Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

pound for pound they are not better than us
but they have one thing that we don't - masses of confidence

if we can rattle that confidence early on, with a sustained and committed accent on running at their two central defenders, then we might get them on the back foot and stop them believing in themselves.. out wide their defence is good, but the central core of their midfield and defence is slow and in Gerrard, ageing.
We need to be playing a quick team, because we are playing against a side with a massively inform strike force and speed on the wings.
Bentaleb - on the showing of the last game, will be our weakest link, if he plays a central midfield role, closely followed by Dembele, who was either unwell or in a contract dispute.
IMO Chablis will be a mistake as well.

I'll just be happy if we don't embarrass ourselves. I've resigned to the fact we are going to finish 5-7, and with only 7 games remaining, I am going to do my best to fucking enjoy them all.
:adethumbup:

pound for pound they are not better than us
but they have one thing that we don't - masses of confidence

if we can rattle that confidence early on, with a sustained and committed accent on running at their two central defenders, then we might get them on the back foot and stop them believing in themselves.. out wide their defence is good, but the central core of their midfield and defence is slow and in Gerrard, ageing.
We need to be playing a quick team, because we are playing against a side with a massively inform strike force and speed on the wings.
Bentaleb - on the showing of the last game, will be our weakest link, if he plays a central midfield role, closely followed by Dembele, who was either unwell or in a contract dispute.
IMO Chablis will be a mistake as well.

Bentaleb? are you sure he was pretty good against Southampton, and he doesn't lack for pace and work rate either. I would take Bentaleb and Sandro in the middle, Demebele looks slow at the moment in both movements and distribution. My biggest concern is our full backs, I am sure Liverpool will target them. If Ade is still injured I would go with the below and try to defend deep and counter. Don't think we have much of a chance but just hoping we don't get a thrashing, my girlfriend and mum support Liverpool so that would be somewhat embrassing if its 5-0.

-------------Loris---------------
--Walker(is he still out)--Kaboul--Verts---Rose------
---------Bentaleb----Sandro--------
--Lennon---Chadli---Eriksen-------
-----------Soldado--------------

Kaboul right back Dawson and Verts center.I cannot cope with a Rose and Naughton Full back show again anybody Decent on sunday would have put 4 or 5 past us again.But hey we won keep smiling :freundgoal:

Kaboul right back Dawson and Verts center.I cannot cope with a Rose and Naughton Full back show again anybody Decent on sunday would have put 4 or 5 past us again.But hey we won keep smiling :freundgoal:

Naughton is a bit odd at right back he sometimes has good games then the next match is complete wank. Rose has talent but doesn't take his defensive responsibilities seriously enough. Fryers is better defensively than rose and walker is just better than naughton.

Every team has a weak link.

Spurs' is Rose. City's is Demichelis. Liverpool's is Glen Johnson. And so on. You get the idea.

Identify the weak link and exploit it.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles - Sun Tzu.

Every team has a weak link.

Spurs' is Rose. City's is Demichelis. Liverpool's is Glen Johnson. And so on. You get the idea.

Identify the weak link and exploit it.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles - Sun Tzu.
"Man who goes to bed with itchy arse wakes up with smelly finger" - Shi Tee Hand

"Man who goes to bed with itchy arse wakes up with smelly finger" - Shi Tee Hand
434553.gif

Back
Top Bottom