Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is your expected line up? Or is it hard to gauge under Pep?

I imagine it would look something like this:

Ederson
Walker - Otamendi - Mangala - Delph
Fernandinho
de Bruyne - Silva
Sterling - Aguero - Sane
Obviously, Kompany coming in for Mangala if he is fit. Personally, looking at your back four, I think Kane, Eriksen, Son could cause them quite a few problems but of course Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Silva and de Bruyne are more than capable of causing all sorts of trouble

Really should be a great game
If they play like this, honor bound us to play us to play like this.
Winks Dembele
Eriksen nobody Rose
Son
Dele
Kane

Rain is forecast it might dampen the atmosphere, just have to rely on us to bring the noise.
fans-wear-raincoats-due-to-the-inclement-weather-during-the-english-picture-id499041362

You and your mates try their best to do things the Citeh way, bring a bit of cheer but the decision you have to make must be a bit of a dilemma, do I wear the inflatable Shark which might keep the water off or the wooly one for warmth, decisions, decisions.
GettyImages-864359950.jpg

DMGgI-nW0AAp_hX.jpg
Whats with the, and shark? Care to explain?

To add. I miss our high intensity pressing game. We used to scare and bully teams ... it's all gone a bit flat lately
Don't get me wrong I'm glad we finally learnt a bit of guile and craft with the sit in and sucker punch ... but I feel we seem to have gone a bit halfway house of late and the result is a bit drab

Still whatever manner we adopt

COYS always !!
Are you a deacon blue fan?

As opposed to the blindingly optimistic.
It's called "being a supporter"
It's what supporters do.
As opposed to the wanker brigade of self appointed experts who hedge their bets by predicting losses and then celebrate wins as if they hadn't expressed their ineptitude in the first place.
This is a board for "Supporters" not paralysing buzzkill pessimists who go to games to suck the life and ambition out of the crowd, or haunt club sites like ghouls.

It's called "being a supporter"
It's what supporters do.
As opposed to the wanker brigade of self appointed experts who hedge their bets by predicting losses and then celebrate wins as if they hadn't expressed their ineptitude in the first place.
This is a board for "Supporters" not paralysing buzzkill pessimists who go to games to suck the life and ambition out of the crowd, or haunt club sites like ghouls.

Sorry mate that is utter nonsense. Grow some. Supporters are people. People are different. Can't all see blue sky.

It is a very hard game and every THFC fan will hope we win but to suggest it is ghoulish or life-sucking to predict a loss is rubbish.

And I actually mean all that with best respect.

If we win we will all be ecstatic. The facts at present make it unlikely and to me, although I think we stand a fighting chance that's okay.

Today's game is the double-edged type.

The kind of game where we want and need our best stars at their best but of course at their best they attract even more interest.

I think for Alli, Eriksen, Kane snd arguably Lloris any chance of a Premier League move unless a club has 100 million for the goalie and upwards for the rest, this is the kind of occasion which raises their stock even further or they just stay on the radar.

All I ask is that we turn up. Beyond that it is if we can prevail but no capitulation please.

And that may mean Pochettino getting the starting line-up correct.

Sorry mate that is utter nonsense. Grow some. Supporters are people. People are different. Can't all see blue sky.

It is a very hard game and every THFC fan will hope we win but to suggest it is ghoulish or life-sucking to predict a loss is rubbish.

And I actually mean all that with best respect.

If we win we will all be ecstatic. The facts at present make it unlikely and to me, although I think we stand a fighting chance that's okay.

This sums it up for me , I find it daft to have my support questioned because I think we will lose to City , I'll still be fucking delighted if we win satisfied with a draw and distraught with a loss. I've been called a gooner because my hopes and expectations don't match for this game ludicrous !

We know we can play when we want to. We can stop city if we put our minds to it. Weve got the players to do the job. We need to be on top of our defensive game as well as attack if we want to get a result here cause no one really has managed to cope with them yet. They are clinical with finishing.

Coys!!!

One player.

We can do it again, its a squad game ive been told?

Toby, Sanchez and Wanyama, that's three players we'd really need in a game like this. Just can't see them not scoring at least two - they cough up chances though and we're gonna need to be clinical to get anything - Kane, Son and Eriksen - our best shooters - need to be under orders to shoot on sight because I don't think we're gonna get a hell a lot of the ball, maybe 30% possession.

City, shite club , shite supporters. I would wipe my arse with Franny Lees toilet rolls if the alternative was my hand. They are turning to the dark side and becoming as Chelsea.

Last edited:
Toby, Sanchez and Wanyama, that's three players we'd really need in a game like this. Just can't see them not scoring at least two - they cough up chances though and we're gonna need to be clinical to get anything - Kane, Son and Eriksen - our best shooters - need to be under orders to shoot on sight because I don't think we're gonna get a hell a lot of the ball, maybe 30% possession.
its only Toby, I feel we will miss. Sanchez was starting to look a little fatigued so the rest is probably welcomed. Wanyama has been missing all season and we have had good results without him. If every player plays to thier potential , whoever plays we have a chance. All City do is try to overwhelm defences with numbers which forces teams back. Its not master tactician stuff, its having a lot of quality players getting forward (its almost a front line of 4+ 2 wide). We can defend and counter with quality. Toe to toe, we are as fit. Everyplayer needs to be up to speed and no errors. Dont right us off, we are better than some on here believe.

Last edited:
Some of youse are always negative though, predict a loss before EVERY big game so please get off your high horse!

Predicting a loss for us at City is pointless though. Every man and his dog are doing the same but we're all Spurs here, nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.

City are good but they're not unbeatable. Some people are talking about them as if they're peak Barca under Pep or the closest we've ever seen to the 1970 Brazil side. Please!

Obviously it's going to be a hard game and they'll be favourites but it's not Mission Impossible!

COYS

Back
Top Bottom