Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it was a shocker. No eyes on the ball just the man. Dele knew exactly what he was doing there. Very poor, dangerous act. I’m glad KDB has said what he has. Top gesture there.
Kane’s was a horror tackle as well but he was at least looking at the ball.
If every team did that to them they wouldn’t have won 15 in a row. The more of it the better. If they are going to cheat in the transfer market, cheating on the pitch is the rest of the leagues only chance to fight back

Whole team played like shit. Only player I'd give a 6 is maybe Lloris. Trips was bad all around, the MF was bad and the front 4 were either ghosts or were poor with their touch/shots. I thought Rose was mostly good, but his decision making with the ball was dreadful. The play where he could have laid it off to a very open Eriksen instead of taking a shot was so frustrating. Passing all around was pretty horrid.

Couldn't see what happend from the away end, looked similar to the Sanchez one at Watford....Just we don't get those
It was far worse than Sanchez (which I thought was a red in today’s soft game). Otomendi kicked Kane in the face, with his foot 6ft in the air, Kane was in front of him too, so there is no argument for him being blindsided. Don’t mind the media going with highlighting Kane and Dele tackles but I do when they omit mentioning the kick to Kane’s face.

City are the most in form team in Europe there is no shame losing to them.

What pisses me off the most is the manner in which we lost the game. We were cowards on and off the ball, lacked any desire to compete and the most disappointing thing is, even Woolwich and teams like Southamptons, Bournemouth and Huddersfield put up a much better fight against them this season.

The only positives to take out of that game is the reminder how far behind are we from winning the league and what needs to be done in the training and the coming transfer window.

What pisses me off the most is the manner in which we lost the game. We were cowards on and off the ball, lacked any desire to compete and the most disappointing thing is, even Woolwich and teams like Southamptons, Bournemouth and Huddersfield put up a much better fight against them this season.

The only positives to take out of that game is, how far behind are we from winning the league and what needs to be done in the training and the coming transfer window.
I thought the opposite. We decided to go toe-to-toe with them, but they were just better.
We would probably have had more chance of a point with a sit deep and break strategy, but I admired the ambition.

A bit like we used to do with United when Fergie was there. When we tried to out-United them we usually conceded 5.

The only positives to take out of that game is, how far behind are we from winning the league and what needs to be done in the training and the coming transfer window.
Id agree with that. Apart from Danny Rose. He was no coward.
He was a lion in there last night. Showed the passion and desire that seemed so lacking throughout the rest of the team

Last edited:
2 fucking games you've mentioned, is that it? So City have to blow teams away in every single game?
We 'scrapped' past West Ham...a team that have just got results against Chelsea and Woolwich.
Why wouldn't you see the game out against Utd knowing you'll be 11 points ahead if you do? You make out like it was a struggle...we dominated the game.

And anyway, all I said was why would any top class manager need to prove themselves at Brighton, never said anything about 'amazing football' you daft cunt.

3 things that are unavoidable in life -
1- Death
2- Taxes
3- stupid cunts such as yourself supporting city after 2008

Last edited:
I thought the opposite. We decided to go toe-to-toe with them, but they were just better.
We would probably have had more chance of a point with a sit deep and break strategy, but I admired the ambition.

A bit like we used to do with United when Fergie was there. When we tried to out-United them we usually conceded 5.
Not really, Lloris, Trippier and Winks were shitting on their pants every time they had ball on their feet, Dier had an obligatory brainfart, Dele looked half arsed as usual and was only visible when he was commiting fouls, Dembele was physically and mentally slower and Son was way out of his depth.

Yesterday was the biggest reality check over the last 18 months.

Whole team played like shit. Only player I'd give a 6 is maybe Lloris. Trips was bad all around, the MF was bad and the front 4 were either ghosts or were poor with their touch/shots. I thought Rose was mostly good, but his decision making with the ball was dreadful. The play where he could have laid it off to a very open Eriksen instead of taking a shot was so frustrating. Passing all around was pretty horrid.

What set the tone was his hopelessly misplaced cross to an unmarked Kane early on, most of what we tried from then on followed the same inaccurate path. Decision making and execution was poor throughout the team.

Thinking about the game yesterday one thing that really stood out was how we didn’t defend from the front well enough.

Yes Dembele and Winks didn’t have their best games but neither are DM’s which unbalanced us and Eriksen, Dele, Son and Kane never really gave our midfield or defence a break.

I felt in this type of game we have to play deeper with 3 in the middle, I would also have preferred Lamela and Aurier on early. Particularly Lamela who is good on the ball and can defend from the front.

I don’t want to get to bogged down into the whole Dele thing but something really isn’t right with him and Son and Eriksen really aren’t the best on the back foot.

Hopefully at Wembley we will play more suitable tactics.

Back
Top Bottom