Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching again on motd.

Up to and including the first goal, they were by far better, but then we came into it. Couple of longer distance chances for Kane that could’ve been goals on another day.

Then Kane loses the ball in their half and seconds later, we are two down. They add another with the game over, which was offside. And then Dier makes another cock up at the end. Individual errors.

I honestly don’t think we were that bad. Certainly not 4-1 bad. Certainly not too much to worry about with our injuries and against an unstoppable team.

Let’s panic a bit if Burnley batter us, but not yet.

ukraine3.gif

Have no recollection of what I specifically said to you. Throw me a quote and I'll consider...

In the meantime just enjoy your gloating.
I don’t like being right.
After they whipped Liverpool I merely made an off the cuff remark about not wanting to play them in this form.

You took umbrage... well we played well for about an hour today and still got torn a part. This team will add Sanchez in the summer. No one in England can keep up with them atm I feel.

Manner of the loss? I’m going to guess you follow enough football to be aware City have been ripping most teams apart this year?

We got beaten by a better football team and made a few individual mistakes. Much as I expected tbh.

In context the Carabou cup loss was more disappointing in terms of the manner of the game.

I thought we would lose, yes but some of our play was woeful. Alli and diers performances I just can't shrug off as "city init".

I don’t like being right.
After they whipped Liverpool I merely made an off the cuff remark about not wanting to play them in this form.

You took umbrage... well we played well for about an hour today and still got torn a part. This team will add Sanchez in the summer. No one in England can keep up with them atm I feel.

I still fancy our chances with a full strength defensive set up.

...As for the rest and the 3 1/2 months you've been waiting to play that card back at me? ....WOW! ....Aren't you being a tad 'precious'?

(However, if you were genuinely upset by my originally questioning your belief in our team then please accept a genuine apology.)

Last edited:
Watching again on motd.

Up to and including the first goal, they were by far better, but then we came into it. Couple of longer distance chances for Kane that could’ve been goals on another day.

Then Kane loses the ball in their half and seconds later, we are two down. They add another with the game over, which was offside. And then Dier makes another cock up at the end. Individual errors.

I honestly don’t think we were that bad. Certainly not 4-1 bad. Certainly not too much to worry about with our injuries and against an unstoppable team.

Nice one. That sums it up.

No point overanalysing. We just got beaten by a far superior side. Just like every other team that's played them no matter what you do you can't stop them. Move on.

I know it was only a friendly on the pre-season but i watched us get pretty much what we got today from Citeh when the teams met in the U.S.

We can't hold teams that play up and close to us, and have pace. That may be alright for Poch, and the way that he wants to play but at our very best we are still short of the quality that the so called "top four" have.

When you look at Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh they move the ball quickly (as we did under Redknapp) press high and work hard off the ball, (something that we have deserted).

I dread to think what will happen if we lose next week, but Poch has to change tactics, attitudes and players i think, or we are finished as a serious threat this season.

Sterling missed basically two open goals. 6-1 would have been truly humiliating. We need to just forgot about this team, fantastic manager backed with limitless money. Hopefully get closer to them when we aren't homeless and have more revenue, but they are in a league of their own this season

These cunts have truly bought the league.
I’m starting to cease to care.
When Man Utd bought berbetov - at least you could say, damn their revenue justifies it.
Man city. Does anyone remember financial fair play?
I’m very close to giving up the game altegother - and I’m now hoping sky pulls the money. That way, we go back to a tribal who gets the most through the doors success rate. Angry. Very angry. But more at the state of the game.
And I tell you - there will be many doing what Kyle walker did last summer

For most of us, our weekend has been fucked over.

What did you expect mate, dancing in the streets?

Not at all no, just hard to read especially when its against a team with unlimited funds and we are missing key players.

Victor, Toby and Sanchez would have made it a different game entirely but when that much money clicks, as they have. What can you do?

Sane was busting a gut to get back and win the ball in his own box for example. Pep has created a monster.

These cunts have truly bought the league.
I’m starting to cease to care.
When Man Utd bought berbetov - at least you could say, damn their revenue justifies it.
Man city. Does anyone remember financial fair play?
I’m very close to giving up the game altegother - and I’m now hoping sky pulls the money. That way, we go back to a tribal who gets the most through the doors success rate. Angry. Very angry. But more at the state of the game.
And I tell you - there will be many doing what Kyle walker did last summer
Agree up to the last paragraph. There are only a few truly elite (ie rich) teams floating around. A breakaway league is coming because otherwise it’s going to get boring. This City team can & should win every game & every domestic trophy going for the next 5 years as they stand as a squad.
I don’t think we will lose players as you fear.
We have been the second best team in England for 2 seasons. (I ignore the Newcastle game that landed us 3rd)
There aren’t many better clubs in Europe. And those that are better already have the players they need to be better. :mong:

Watching again on motd.

Agree with this but I thought we were the better side (just) until the first goal. They were struggling with our press in the first 10 mins and we won the majority of the 2nd ball, not all as it was very competitive, with both sides losing the ball after wining it back but felt we edged this battle. But after the first goal the pendulum swing towards them as we lost the midfield with Dembele and Winks chasing shadows and being muscled out the game.

Fortunate to go in at half time only 1-0 down. Started the 2nd half very well but slowly that pendulum swung there way until it got a bit silly.

But no major issue from me, it’s clear where we lost the game and the solution to remedy this is in Sanchez return, meaning we can push Dier in to midfield to provide proper DM cover, fingers crossed Wanyama is back soon and the likes of Rose and Lamela’s fitness is getting better with their accumulated mins (although Lamela playing or not didn’t/wouldn’t have changed the result today).

This City team can & should win every game & every domestic trophy going for the next 5 years as they stand as a squad.
I honestly don't think that will happen. They have crazy momentum this year, but we've seen City win the league and fail to impress the following season before. Twice in the last few years, in fact.

I genuinely think our loss today was down to a combination of our frailties and their pomp. I saw our defending against Dortmund and Real with my eyes, and today wasn't a patch on it. We were shite today, and that wasn't simply down to 'City's brilliance'.

Sorry for the rant. This season (domestically) is fucking lame. I'm sick of being told how far off the leaders we are when their record is better than mine when playing FIFA on easy mode. Sometimes a team goes on a run you can't legislate for that leaves your own team impotent regarding the title (Chelsea's 13 game run last season was just short enough to leave us with a chance that kept us hanging on).

This season is going to be fucking boring, and won't live on as a classic, because it's already done. Stat freaks might get off on whatever City's points total ends up being, but I couldn't give a fig what the cash-injected twats do.

Other than the first goal which came from a corner, all 3 city goals were set up by a 1 touch last pass/assist.

That is the biggest difference. They make the pass immediately when they see an open vs us not passing as soon as one sees an open team mate.

He's a better CB than DM IMO, (especially in a Three at the back) the last 5 or 6 games he's been one of our best payers. He also is absolutely vital in games when we switch between 3 and 4 as it allows us to do this in game and without the need to substitute. This is often decided by the players on the pitch when to do this, assume he has a part to play in that decision, he's a smart footballer.

The only thing he does that gets on my tits is he always has one lazy pass that will go straight to the oppo at least once in a game, I say lazy in that the error comes when his not under pressure, it's always when he's loads of time.

Agreed but it's more then once in a game at the mo which is unusual as he never had that in his game until the Woolwich game...

Back
Top Bottom