Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we can beat them.....it was nice to see TS saying how Naughton didnt hide, and I hope he starts at Anfield. Will have a point to prove. Even saw flashes of the old Jan yesterday.

People forget that Liverpool only have one world class player, but their manager has instilled a work ethic and a belief that is working wonders and created a very good side.

Henderson and Allen are not better that what we have. They just believe they are, and our lot are lacking that mental strength. The right preparation and application and its game on.

Obviously want us to win.. But our defence has been so easy to get through the past few weeks, playing against the two most inform strikers in the league, its gonna be a massive struggle.
Hopefully Walker is fit for this game, as we've been reminded of the talent that is Kyle Naughton..

My line up would be..

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vert Rose
Dembele Bentaleb
Lennon Erisken Chadli
Ade

And if we play any sort of high line, we will get ruined, and is it just me, or do our CB's and Goalkeeper pass it between each other more than any other team? It scares the life out of me.

I think we can beat them.....it was nice to see TS saying how Naughton didnt hide, and I hope he starts at Anfield. Will have a point to prove. Even saw flashes of the old Jan yesterday.

People forget that Liverpool only have one world class player, but their manager has instilled a work ethic and a belief that is working wonders and created a very good side.

Henderson and Allen are not better that what we have. They just believe they are, and our lot are lacking that mental strength. The right preparation and application and its game on.
That's one more world class player than we have, you seem to be discounting sturridge and gerrard who are all big game players.

Henderson has played miles better than any of our midfielders, scored more and assisted more, I dn't know how you can say he isn't better besides the fact he doesn't have a cool name like dembele or paulinho.

I actually can't think of any of our players who are miles better then the liverpool players, can you?

Completely forgot we won up there a few seasons ago.

Not this time though. Luckily I'll be drinking and partying in Ibiza while the game is on so won't have to worry about it ruining my weekend

#blatant

That's one more world class player than we have, you seem to be discounting sturridge and gerrard who are all big game players.

Henderson has played miles better than any of our midfielders, scored more and assisted more, I dn't know how you can say he isn't better besides the fact he doesn't have a cool name like dembele or paulinho.

I actually can't think of any of our players who are miles better then the liverpool players, can you?
loris the only one frankly

We should play with broadly the same team that finished the game yesterday - just Walker back for Naughton, if fit, and Lennon over Townsend.

We need to try to get some rhythm to our play and whilst they individually aren't all great Soldado, Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Chadli seem to be able to carve out some chances for each other.

Vertonghen and Kaboul look far more comfortable than Dawson as well.

We should play with broadly the same team that finished the game yesterday - just Walker back for Naughton, if fit, and Lennon over Townsend.

We need to try to get some rhythm to our play and whilst they individually aren't all great Soldado, Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Chadli seem to be able to carve out some chances for each other.

Vertonghen and Kaboul look far more comfortable than Dawson as well.

Agree. I prefer Sigurdsson in midfield, rather than or the wing or off the striker. He moves the ball quickly (based entirely on yesterday). Would take Townsend over Lennon though, Lennon's form has dropped off massively.

----------------------Lloris---------------------
Walker----Kaboul-----Vertonghen----Rose
-------------Sandro---Bentaleb--------------
Lennon-----------Chadli-------------Eriksen
------------------Adebayor--------------------

Agree. I prefer Sigurdsson in midfield, rather than or the wing or off the striker. He moves the ball quickly (based entirely on yesterday). Would take Townsend over Lennon though, Lennon's form has dropped off massively.

The only reason I always prefer Lennon is his defensive work compared to Townsend's

both are capable of being shit going forward, but Lennon at least offers a little bit coming back even when he is terrible.

I would probably say that Sturridge and Gerrard would fit the world class tag (although that depends on how you define it), I really don't think Sturridge is far being Saurez at all. IMO Liverpool have a better starting 11 than us but far less depth, look at our injury list this season, few teams would be anywhere near 5th with what we have had to put up with, imagine SAS, Gerrard and Sterling being out for most of the season, Liverpool would be around 10th right now.

Lucky for Liverpool they have had few injuries this season and most importantly no European football. You are right to mention Allen and Henderson, they would not get in our team what so ever unless we had a lot of injuries,average players like Henderson can look good with top players like Gerrard next to them. We have an great midfield, just a significant lack of options up front and at the back. This is perhaps why we nearly always have more of the ball than the opposition but are less effective at using it, during the summer I hope we get a new left back, and maybe one or two strikers like Remy and Benteke, its annoying because we are really only short about 3 players from being a top side, we have the depth, just need a bit more Eriksen like quality.

The only reason I always prefer Lennon is his defensive work compared to Townsend's

both are capable of being shit going forward, but Lennon at least offers a little bit coming back even when he is terrible.

Yep my thoughts as well, Lennon is like a right back these days and not a bad one to be honest, if only Lennon had a final ball, so frustrating.

Siggy is one of those players that drives me mad, he is a passenger in most games and I don't see what he brings then he pops up with a goal, bit like Dempsey.

Siggy is one of those players that drives me mad, he is a passenger in most games and I don't see what he brings then he pops up with a goal, bit like Dempsey.
At least Dempsey brought it semi-ogre Yanks to the forum and shit .gifs

:troll:

How about something like:
-------------Sandro--Dembele------------
-----Sigg-------Eriksen-------Chadli-----
------------------Soldado-------------------

I like the potential for interchange and fluidity in that front 4.

How about something like:
-------------Sandro--Dembele------------
-----Sigg-------Eriksen-------Chadli-----
------------------Soldado-------------------

I like the potential for interchange and fluidity in that front 4.
Of all the games we need Lennon, it's this one. His defensive contribution will be essential if we're to get anything from Liverpool.

Of all the games we need Lennon, it's this one. His defensive contribution will be essential if we're to get anything from Liverpool.
I'm not really thinking about Liverpool specifically, but more generally about our future line ups. I don't think we have anything left to fight for this season, so I'm not too bothered about the result.

Back
Top Bottom