Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You do realise what we are up against? This is one of the best teams this league has seen. This has been a really high intensity game and the players have had barely any time on the ball, bit harsh to say players have lost it or don't have it when they are up against this team at their best.

We didn't turn up at manure or the scum either.

Right. Needs some serious shaking up here Poch.
Trippier has been awful this half. Get Aurier on to save our right flank. Sorry Tripps but you look weak as fuck tonight. Getting owned over & over again.
Get Dier into DM if there is any possible way because we are getting swamped & winks isn’t doing it.
I’d risk Foyth in defence. It can’t look any worse than the mauling we are getting at times.
We aren’t offering much going forward because since their goal (until that point we were holding our own very well) we have been shitting our trousers. We need to be solid at the back to give confidence to our attack minded players.
Keep it 1-0 & then get Lamela on as well. He will get stuck into these fuckers.

(I am pissed btw & reserve the right to ignore or refute any adverse comments )

I mean it's pretty much what you would expect, they are better in every regard. They are more skilled, cohesive and working harder too. I don't think anyone of ours out there actually believes we have a chance here, so the intensity and concentration you'd need just to stay competitive with these lot is not there at all. Especially in midfield, Dembele and Winks look completely overrun every time they come at us. And our forwards have been sloppy as you'll ever seem them in the couple of counters we've had.

Winks is not good enough for this level - just a limited sideways passer who’ll end up in a bottom 8 sides. Sorry but he’s done asolutely nothing vs quality opponents. we’ve missed Wanayma massively

Last 3 goals conceded all headers from set pieces which could have been avoided with defenders on the post. When did that basic art of defending go out the window?

Casual passing at the back...we get away with it against lesser teams but not against this kind of press. Lloris is actually scary with the ball at his feet and I don't mean scary for the opposition...

A moment of world-class individual magic needed, because we are being outplayed. Still could happen though. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom