Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't agree with this viewpoint at all, if that was the case they'd win it every year. They've won it twice in the last 10 years however, they "have the most money", so surely they should win it every year?

I think Pep Guardiola should get at least a little credit.

Guardiola has managed Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man City all clubs with unlimited funds and can BUY any player.. David Moyes would have won what he has.

Judge him if he's at a Burnley or Swansea or any club without unlimited money

Well how disappointing is that result, reminiscent of the not so good times under sherwood and avb where city and pool used to thump us.
I know this defeat is disappointing but any comparison to AVB or Sherwood is just ridiculous. For a start, we thumped Liverpool a few weeks back. Secondly, this City team are possibly better than anything the PL has seen before. Thirdly, we kept going all match, as shown by the Eriksen goal. We had a chance until it went 2-0 and beyond. We lost a little concentration and their quality paid off in the end. But it was way off the shambles of AVB or Sherwood. Way off.

What ‘proper’ fans are they then Billy?

You’re talking utter shit

You know I came on this forum months ago as an experiment to see things from opposing teams perspective..but all I’ve found is bitterness and casual racism..you lot are fucking horrible and I’m so glad we smashed you into the ground yesterday

You’re now closer to the bottom of the league than the top..and all us ‘arab oil cunts’ are laughing in your faces

You’ll always be in the shadow of Woolwich and Chelsea..a nothing Club with horrible support..having browsed away forums quite often you have to be the most bitter fans I’ve ever had the misfortune to see..it’s pathetic..you’re pathetic..I just hope we get you in the CL so we can smash you again on a world stage

Cheerio you fucking losers

Go fuck yourself you plastic cunt. Your club is a financially doped experiment and I know a couple of city fans who admit to this.

You were known in the north west as the bitter blues, so don't try to airbrush your own history, you have never been a huge club and you are not that now, stupid cunt.

I remember you could not even fill your away allocation at fucking Wigan only 7 or 8 years ago, so fuck off you plastic cock sucking glory seeker.

Glory days May 1968 spurs 1 City 3 Colin Bell got 2 I was at WHL City beat Newcastle 4-3 the week after to win the first division, oh and no oil money and all English team, when was last time spurs won league?

So you spend your Sunday on an opposition teams forum gloating?

Given your age your missus is probably thankful as you are not trying to stick your shriveled up cock up her dry cunt, while she thinks about your younger neighbour who would have no issues giving her what she really wants. Carry on typing though.

What ‘proper’ fans are they then Billy?

You’re talking utter shit

You know I came on this forum months ago as an experiment to see things from opposing teams perspective..but all I’ve found is bitterness and casual racism..you lot are fucking horrible and I’m so glad we smashed you into the ground yesterday

You’re now closer to the bottom of the league than the top..and all us ‘arab oil cunts’ are laughing in your faces

You’ll always be in the shadow of Woolwich and Chelsea..a nothing Club with horrible support..having browsed away forums quite often you have to be the most bitter fans I’ve ever had the misfortune to see..it’s pathetic..you’re pathetic..I just hope we get you in the CL so we can smash you again on a world stage

Cheerio you fucking losers
City might be in League One or Two if UAE hadn’t bought them, but a team that’s been relegated once in 68 years is somehow a nothing club? City still have less major trophies than Spurs, you daft idiot.

At least United, Woolwich and Liverpool have some history and earned the majority of their silverware. City (and Chelsea) fans that lack a modicum of self awareness are a special kind of stupid.

I detest Shity and Chelsea. I know what they are and what they represent. That argument can’t be found in their favour.

However, we need to be careful that the City bating, while giving us a moral victory, loses us focus on the reality of what happened on Saturday and has been happening a lot.

For whatever reason our team is fading before our eyes. No amount of City money nor skill was behind that god awful defending from a corner ( again ) Dier’s hack. Alli’s Failure to track back or the stupid challenge for the pen. Unless Hugo’s been bunged a few quid no excuses for the woeful kicking and poor keeping....

We need to look at ourselves first and forget about Chelsea and City’s bank balance.

Last edited:
Has the makings of a barn stormer. Man City aren't going to sit back and will want another top teams scalp as well as stretching their winning run.

We may sit back and look to counter, but we won't park a bus. Kane will still install fear into their defence. Son is on deadly form and has a good record against City. Eriksen is always a problem. I imagine Dembele and Winks will start in central midfield, they need to be 100%.

We CAN win. It's unlikely and a draw is a good result but I just want to see some fight. A performance like the NLD would be unacceptable.

As opposed to the blindingly optimistic.
It's called "being a supporter"
It's what supporters do.
As opposed to the wanker brigade of self appointed experts who hedge their bets by predicting losses and then celebrate wins as if they hadn't expressed their ineptitude in the first place.
This is a board for "Supporters" not paralysing buzzkill pessimists who go to games to suck the life and ambition out of the crowd, or haunt club sites like ghouls.

Naive at times. For all his great saves, Lloris is still fucking shit with his distribution.
Trippier was truly owned at all times tonight, chasing shadows. Alli was rubbish & desrved a red card for that abomination of a tackle on de Bruyne. Well and truly beaten by a far superior side. But if some fucker gave me the pick of the worlds best players with an open cheque book, I could win the league. It’s a farce. Not a competition. Just who has the biggest budget. And we aren’t in that league, thank fuck. No soul in their club. None at all. And before anyone gets all anti board, unless we sold our soul as a club, then the oil billions will always win. Lewis could spend his whole life savings & we still couldn’t compete with the oil slavery families. Fuck it. Football is finished as a competitive sport.

I’m much more sanguine about this result then most people, not sure why. Sloppy first touch tonight, didn’t finish any chances, poor overall...

Dunno, thought we had a shot at a draw until the De Bruyne strike...even thought we could muster two up until Winks refused to shoot from 8 yards out.

Goal before the season was compete for the title and secure CL for next season. The title has been out of reach since the last international break, but we still have a very good chance of finishing top 4 and hopefully making some noise in the CL and FA Cup.

Let’s panic a bit if Burnley batter us, but not yet.
ukraine3.gif

Back
Top Bottom