Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's one more world class player than we have, you seem to be discounting sturridge and gerrard who are all big game players.

Henderson has played miles better than any of our midfielders, scored more and assisted more, I dn't know how you can say he isn't better besides the fact he doesn't have a cool name like dembele or paulinho.

I actually can't think of any of our players who are miles better then the liverpool players, can you?

Henderson is playing well, but he is fuck all compared to a fit Dembele. Allen? Sterling? Give me Eriksen any day of the week.

Sandro SHOULD be a big game player...he is playing poorly though, but I dont see how Gerrard has been any better over the last 5 years, other than this season. Sturridge is a big player....so is Adebayor.

Lloris not world class to you? A focused Jan is too...and a better player than Agger IMO.

Flanagan and Johnson? Hardly world beaters....just playing with full belief in a system that suits them.

On paper, Id take our squad all day.....the front two are the stand outs for them.

The real question is what Rodgers could do with our team, if he can get some of that shower of shit that Kenny Dalgish signed to be title contenders.

Siggy is one of those players that drives me mad, he is a passenger in most games and I don't see what he brings then he pops up with a goal, bit like Dempsey.

I don't agree with playing him out wide, probably doesn't help his game. Thought his overall performance was good yesterday that bit deeper. Offered more than Dembele or Paulinho of late.

The last time I went to anfield this happened.

it was the greatest experience as a fan I ever witnessed. Atmosphere was incredible the loudest I ever heard Tottenham away

Going again this Sunday it is written.

Last edited:
It's ok, all we have to do is show guts and character and we'll be fine. Tim says Naughton won't make those mistakes again and they were his first ones of the season.
Oh dear.

Don't expect much from this game simply because Henderson, Gerrard and SAS seem to be able to pick apart any defense they face...
IF however we would manage to win it, then my hope for 4th is back on.
Soldado with a hattrick :soldadowatch:!

Chelsea could've been 3up in 10minutes, Scum the same and managed 1 which was all they needed. Southampton had plenty more chances but we managed to make more count. Liverpool will not let us off the hook in the first 10-15minutes, they will kill us off. It's exactly what we used to do to teams with a fast-start in the days of the 4-0 win everybody is posting happy memories about.
I'm not sure any game-plan makes a difference, the slow-start and high-line getting exposed seems to happen at the start of every match, surely Tim isn't instructing them to play that way?!?!
If we can somehow survive the first half hour then there's a chance we can get into the game ourselves but, there'll be some sort of calamity or incorrect red-card waiting for us sooner or later.

IF however we would manage to win it, then my hope for 4th is back on.

I looked at the table this morning and started dreaming.....why do we do it to ourselves?!

So strange that for the disaster that has been unfolding this season, we still have hope and a chance. Imagine the beauty of us beating Scum to 4th...now THATS a capitulation that would eclipse ours the other year.

But....we all know what heartache lies ahead dont we

:eriksenserious:

At least we're out of our misery early this season, rather than the recent year's slow torture right up to the disappointment at the last minute. A beating this Sunday puts the nail in the coffin so, knowing us we could actually nick a win just to keep the hopes alive to be let-down again....defeatist but true.

Got emailed by spurs this morning telling me I could have a ticket for the match at anfield and despite my better judgement I took it. Good chance I may badly regret that decision.

I looked at the table this morning and started dreaming.....why do we do it to ourselves?!

So strange that for the disaster that has been unfolding this season, we still have hope and a chance. Imagine the beauty of us beating Scum to 4th...now THATS a capitulation that would eclipse ours the other year.

But....we all know what heartache lies ahead dont we

:eriksenserious:

It's the hope that kills us I'm afraid. Was reading in the other thread even if we win out we still need the scum to drop 10 points :chadliblow:

Got emailed by spurs this morning telling me I could have a ticket for the match at anfield and despite my better judgement I took it. Good chance I may badly regret that decision.
mas·och·ist
[mas-uh-kist] masochism, the condition in which sexual or other gratification depends on one's suffering physical pain or humiliation.
a person who is gratified by pain, degradation, etc., that is self-imposed or imposed by others.
a person who finds pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.

:chadliwtf:

Can all of us work on getting a rumor about Suarez' missus being involved in a gang bang featuring gerrard, henderson, skrtl and headlined by Sturridge? That might give us the mental advantage we need on the day
:adelol:

Back
Top Bottom