Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But you yourelf just said Rodri went looking for it.... Something that is punishable in it's own right.

Ergo not black and white or 100% (as you prefer to call it).
Doesn't matter-he didn't dive over an outstretched leg or fall over for nothing/dive, he got in a tussle and was fouled, I can't understand how people are seeing it differently but you're entitled to your opinion so I'm leaving this here.

prefer not to get drawn into stats usually but it bodes well that Tanguy is doing some of the basic bits very well. Tackling, retention, forward thinking.... things our midfield lacked a lot last year. Obviously yet to assert himself in matches, but i'm sure that'll come. to put it into perspective. he's made 8 tackles in two games, winks made 20 all last year, sissoko 30 odd.

2 goals/assists... winks and sissoko 1/3 respectively last year.

decent start.

prefer not to get drawn into stats usually but it bodes well that Tanguy is doing some of the basic bits very well. Tackling, retention, forward thinking.... things our midfield lacked a lot last year. Obviously yet to assert himself in matches, but i'm sure that'll come. to put it into perspective. he's made 8 tackles in two games, winks made 20 all last year, sissoko 30 odd.

decent start.

Yeh, that'll tide me over til he starts to visibly shine.

(After all the hype; I think my early doors expectations were a touch high.)

Should have been reviewed tho'.

VAR or not, the Sissoko thing is not a pen in the EPL this year tho'.
I think it was reviewed, very quickly, and they told the ref 'no penalty'. If you look at the highlights clip I posted (@ 14 secs), the cameras cut to the ref who indicates 'no' and points to his headset.

I think it was reviewed, very quickly, and they told the ref 'no penalty'. If you look at the highlights clip I posted (@ 14 secs), the cameras cut to the ref who indicates 'no' and points to his headset.

Indeed. Just pointing out it was right to do so.

decent start.
Hard not to get excited about the guy when you put it that way.

I think he’s had a cracking start and can only get better. So far we can only judge him one two games that are at the utmost extremes of the premier league. 1 game where theopposition sat back for the whole game, and 1 where we were sat back under the josh.

It will be interesting to see how his skill set works in games against your Leicester’s, Everton’s and woolwich’s. I reckon that is where he will hit his stride.

As the season unfolds, I think it will be very noticeable how well Spurs did to grab a point at City the other day, regardless of how the game went or how the result was achieved. A lot of teams will go there this season and come away with heavy defeats.

So it was 2-2 was it . Fuck me. That’s the first thing I’ve found out since my return

Now I’ll find out if I’m single again

My life would be very different all for letting a stream run for 30 seconds more

This place did me proud on Saturday evening, as follows:

1. Jesus scored.
2. My heart sank.
3. I thought, 'That's it then.' and immediately clicked into this thread.
4. As the stream I was watching was running a couple of minutes slow, the first comments I saw on here were like, "OMG VAR!"
5. So, within 5 seconds of the 'goal that never was', I was back on the stream, waiting for them to realise they'd been VAR'd again. WooooooooHooooooo.

Thank you Fighting Cock!

1. Jesus scored.
2. My heart sank.
4. As the stream I was watching was running a couple of minutes slow, the first comments I saw on here were like, "OMG VAR!"
5. So, within 5 seconds of the 'goal that never was', I was back on the stream, waiting for them to realise they'd been VAR'd again. WooooooooHooooooo.

Thank you Fighting Cock!
Yeah I should have

I even waited a bit .... how long did it take for anyone to even mention it was being looked at

I thought no chance lightning would strike the same twice so with the raging hump took myself off.

Thing is I’m in Spain so no one really understood what I was moaning about I guess

1. Jesus scored.
2. My heart sank.

Thank you Fighting Cock!
I told my brother before the corner that I fully expected the cunts to score and when they did I said "Told you fucking so"...never felt happier eating my words...

Back
Top Bottom