Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These cunts have truly bought the league.
I’m starting to cease to care.
When Man Utd bought berbetov - at least you could say, damn their revenue justifies it.
Man city. Does anyone remember financial fair play?
I’m very close to giving up the game altegother - and I’m now hoping sky pulls the money. That way, we go back to a tribal who gets the most through the doors success rate. Angry. Very angry. But more at the state of the game.
And I tell you - there will be many doing what Kyle walker did last summer

While I agree having loads of money make things abit easier but two seasons ago, Leicester proved that determination, desire and hard work of a team can make a big difference. Even though they are certainly a one off, we are a better team (richer and having better players) than them. If they can do it just once, why can't we?

While I agree having loads of money make things abit easier but two seasons ago, Leicester proved that determination, desire and hard work of a team can make a big difference. Even though they are certainly a one off, we are a better team (richer and having better players) than them. If they can do it just once, why can't we?
They won it with 81pts. That wouldn’t be enough this year and would’ve got you 3rd last season. I’m optimistic though. If we can keep Poch for 3 more seasons and get 81pts in all those seasons we should win it once. Probably win two or three other trophies as well. Really have to keep Poch though

Last edited:
76th minute was way to late for sub. Poch should've pulled the trigger way earlier. Granted it probably wouldn't have made a difference. Rough game. City looks damn good

Agree with this but I thought we were the better side (just) until the first goal. They were struggling with our press in the first 10 mins and we won the majority of the 2nd ball, not all as it was very competitive, with both sides losing the ball after wining it back but felt we edged this battle. But after the first goal the pendulum swing towards them as we lost the midfield with Dembele and Winks chasing shadows and being muscled out the game.

Fortunate to go in at half time only 1-0 down. Started the 2nd half very well but slowly that pendulum swung there way until it got a bit silly.

But no major issue from me, it’s clear where we lost the game and the solution to remedy this is in Sanchez return, meaning we can push Dier in to midfield to provide proper DM cover, fingers crossed Wanyama is back soon and the likes of Rose and Lamela’s fitness is getting better with their accumulated mins (although Lamela playing or not didn’t/wouldn’t have changed the result today).

Agreed with you both on most having watched it back with what I saw in the stadium, they did run a lot but we definitely needed a DM the odds and sods type not just a holding player. Sanchez returning is a big plus and I'd just focus efforts on Davies as LB, it's less disruptive. When Rose was out he grew into that role and we operated with more intelligence than what I witnessed today.
In the post match interview when Poch said there's 'not much to assess' I thought our dear leader was punch drunk. Having time to observe with most of the emotion drained I see what he means. Still wish we didn't make those silly errors,
Dier is good but not excellent at CB, Tripps needs proper cover (or space) in front of him as if, imo, he's more thoughtful than instinctive. Injury has ravaged Dembele he's not that monster he was 16 monrhs ago. Alli needs to have his free role but without a DM we can't afford to do that. Onwards COYS!!

Last edited:
On my way to a conference so I had time to articulate what I think went wrong.
Our CM partnership should be composed of an axe and a sling. An axe e.g. Wanyama and dier, and a sling (a player to move the ball forward once the axe gains possession). Like Dembele and Winks.

Partnering possession players makes our midfield too static

City playing the amazing football that's sees them scrapping past West Ham? Keeping the ball in the corner flag for the last 10 minutes being 2-1 up at untied with 2 goals handed to them by lukaka fuck ups?
Yeah such amaxing football they play! Get a grip you cunt! :dembelefingers:

2 fucking games you've mentioned, is that it? So City have to blow teams away in every single game?
We 'scrapped' past West Ham...a team that have just got results against Chelsea and Woolwich.
Why wouldn't you see the game out against Utd knowing you'll be 11 points ahead if you do? You make out like it was a struggle...we dominated the game.

And anyway, all I said was why would any top class manager need to prove themselves at Brighton, never said anything about 'amazing football' you daft cunt.

Cobblers, he's only ever managed rich clubs.. As I said, judge him if he manages a club without unlimited funds.

A genius manager brings through young talent and makes a team out of nothing. Guardiola has only ever bought every player he wanted.
And you think anybody could come in and do what he's done at City? This wasn't the first summer they've been spending you know

I've read some of the comments on here, and its as if Poches tactics were ok, but god passing the ball at the back when they are pressurising you is nuts,
at what point in training do the centre half practice hitting long balls to a certain spot in the other half of the pitch (Leicester did it and won the league)
when does Hugo practice kicking it long, he has never been able to kick the ball where he wants it, so why does he not practice practice practice when he goes into training
that is what coaching is about, working out players weaknesses, not just getting them fit, any fool with time can run the players to fitness,
I don't expect us to get anything there, and keeping 2 players high up the pitch is something I think we should be doing in most games, but surely that then means we practice hitting long balls to certain areas so the attackers know roughly where the ball is going to be hit,

I've read some of the comments on here, and its as if Poches tactics were ok, but god passing the ball at the back when they are pressurising you is nuts,
at what point in training do the centre half practice hitting long balls to a certain spot in the other half of the pitch (Leicester did it and won the league)
when does Hugo practice kicking it long, he has never been able to kick the ball where he wants it, so why does he not practice practice practice when he goes into training
that is what coaching is about, working out players weaknesses, not just getting them fit, any fool with time can run the players to fitness,
I don't expect us to get anything there, and keeping 2 players high up the pitch is something I think we should be doing in most games, but surely that then means we practice hitting long balls to certain areas so the attackers know roughly where the ball is going to be hit,
We played out from the back very well, don’t understand why our fans get so nervous when we do it. Most of our best moments come from beating their press, which we did a fair bit. The ultimate test of your defence comes when being pressed by arguably the best team at doing it, because of this it’s never going to come off 100% of the time, it didn’t work for them 100% of the time too, on many occasion they went long and conceded back possession.

I do agree that the weakest link in this is Lloris, Ederson is like a silky midfielder and his ability to pick out a pass is impressive. But Lloris’s distribution, especially when going long, has allways been his weakness and is why he’s a notch down from the best in the World.

What a load of shit. Lloris is almost 31 and must have had almost 20 managers by now, you think not one of them has ever worked on his long balls.
:llorishuh:
We finished on 86pts last season. This season we’ve turned over Real Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool But you think Poch doesn’t know how to play against big teams. We should get big Sam in and just whack it long. Thank fuck no one will ever let you near our coaching team

City would be in the same position they are now without the oil money! Players join Man City for the prestige, it's nothing to do with the far superior wages. They'd play for free if they had to!

Yes professional footballers would play there for free. Of course they would.

Do you still believe Father Christmas is real btw?
I knew someone would bite!
I'm surprised anyone hasn't hit 'disagree' yet!
Honestly, a defeat sure does block the 'humour filter' sometimes!:pochrolleyes:!
:pochfacepalm:

3 points lost-lets move on beat Burnley (who are flying at the moment) and get back on track.

Dare I say it...We have become Woolwich so look forward to our form picking up in March once we are knocked out the CL.

What a load of shit. Lloris is almost 31 and must have had almost 20 managers by now, you think not one of them has ever worked on his long balls.
:llorishuh:
We finished on 86pts last season. This season we’ve turned over Real Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool But you think Poch doesn’t know how to play against big teams. We should get big Sam in and just whack it long. Thank fuck no one will ever let you near our coaching team
don't you understand tactics, you can't play the same way all the time, you have to mix it up,

I don't know how many managers hugo's had, all I can say is his kicking is no better now than it was when he joined us, does that not tell you something
I expect him to be the best kicker in the league, but I expect his kicks to get roughly to where he is kicking for

The thing is that there are a couple of City players that are world class and make a real difference (namely De Bruyne and David Silva). These are not players that cost mega money. Silva cost £26m and De Bruyne £55m.

When? Without bothering to google I'd day those transfers were 7 and 4 years ago, when we were hardly paying over 15 million.
The team is built on the money but they are also excellently drilled.

I thought Dembele, Dier and Trippier all had very poor games yesterday and we gave away a shit goal from a corner- we didn't give ourselves a chance.

Fair play for KDB on this and he is spot on too. Yet again the media and Twitter going mental on Dele, I thought Kanes’s challenge was far worse.

I think it was a shocker. No eyes on the ball just the man. Dele knew exactly what he was doing there. Very poor, dangerous act. I’m glad KDB has said what he has. Top gesture there.
Kane’s was a horror tackle as well but he was at least looking at the ball.

don't you understand tactics, you can't play the same way all the time, you have to mix it up,

I don't know how many managers hugo's had, all I can say is his kicking is no better now than it was when he joined us, does that not tell you something
I expect him to be the best kicker in the league, but I expect his kicks to get roughly to where he is kicking for
Yes, it tells me the guy can’t fucking kick!

I don’t know anything about tactics but you think we should always leave two big men up front to whack it long to. The funny thing is we do hit it long often, but you think you have some great insight so block that out.

You are why England have won fuck all since 66. I hold you personally responsible for every failure we have had, even if you weren’t alive for much of that period

Back
Top Bottom