Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Calm down, it's just my opinion.
But our squad is not worth 900 million, and no fuck west spam. But because they have a shit squad what has that got to do with us settling for second best. Too many people think we have had a pretty decent run over the past 4-5 seasons and so we should not expect more or be complaining about this period in which we are shite..
Well I thought as u said we are not west spam so why should we settle like those lot do...apparently we are a big club with actual ambition, apparently.
Also we have bought lots of shit players, way too many to list.

According to Forbes it is ... but you miss the point ... like or hate Levy he has turned a club ranked outside the top twenty in Europe, with mid-table stadium and income, with a mid-table squad into a club that has moved forward in every category ....

Sure there's more steps to be taken but the club is a million miles better than it was when ENIC took over, I fail to see how so many think that's a bad thing?

Despite Son starting the game....."Jose said 3 times that Spurs played without a striker"

So, your'e claim that Son is a striker looks pretty ridiculous now

You're disputing our own managers judgement to try and justify our pathetic decision to wing it through the window with O strikers.:mourfacepalm:

Awkward.

Stockholm Syndrome prevails
Jose doesn’t believe anyone under 6’1 is a striker. Son is a quality forward. Not as good as Kane of course, but better than Giroud and Ighalo for sure.

He just isn’t Jose’s type of striker.

According to Forbes it is ... but you miss the point ... like or hate Levy he has turned a club ranked outside the top twenty in Europe, with mid-table stadium and income, with a mid-table squad into a club that has moved forward in every category ....

Sure there's more steps to be taken but the club is a million miles better than it was when ENIC took over, I fail to see how so many think that's a bad thing?
Good points...some of us just don't trust the slimy little man

I don't think Enic invest any of their profits in Spurs. The same way as they don't take any of Spurs profits
The aim is for us to be self sustainable without having any debts.

Some people think it's a sin that Enic don't invest their money in Spurs and at the same time they (Enic) make a profit outside of Spurs.
It's like saying Amstrad couldn't make a profit when Sugar was in charge.
Self sustainable and having enough to invest are 2 completely different things. We certainly don't seem to be investing in anything except a superstructure that can be used for anything. Put money into the team. Get the crowds back in. That's the way to generate income in football.

Fair enough. But son is really not kanes back up is he.
Yes he can do a job up front, a pretty good job tbh but he is not a striker.
Should we not have another striker then, having too many good players is not a bad thing. We need to start thikinglike these so called super clubs if we are ever going to catch and compete properly with them, if not we are always going g t be buying players that are at least a level down from those clubs, which means they always have better players and squads and we just stay about making up numbers. I would love to be consistantly sticking it to these clubs, upsetting them regularly. We have no Devine right, but if you don't aim for the top you can never get there.
Yes, he’s Kane’s back up.

No, he’s not a striker.

Honestly, surely you are better than this. Who do you want playing up top when Kane is out? Do you want a striker? Or someone who scores goals? I want the goals thing.

It’d be utterly fantastic if we could get a striker, with a goal every game or two record, who could sit on the bench, never whinge, not take up a non hg space, keep fit, be sharp enough to hit the ground running when needed and not cost us any money. Then I’d prefer him to cover Kane and Son to keep his place too. But such a player doesn’t exist. The closest possible is Son.

Good points...some of us just don't trust the slimy little man
Well, I think we’ve nailed it here.

You agree that Levy and ENIC have taken us forward a million miles, yet still don’t trust the slimy little man.

So there’s really no coherent reason for you not wanting Levy or ENIC involved in the club is there? You just don’t like them.

To be fair that’s a tough one to argue against. It’s like when I used to ask my kids, when they were about five, why they aren’t hanging around with the same kid as last week. It was always a shrug and “dunno, just don’t like them now.”.

Oh well.

The frustration with Levy is not about what he has done building the club, it is that we have been so close many times and we have left gaping holes in the squad DM, CM, RB, CF, etc. All the while announcing profits, but recently with world record profits whilst investing nothing in the team...

That, to a lot of us fans, shows someone more interested in selling the club (ooh look how profitable we are) than succeeding on the football side of things, and is what leads me to the conclusion that the time is right for Levy to go. He is holding us back because his duty is to make profits for ENIC ultimately and the difference between getting to the CL final and winning it or between 3rd and 1st requires that final push in terms of laser focus on the development of the footballing side and Levy has always shown himself unwilling to do that.

I don't think Enic invest any of their profits in Spurs. The same way as they don't take any of Spurs profits
The aim is for us to be self sustainable without having any debts.

Some people think it's a sin that Enic don't invest their money in Spurs and at the same time they (Enic) make a profit outside of Spurs.
It's like saying Amstrad couldn't make a profit when Sugar was in charge.
Surely winning trophies would help us be sustainable?

Athletico play in a 2 team league, their stadium won’t be making anywhere near what ours will, and they have recent history of winning in their own league. We have 3-4 other clubs in our league with more resources than we did/do.

Honestly do u not see this? I hate being a cunt but these points are as clear as day in my eyes. Do you think we are anywhere close to United, Liverpool, the scum, or Chelsea in modern day stature? The stadium was totally needed in order to compete we simply weren’t making the money of others either match day or comertially.

I remember the days of Sinton, Fox, Iversen I have never seen our current opposition (top 5) at that level of shite.

Another thing that fucks me off royally is that some of our supporters don’t have any grasp of the massive task we had knocking down and rebuilding a stadium within 2 years, in what’s really a tiny site in one of the major capitals in the world. You simply have no idea what it took for our new stadium to be built. It would have been much cheaper, easier and faster to relocate, Levy choose in the end not to. I honestly believe there isn’t another chairman who would have done the same, see the scum and West Ham for proof before some cunt says there would be.

Again call me a cunt, disagree but please come up with some sort it coherent rebuttal to the argument I have here, I will applaud if you can and I will also admit to it.
You mean compete financially or compete on the pitch? If you mean compete financially the stadium will not allow us to do that, we've competing on the pitch but blew it at the final hurdle before we had the stadium.

Surely winning trophies would help us be sustainable?
I believe so. I believe the board think so too. That’s where the argument falls down that the board don’t care about silverware. We would make more money if we won stuff. So they’d want us to win stuff if they want more money.

I believe so. I believe the board think so too. That’s where the argument falls down that the board don’t care about silverware. We would make more money if we won stuff. So they’d want us to win stuff if they want more money.
I'm sure they do but they want us to do it by putting in as little money as possible, that can work if you have good scouting but we don't. The question is why don't we?

Batshuayi cost £30M 4 years ago and has a return of 8 goals in 47 appearances... So we splash that amount now for a player who doesn't score, and will play the odd game here and there when Kane returns?
That'd be a bad deal, agreed. But we really should have at least young striker ready to contribute (Parrott in 2 years? ) and/or an experienced veteran willing to play backup (Llorente). Whatever people say, we're suffering having no genuine Kane backup.

Batshuayi cost £30M 4 years ago and has a return of 8 goals in 47 appearances... So we splash that amount now for a player who doesn't score, and will play the odd game here and there when Kane returns?
Well, seeing as any player we sign might turn out to be shit, by that logic we'd be better off not signing anybody.

Here's a crazy left-field idea - why not scout a decent player who can complement, stand in for and challenge our one striker?

The club isn't interested in winning
The club hasn't invested in players
The club wasted money on infrastructure
The club charges too much for tickets
The club hasn't won a trophy
The club is achieving better league results
The club has invested in players
The club has infrastructure to build from
The club generates more money to invest
The club hasn't won a trophy

We have missed out on a few crucial transfers. Grealish, Fernandes. They seem to be fit to play. Instead we got a sick room full and a bunch of nervy kids.

Well, I think we’ve nailed it here.

You agree that Levy and ENIC have taken us forward a million miles, yet still don’t trust the slimy little man.

So there’s really no coherent reason for you not wanting Levy or ENIC involved in the club is there? You just don’t like them.

To be fair that’s a tough one to argue against. It’s like when I used to ask my kids, when they were about five, why they aren’t hanging around with the same kid as last week. It was always a shrug and “dunno, just don’t like them now.”.

Oh well.
Good comeback, but the man is a parasite imo.
He has no interest in taking g this club to the level it should be. The stadium was only built for his and joe Lewis's wallet to bulge even further.
He got lucky with poch, he never expected him or that team to do as well as it ever did. None of us did in all honesty, but then it did raise expectations.
Expectations we have deserved to have raised and now expect him to keep to those statements of wanting to compete. Which we all know is bullshit, which is proven by the we do things differently to other clubs statement. No wd should be doing the same in order to beat them...

He has no interest in taking g this club to the level it should be. The stadium was only built for his and joe Lewis's wallet to bulge even further.
He got lucky with poch, he never expected him or that team to do as well as it ever did. None of us did in all honesty, but then it did raise expectations.
Expectations we have deserved to have raised and now expect him to keep to those statements of wanting to compete. Which we all know is bullshit, which is proven by the we do things differently to other clubs statement. No wd should be doing the same in order to beat them...
You’ve got an agenda and that’s fine. Just accept and admit it. You also don’t have a clue why the stadium was built, or what the motivation of the board is. Not a single clue.

I will suggest it’s rare for a business to spend £1b on infrastructure to immediately expect their wallets to grow fatter. That tends to be a very long term strategy, so I’d settle in and get comfy with what’s happening.

As for doing the same as other clubs. Well, I suppose ENIC probably aren’t keen in just pumping billions into the playing side right now. Doubtful they’d want to lie and cheat about finances either. The problem about being behind other clubs is you can’t do the same as them and expect to overtake them. You have to do something different. It’s pretty basic really.

It’s a shame we can’t all get behind the club as a whole and believe we are trying to build something successful and sustainable.

An essay on being entitled ... we have no more right to win trophies than any other club ... get over yourself.

We have been more competitive in the last decade than any other decade in our history - we just didn't win anything.

Back
Top Bottom