Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-----------------------Loris----------------------------------
Naughton -- Kaboul -- Dawson -- Verts -- Rose
-------------Sandro ------ Bentaleb----------------------
--------------Eriksen------Sigurdson--------------------
--------------------Adebayor-------------------------------

Shit fuck tits. I'm suddenly stupidly confident about this one. I don't know what it is and all of a sudden I seem to think top 4 is within reach. I mean I know we'll miss out but I think we'll close the gap. Why?!? This will not help when the SAS put 8 past us.

...Unless we put 9 :troll:

Henderson is playing well, but he is fuck all compared to a fit Dembele. Allen? Sterling? Give me Eriksen any day of the week.

Sandro SHOULD be a big game player...he is playing poorly though, but I dont see how Gerrard has been any better over the last 5 years, other than this season. Sturridge is a big player....so is Adebayor.

Lloris not world class to you? A focused Jan is too...and a better player than Agger IMO.

Flanagan and Johnson? Hardly world beaters....just playing with full belief in a system that suits them.

On paper, Id take our squad all day.....the front two are the stand outs for them.

The real question is what Rodgers could do with our team, if he can get some of that shower of shit that Kenny Dalgish signed to be title contenders.
I'm sorry but you are confusing perception to actual productivity, yes at some future date some of our players will be world class. But for the sake of sundays match our players are in poor form (all season) compared to liverpool.

I like Dembele but he still hasn't produced stats we expected him to, I'm sure if u compared henderson to dembele you would see that henderson despite him being english has been more productive. BTW I've seen a fit dembele he can be amazing but just doesn't sustain it, I can't remember the last time he scored or had atleast 3 or 4 good games. We are still hoping he'll be as good as Yaya toure but we have yet to see that.

Eriksen I have no arguement he is brilliant, but not world class he is what coutinho was in his first season, but he has been our only consistant player.

Lloris is world class for france but isn't as effective for us, he is brilliant shot stopper and sweeper but always has a mistake in him, just like Hart, De gea, and Mignolet.

And come on you can't compare our midfielders to this season's gerrard he is near the top of assists and a big match player motivates the whole team.

We can't really compare sandro to theirs coz they don't have a player specifically in the team to be a destroyer then again most teams dn't have that type of player.

Basically what I'm saying what really makes a player better is productivity on the pitch instead of other intagibles like perception and how the player would play if this and this happened.

All I'm saying is their players are more productive which makes them better (except eriksen)

Sherwood drops that highline , it will be an absolute bloodbath

Sit back, stand tall n work the counter. Leverage what Lpool does best n make their average MF work the possession game

Easiest of decisions

-----------------------Lloris----------------------------------
-----Naughton -- Kaboul -- Vertonghen -- Rose-------
-------------Sandro --- Dembele/Paulinho----------------------
------Chadli-----------Eriksen------------Sigurdsson--------------
--------------------Soldado-----------------------------

Key to this game is bossing possession in the midfield and making the whole game a midfield battle, on paper we have a superior midfield to liverpool so should dominate in the middle of the park. The danger is playing a high line with the speed of liverpool's wingers and their clinical finishing, one false move (Naughton I'm looking at you) and they'll tear us apart. Can't really justify starting Bentaleb if we have Mousa or Paulinho fit but in typical Sherwood style I'm sure we will. Also I feel Soldado deserves to play after his good display against Southampton but Adebayor probably will.

Huge game and really is a MUST win for any last remaining chance at Champions League, we'd have to win every game left really, unlikely but you know. It's the hope that kills you.

The last time I went to anfield this happened.

it was the greatest experience as a fan I ever witnessed. Atmosphere was incredible the loudest I ever heard Tottenham away

Going again this Sunday it is written.

Yes, a truly memorable game, think that was the last time I went to Anfield too, I remember one guy after the game, giving a police horse a huge smacker of a kiss - on the lips!!!

No mistakes, by anyone - play with passion and desire - Bentaleb our Zedane in the making keep growing in confidance and play well - put pressure on Gerrard, I feel he bosses things DM. Get Lennon playing as good as he can. Sherwod get it tacally right. There is no reason we couldn't get a result.

Back
Top Bottom