Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey Beeks, calling us out for casual racism eh?

How’s the acting career coming along? A face for radio you ugly prick
Russ Beeks is an Actor, Extra and Musician based in Wigan, United Kingdom.

Oh and shame your wife left you, gives you plenty of time to worry about your beloved city to make up for fact your life is shit

Don’t hunt what you can’t kill mate

Bye!

It is casually racist to oppose a person who props ups an evil system...Well I never. (Edit, I am NOT talking about Khan btw)

Live in your fairytale City. I know it makes it easier to live with yourselves.

Amnesty and Human Rights Watch to team up in Man City owner campaign

What ‘proper’ fans are they then Billy?

You’re talking utter shit

You know I came on this forum months ago as an experiment to see things from opposing teams perspective..but all I’ve found is bitterness and casual racism..you lot are fucking horrible and I’m so glad we smashed you into the ground yesterday

You’re now closer to the bottom of the league than the top..and all us ‘arab oil cunts’ are laughing in your faces

You’ll always be in the shadow of Woolwich and Chelsea..a nothing Club with horrible support..having browsed away forums quite often you have to be the most bitter fans I’ve ever had the misfortune to see..it’s pathetic..you’re pathetic..I just hope we get you in the CL so we can smash you again on a world stage

Cheerio you fucking losers
City might be in League One or Two if UAE hadn’t bought them, but a team that’s been relegated once in 68 years is somehow a nothing club? City still have less major trophies than Spurs, you daft idiot.

At least United, Woolwich and Liverpool have some history and earned the majority of their silverware. City (and Chelsea) fans that lack a modicum of self awareness are a special kind of stupid.

I remember when we got outplayed by them over in the states during the summer. Those of us who voiced our concerns were told to shut the fuck up as it was only a friendly.
Well, yesterdays match was no friendly.

I was at the game, and though pre-season the gulf in class was there for all to see. Like it or not we they are streets ahead of us or any other team in the PL.

Naive at times. For all his great saves, Lloris is still fucking shit with his distribution.
Trippier was truly owned at all times tonight, chasing shadows. Alli was rubbish & desrved a red card for that abomination of a tackle on de Bruyne. Well and truly beaten by a far superior side. But if some fucker gave me the pick of the worlds best players with an open cheque book, I could win the league. It’s a farce. Not a competition. Just who has the biggest budget. And we aren’t in that league, thank fuck. No soul in their club. None at all. And before anyone gets all anti board, unless we sold our soul as a club, then the oil billions will always win. Lewis could spend his whole life savings & we still couldn’t compete with the oil slavery families. Fuck it. Football is finished as a competitive sport.
Come off it bolton. All summer you were saying how hard it is to sign good players.
Now you & others are saying how easy it is.
& from what I gathered you don't want us to spend a lot on a good signing even if we were willing too.

Come off it bolton. All summer you were saying how hard it is to sign good players.
It is Scotty old boy. Unless you can just pull out a bigger wad of cash than any of your “rivals”.
Identifying real class isn’t hard. Having the funds to tempt the player, his agent & the selling club is the difficult part. For most clubs, it’s identifying a talent & getting a deal across the line without having the rug pulled from under you. That is what makes signing quality more difficult for some clubs.

Lots of revisionism on here today after this loss. It’s always gutting to lose and to lose to that money injected jumped up lot with their ‘new’ fans is annoying.
A lot of what happened yesterday was self inflicted unnecessary mistakes led to goals or situations what created goals. We missed Sanchez him getting sent off when he did and missing 3 games didn’t help, City at the moment are destroying all comers I still believe with our best 11 we could handle them, yesterday wasn’t that. I strongly think Rose’s presence is disruptive Ben Davies has retreated into his shell, some have forgotten how much he flourished when he had the position all to himself. Aurier as excellent as he is, for time being will be prone to that instance of rashness this I’m sure Poch took into consideration.
No matter the outcome of any post-mortem this one is gone we will only learn and I trust my manager to do just that.

Last edited:
I know it was only a friendly on the pre-season but i watched us get pretty much what we got today from Citeh when the teams met in the U.S.

We can't hold teams that play up and close to us, and have pace. That may be alright for Poch, and the way that he wants to play but at our very best we are still short of the quality that the so called "top four" have.

When you look at Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh they move the ball quickly (as we did under Redknapp) press high and work hard off the ball, (something that we have deserted).

I dread to think what will happen if we lose next week, but Poch has to change tactics, attitudes and players i think, or we are finished as a serious threat this season.

Ever since that match in Nashville I've had a sinking feeling about this season. Probably why the only thing that's really excited me much has been our Champion's League form. City looked absolutely unstoppable in August when they weren't playing for a thing. They looked even better yesterday.

I know it was only a friendly on the pre-season but i watched us get pretty much what we got today from Citeh when the teams met in the U.S.

We can't hold teams that play up and close to us, and have pace. That may be alright for Poch, and the way that he wants to play but at our very best we are still short of the quality that the so called "top four" have.

When you look at Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh they move the ball quickly (as we did under Redknapp) press high and work hard off the ball, (something that we have deserted).

I dread to think what will happen if we lose next week, but Poch has to change tactics, attitudes and players i think, or we are finished as a serious threat this season.
Move the ball quickly you say.
This.

We don't move the ball quickly. Almost all out passing are slow and loose.

I have been thinking about this the last few games. The ball moves to slowly.

This is a definitive an area of improvement that would improve the team.

The players can't cope with the press because the take to long preparing the next pass. Then the pass also isn't hard enough so the receiver is already under pressure when he receives the ball.

I think this is one of the reasons we have problems scoring against bus parkers. We give them time to defend.

It's not the way we play offence that have us winning games. It's the individual greatness from some of the players.

It is casually racist to oppose a person who props ups an evil system...Well I never. (Edit, I am NOT talking about Khan btw)

Live in your fairytale City. I know it makes it easier to live with yourselves.

Amnesty and Human Rights Watch to team up in Man City owner campaign
What an eye opener that is.

The Amnesty International Society at the University of Manchester is teaming up with Human Rights Watch in a campaign targeting the owner of Manchester City Football Club.

The student society were contacted by Human Rights Watch to get involved in a campaign to draw attention to United Arab Emirates human rights abuses.

It is directed at the deputy prime minister of U.A.E., City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan.

“We are mainly concerned with a recent spate of enforced disappearances, arrests without charge, and torture allegations that have emerged,” said co-chair of the Amnesty society Philippa Hughes.

The quotes from Citeh fans just say it all. I had to double take to make sure this wasn't a piss take, but sadly no;

For Man City fan Cameron Cloonies-Ross Sheikh Mansour’s wealth is the most important point and accusations of human rights abuses are not an issue.

“I like the owner because he’s got loads of money,” said the second-year Economics student. “If what’s going on has got nothing to do with the football it shouldn’t really matter for fans.”

Fan David Butler, third year English student said, “Obviously you can’t ignore the human rights issues and if he is responsible he should face some consequence, but at the same time it’s still good football and you cant ignore the amount of money he’s poured into home-grown football talent.”

:eriksenserious::pochrolleyes::pochfacepalm:

This is why we shouldn't feel to bad about yesterday. Just as in life, you do your best to do the right thing. Sometimes you lose all the same. But that is still so much better than winning and having no pride, no principles.

Last edited:
What an eye opener that is.

The Amnesty International Society at the University of Manchester is teaming up with Human Rights Watch in a campaign targeting the owner of Manchester City Football Club.

The student society were contacted by Human Rights Watch to get involved in a campaign to draw attention to United Arab Emirates human rights abuses.

It is directed at the deputy prime minister of U.A.E., City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan.

“We are mainly concerned with a recent spate of enforced disappearances, arrests without charge, and torture allegations that have emerged,” said co-chair of the Amnesty society Philippa Hughes.

The quotes from Citeh fans just say it all. I had to double take to make sure this wasn't a piss take, but sadly no;

For Man City fan Cameron Cloonies-Ross Sheikh Mansour’s wealth is the most important point and accusations of human rights abuses are not an issue.

“I like the owner because he’s got loads of money,” said the second-year Economics student. “If what’s going on has got nothing to do with the football it shouldn’t really matter for fans.”

Fan David Butler, third year English student said, “Obviously you can’t ignore the human rights issues and if he is responsible he should face some consequence, but at the same time it’s still good football and you cant ignore the amount of money he’s poured into home-grown football talent.”

:eriksenserious::pochrolleyes::pochfacepalm:

This is why we shouldn't feel to bad about yesterday. Just as in life, you do your best to do the right thing. Sometimes you lose all the same. But that is still so much better than winning and having no pride, no principles.
The "home-grown talent" bit is just crazy...City Football Group is buying teams all over the world in an attempt to hoard top youth players, train them in accordance with whatever Man City is doing, and then sign them with Man City or sell them.

-New York City FC (USA)
-Melbourne City FC (Australia)
-Girona (Spain)
-Yokohama (Japan)
-Atletico Torque (Uruguay)

All under one owner. And they're planning on expanding more, their CEO has talked about negotiations with clubs in West Africa and China. No matter where talented players come from, Abu Dhabi will be there to sign them and train them at their Etihad Academies and Etihad Stadiums. Then they'll ship them off to whatever branch of City Football Group makes them the most profit. Today it's Manchester City. 20 years down the line, it might be New York City or Shanghai City.

It's possible to spend buckets of cash and create a shit team. It's impossible to create a team that play like the current City side without spending buckets of cash. Simples£££££

Omg it just dawned on me
The Harry Kane team
Why Pep calling it was a big deal and irritated Poch that much
Spurs can beat City
But Harry Kane team cant beat Gurdiolas City

Back
Top Bottom