Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've only been consistent in our inconsistency this season; not going to try to predict the outcome of this game. Will be hoping for a win nevertheless.

Sit deep, congest our half and counter. I would look to squeeze all the play down the middle. Liverpool love playing the long pass into space, hitting the widths with diagonal balls I do feel Gerrard is a key player for them, he brings everything together - sitting in from of thier back 4. So Preasure needs to be put on him. Our full backs need to be online? Sandro deep- sitting infront of Kaboul and vertonghen. Lennon should play just - hopefully make a nuisance of himself. I would push him down the middle at first . Stranger things have happen. We're not as bad as we all think we are. Why not?

This is our last chance for a memorable win this season. No Matter how shit we have been in the past there has always been a game or two to look back on and remember the season by. I genuinely dont think we have had that this season. I suppose you could say UTD away but thats clutching at straws in my opinion.

If we play a high line I fully expect Sterling to play against us and he would run us absolutely ragged, If we play a congested midfield then Coutinho will be their man to play little through balls and silky trickery.
I just hope for the life of us Gerrard picks up a yellow card this evening then he gets his 2 game ban, which he could be looking for as they have a couple of easy games after that which they can win without him then it'll be the big boys for them. Hopefully he does get a yellow then we might have a chance but i'm not feeling optimistic one bit.
:walkercry:

QUOTE="SpartanSpurs, post: 514768, member: 3873"]No matter what you think of his ability our back 4 is 10 times more organized with him in it.[/QUOTE]
He's just too slow now and what i'm saying is with our superb high line that has worked out soo well for us this season
:troll:
[ then I expect him to get caught out a few times.

With Dawson/Chiriches back we could play Kaboul at RB. Probably won't happen but I quite like him there. Last chance to get a win against the top four clubs this season. sadly I don't think we have it in us at the moment.

Dawson would get raped, would rather play chirches as he has pace. Expecting to see naughton though.

Really looking forward to it. Never been to Anfield before & can't wait to sing my heart out. Anyone know what the view is like from row 34? Have heard there are some seats that are absolute pony.

Genuinely think a back 4 of Vertonghen - Dawson - Chiriches - Kaboul is preferable to anything involving Danny Rose and Naughton. Why oh why did we buy 27 midfielders and no decent full-backs?

Think if we can start like we finished against Soton we might be able to get something out of the game

Think if we can start like we finished against Soton we might be able to get something out of the game

This is what worries me the most I think; we've just been so slow out of the blocks in most of our games under Sherwood - don't get me wrong, the man can obviously give a pretty good half time team talk but I'd LOVE to see that same intensity and work-rate from the off...

Hopefully the fans traveling aren't so negative. Go to Anfield and outsing the cunts, please.

Don't worry the away support has been the one consistent performer this season, no matter what's been dished up on the pitch they have been loud and proud, being underdogs helps too

We just have to put in a performance like against Woolwich and second half Benfica and Southampton and believe

We also have to stop this thing where every time someone is coming back from injury they are the solution, Chiriches doesn't just walk back in, we should stick and get some consistency just drop the high line for this one

Back
Top Bottom