Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

United's stock grew out of a nationwide wave of sympathy following Munich.
People up and down the country started following the plucky underdog rising from the ashes and their success and fanbase snowballed from there. Nowadays, in my opinion, they have the most detestable fans in English football. Nothing but a load of Glory hunting, bandwagon jumping bunch of entitled cunts. I've taken so much pleasure in seeing them suffer since Ferguson left.
Thats a bit of revisionism. United were a pretty dominant team at the time of the Munich crisis, and whilst they got a lot of deserved sympathy, calling them a plucky underdog is a gross oversimplification. They weren't playing in the European cup for no reason. That season they were trying to win the league for the third time in a row.
The loss of players didn't help them, but they were big enough to come through it all without any major issues, because they were a massive club in the UK and got the pick of the litter.
Winning the european cup gave them the biggest hike in fans, particularly on an international level.
IMHO

Last edited:
The league isn't competitive because Guardiola is tearing it apart breaking new records. You're kidding yourself if you think Dyche is a better manager
I don't see the need for a comparison. Guardiola is brilliant with world class talent and Dyche is brilliant at getting more limited players to compete at the top level. They're both great at what they do so why not just leave it at that?

I don't see the need for a comparison. Guardiola is brilliant with world class talent and Dyche is brilliant at getting more limited players to compete at the top level. They're both great at what they do so why not just leave it at that?
That’s fine. But if you put Pep in charge of Burnley, & Dyche in charge of City (theoretically) where would your money be on who finished higher?

Dyche has built a good squad on next to nothing. His record signing is £13M.. Pep just buys players. He's spent over £1billion on players so how can you judge him as a manager??

He spent all that money but only came 3rd last season and got knocked out of the CL by Monaco, not great for a genius.
Do you think that simply buying players wins you the league? You don't think that his tactics are incredible? This is probably one of the best teams the pl has ever seen, many of the players have improved massively under Guardiola. He even managed to turn Delph into a good full back. He gets a lot out of his players

Do you think that simply buying players wins you the league? You don't think that his tactics are incredible? This is probably one of the best teams the pl has ever seen, many of the players have improved massively under Guardiola. He even managed to turn Delph into a good full back. He gets a lot out of his players

Well it worked for Pellegrini and Mancini..They both won the league after Man City got all their oil money or is that just coincidence?

I like the fact that Guardiola does his best to raise either his clubs own talent or buy/play domestic players from the country hes managing in.

He has the money and yes he spends it, but he's a damn good coach. Improves players, improves the way teams play and wins trophies. That's all you want from your coach.

Dyche is good in his own way. Would he be good with more money? Who knows? Moyes wasn't. Van Gaal wasn't. AVB wasn't. He may decide signing Tom Heaton for £15,000,000 because he can would be worth it, who knows.

I can appreciate both for what they do and what they achieve.

If Pep has one thing seriously going for him, it’s his ability to get the top jobs with the big money. That in itself is impressive.

But to win the league with that squad and that budget? A shaved monkey could do it.

Wow Pardew could win the league, what a squad they have.

Maybe Kyle Walker is just the best footballer in the world?

I mean, we don't look anywhere near as good without him in our team this season and he's basically the only outfield player that City didn't have last year Everyone else who plays consistently in the City team was there last season.

You'd almost think it's strange that it can take a year for a team to get used to a managers methods.

Not really. It’s a fair question.
Do you think that Burnley would be top of the league, having won all but one game, simply by putting Guardiola in charge?
All aboard the Guardiola hype train.
The bloke has bought heavily everywhere he has been.
He has never had to build a competitive team on a budget.
He should have won the league last year with what he spent.
No he shouldn't, last year was his first season. Of course he should be given time, he's the best manager in the world

I like the fact that Guardiola does his best to raise either his clubs own talent or buy/play domestic players from the country hes managing in.

He has the money and yes he spends it, but he's a damn good coach. Improves players, improves the way teams play and wins trophies. That's all you want from your coach.

Dyche is good in his own way. Would he be good with more money? Who knows? Moyes wasn't. Van Gaal wasn't. AVB wasn't. He may decide signing Tom Heaton for £15,000,000 because he can would be worth it, who knows.

I can appreciate both for what they do and what they achieve.
Na mate he just spends money, put Moyes in charge of City and he'd have 80 points by now. The guy is even giving more chances to youth players than Poch

It is Scotty old boy. Unless you can just pull out a bigger wad of cash than any of your “rivals”.
Identifying real class isn’t hard. Having the funds to tempt the player, his agent & the selling club is the difficult part. For most clubs, it’s identifying a talent & getting a deal across the line without having the rug pulled from under you. That is what makes signing quality more difficult for some clubs.
Hmm you tipped us to win the title despite this disadvantage.

Back
Top Bottom