Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Manchester didn't win the right to host the commonwealth games and say Sheffield did it could quite easily be Sheffield Wednesday or United at the top of the premier league and Manchester City toiling in the lower leagues , City have effectively won the lottery twice yet still have the cheek to turn their noses up at those living within their means.

Some of youse are always negative though, predict a loss before EVERY big game so please get off your high horse!

Predicting a loss for us at City is pointless though. Every man and his dog are doing the same but we're all Spurs here, nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.

City are good but they're not unbeatable. Some people are talking about them as if they're peak Barca under Pep or the closest we've ever seen to the 1970 Brazil side. Please!

Obviously it's going to be a hard game and they'll be favourites but it's not Mission Impossible!

COYS

I rarely predict a loss yet you call me a gooner! Who said it was mission impossible ?

I watched a programme on the Multiverse the other night, which was exploring the possibilities of there being an infinite number of universes where absolutely everything is possible - apparently this is now accepted by the scientific establishment. Meaning that there is a universe in which we go up to City this evening and thrash them 4 goals to nil to go 20 points clear at the top of the table! That's the game I want a ticket for, I thought! So I looked on the THFC website, where I was disappointed...the loyal point threshold was fucking astronomical!!

I rarely predict a loss yet you call me a gooner! Who said it was mission impossible ?

Maybe you don't but there are some on here that always do.

Many are making out that it is and are just 'telling it like it is'.

Maybe you're not a Gooner, just one of those miserable gits that in a weird way is happier when we lose and are doing poorly as this gives you something to properly moan about. ;-)

Maybe you don't but there are some on here that always do.

Many are making out that it is and are just 'telling it like it is'.

Maybe you're not a Gooner, just one of those miserable gits that in a weird way is happier when we lose and are doing poorly as this gives you something to properly moan about. ;-)

But I'm not moaning about anything kiddo.

I have no clue how this is going to go but in my heart I'm going with a narrow 1-2 away win for the Jedi. The Empire will try to unleash technological terror on us but we will stay strong and young Dele will use the nutmeg to finish them off.

Sorry mate that is utter nonsense. Grow some. Supporters are people. People are different. Can't all see blue sky.

It is a very hard game and every THFC fan will hope we win but to suggest it is ghoulish or life-sucking to predict a loss is rubbish.

And I actually mean all that with best respect.

If we win we will all be ecstatic. The facts at present make it unlikely and to me, although I think we stand a fighting chance that's okay.
Really?
You've never noticed the corrosive effect of doom mongers in a crowd?
Oh you wouldn't, would you?

This sums it up for me , I find it daft to have my support questioned because I think we will lose to City , I'll still be fucking delighted if we win satisfied with a draw and distraught with a loss. I've been called a gooner because my hopes and expectations don't match for this game ludicrous !
Then you are not a supporter.
Check a dictionary out, it means you support the thing or team that you believe in. If you don't, you're not a supporter. You can't have it both ways.

In 10 years, electric cars and hydrogen cars is standard and the oil billionaires will be just billionaires, in twenty it's probably not worth drilling for oil at all anymore. I'm sure the oil billionaire slave traders is a short lived trend. There will be other billionaires by then but Manchester City will be back to the level their fans deserve.

And today we will show them how it will feel then.

In 10 years, electric cars and hydrogen cars is standard and the oil billionaires will be just billionaires, in twenty it's probably not worth drilling for oil at all anymore. I'm sure the oil billionaire slave traders is a short lived trend. There will be other billionaires by then but Manchester City will be back to the level their fans deserve.

And today we will show them how it will feel then.
Oh fucking great.......
I'll be too dead to see it!
:(

Kane, Son and Eriksen - our best shooters - need to be under orders to shoot on sight
Football is simple. You get in and around the area, you shoot or give it to another to shoot, thats football. It doesn't have to be anything special or instructed. Its when this breaks down that you lose the opportunities. You play as one-no one is bigger than the team.

3 deserved wins in a row, that's more like it. It should take the pressure off us a bit for this game. Especially with them obviously the big favourites.
Lets relax & try & frustrate them. Onus is on them to score & win.
I hope son starts as he can be effective on the counter & is in great form.

It's called "being a supporter"
It's what supporters do.
As opposed to the wanker brigade of self appointed experts who hedge their bets by predicting losses and then celebrate wins as if they hadn't expressed their ineptitude in the first place.
This is a board for "Supporters" not paralysing buzzkill pessimists who go to games to suck the life and ambition out of the crowd, or haunt club sites like ghouls.

Hats off sir.... That's spot on!

Back
Top Bottom