsea are pissing on the rest of us and soon from a great hight.

Back
Top Bottom