Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
pipes Ok here's my go at a rebuttal. You have argued with some eloquence (I'll add) our debt to Levy and ENIC. Citing our toils with Iverson, Fox, Sinton, all of whom I remember with affection and dispair(I'll see them and raise you: Thomas, Doherty, and Booth.

You also talk correctly about infrastructure: training ground, lodge stadium. All of this overlooks the huge incremental fortunes in TV revenues, global streaming technology, and online merchandising that had zero to do with Levy and benefited all EPL owners in this period. Now as the clubs custodian what I'll give him is that he put that windfall into the football club which I'd not have trusted Sugar Venables or Scholar to do.
But -and I love a big one a brother can not lie- this misses the major criticism of him, that I and many have. Its not what he has done, but what he did not do. When posters say "I don't trust the slimy****" They often mean..."to finish the job" He is penny wise and pound foolish. Yes he has built a sustainable elite business but he has on a couple of occasions stood at the threshold of building an elite winning football team and lacked the vision to seize that opportunity and a bigger fortune as a result.

No one argues he has not been a good steward for the clubs stability but what is his sporting legacy as an owner? When we pushed Lecister for the title investment in two elite level players in my opinion yields a title, ditto when a Liverpool side we had dismantled 4-1 at Wembley added VVD and Alison to become the worlds best team by some distance had we matched that ambition where would we be? My belife is at the summit.

Yes we owe Levy a debt, but this does not mean he has not made mistakes, nor that he could have done better. I believe he lacks vision, and I also worry that the dual nature of the ground(NFL/Soccer) point to less than a total commitment to the football teams success. He has insured ENIC duel revenue streams certainly,but that term 'anchor tenant' should make you sick to your stomach, before we laugh too heartily at West ham. Many people think he has taken us as far as he can, just as he felt Pochettino and Jol had. I am certainly one if them.
And thank you for your eloquence by return.

The anchor tenant thing first - I’m pretty sure that’s just legal speak to show we are the main show in town over and above NFL.

And please let me confirm that I think Levy does stuff wrong. We have had chances to do better by signing a few players here and there.

But right now, I think ENIC are doing as well as they could be.

Ah !!

B..b...but only 275 members have voted.
So, in some strange ,alternative reality that means that the vast majority on here want him out.
Only I've never once actually claimed the vast majority want him out.

In fact, when I posted the poll you'll see on the first couple of pages I fully expected the number wanting him out to be less than 10%, and posted it in response to the numerous Poch Out polls running at the time.

That it's currently showing more than 1 in 4 have had enough is a really encouraging result in my opinion

I’d also suggest that this forum is a magnet for the more outspoken and negative of our fan base. Therefore I’d suggest that the actual numbers would be even wider apart.

Yes...Yes of course they are....I mean .How is it even possible that over a quarter of our fan base now think Levy should fuck off

tenor.gif

Yes...Yes of course they are....I mean .How is it even possible that over a quarter of our fan base now think Levy should fuck off

tenor.gif
it’s a quarter. That’s not much. And it’s not representative of our fan base either. It’s 70 odd people.

Come back and see me when it’s 50/50 with twenty thousand voters, then you’ll look like less of an attention seeking arsehole. Until then, back in your box sonny. There’s a good lad.

pipes Ok here's my go at a rebuttal. You have argued with some eloquence (I'll add) our debt to Levy and ENIC. Citing our toils with Iverson, Fox, Sinton, all of whom I remember with affection and dispair(I'll see them and raise you: Thomas, Doherty, and Booth.

You also talk correctly about infrastructure: training ground, lodge stadium. All of this overlooks the huge incremental fortunes in TV revenues, global streaming technology, and online merchandising that had zero to do with Levy and benefited all EPL owners in this period. Now as the clubs custodian what I'll give him is that he put that windfall into the football club which I'd not have trusted Sugar Venables or Scholar to do.
But -and I love a big one a brother can not lie- this misses the major criticism of him, that I and many have. Its not what he has done, but what he did not do. When posters say "I don't trust the slimy****" They often mean..."to finish the job" He is penny wise and pound foolish. Yes he has built a sustainable elite business but he has on a couple of occasions stood at the threshold of building an elite winning football team and lacked the vision to seize that opportunity and a bigger fortune as a result.

No one argues he has not been a good steward for the clubs stability but what is his sporting legacy as an owner? When we pushed Lecister for the title investment in two elite level players in my opinion yields a title, ditto when a Liverpool side we had dismantled 4-1 at Wembley added VVD and Alison to become the worlds best team by some distance had we matched that ambition where would we be? My belife is at the summit.

Yes we owe Levy a debt, but this does not mean he has not made mistakes, nor that he could have done better. I believe he lacks vision, and I also worry that the dual nature of the ground(NFL/Soccer) point to less than a total commitment to the football teams success. He has insured ENIC duel revenue streams certainly,but that term 'anchor tenant' should make you sick to your stomach, before we laugh too heartily at West ham. Many people think he has taken us as far as he can, just as he felt Pochettino and Jol had. I am certainly one if them.
Thats a great thought provoking post, Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow

Particularly pertinent is your'e reference to the Anchor Tenants.

Here, i'll remind everyone of the full statement

"It's an NFL stadium. And thats the key message

From the very start, during the design phase we have had NFL in mind

The ANCHOR TENNANT may be Tottenham Hotspur , BUT, this is designed to eventually become a permanent home for a NFL franchise outside of the United States "

A few on here may be surprised to learn this isn't some rambling of a frustrated forum member but the words of Tottenham Hotspurs very own Head of Business Development

If that doesn't send alarm bells ringing amongst the cultists then I think it's fair to say nothing ever will

The ANCHOR TENNANT may be Tottenham Hotspur , BUT, this is designed to eventually become a permanent home for a NFL franchise outside of the United States "

A few on here may be surprised to learn this isn't some rambling of a frustrated forum member but the words of Tottenham Hotspurs very own Head of Business Development

If that doesn't send alarm bells ringing amongst the cultists then I think it's fair to say nothing ever will
Wait, what?!? This is new information. Do you mean the Football Club don’t own the stadium, but are the main users of the stadium and they’ll also play NFL matches there? I may faint, I’m so shocked at these revelations.

Your tin foil hat is on squint.

Only I've never once actually claimed the vast majority want him out.

In fact, when I posted the poll you'll see on the first couple of pages I fully expected the number wanting him out to be less than 10%, and posted it in response to the numerous Poch Out polls running at the time.

That it's currently showing more than 1 in 4 have had enough is a really encouraging result in my opinion
Only I never mentioned you.

If it's that encouraging why do you keep starting other threads/polls along the same lines

Nope this is as always some rambling of a frustrated forum member, a simpleton who cherry picks sentences out of context to try and make his absurd position look relevant .. . so easy to make look stupid

Here's the question that Aidan was responding too in your selective quote above ... "Would your New Stadium be capable of Hosting a Superbowl?"

Put in context that reply makes perfect sense, I'd say good try John but frankly it was more pathetic trolling, a level which a ten year old could have managed ...

Sorry you keep hearing those alarm bells, try spending less time in your basement.

Last edited:

On our official accounts though, property, plant and equipment on our records stands at totalling £974,310,000. Is that including players or not? I can't see it being so if it isn't, what is that £1bn property that according to our official balance sheet that belongs to us JT?

You’ve got an agenda and that’s fine. Just accept and admit it. You also don’t have a clue why the stadium was built, or what the motivation of the board is. Not a single clue.

I will suggest it’s rare for a business to spend £1b on infrastructure to immediately expect their wallets to grow fatter. That tends to be a very long term strategy, so I’d settle in and get comfy with what’s happening.

As for doing the same as other clubs. Well, I suppose ENIC probably aren’t keen in just pumping billions into the playing side right now. Doubtful they’d want to lie and cheat about finances either. The problem about being behind other clubs is you can’t do the same as them and expect to overtake them. You have to do something different. It’s pretty basic really.

It’s a shame we can’t all get behind the club as a whole and believe we are trying to build something successful and sustainable.
My only agenda is with the constant backward steps this board takes, and have continued to do for about 10 plus years. I am old enough to remember way before levy and the state Irving scholar left us in.
If I have no clue about the cash cow stadium then I would love to be informed by someone who does know..
Obviously nobody expects the stadium to pay of instantly, but if you believe levy & co are not doing this for more profit then that's your naivety.
Other clubs like Chelsea and city have shown you have to have the best players to compete, it's simple.
No we don't have a sugar daddy but neither do other clubs that compete for the best players, but they also do not have premier league money...

My only agenda is with the constant backward steps this board takes, and have continued to do for about 10 plus years. I am old enough to remember way before levy and the state Irving scholar left us in.
If I have no clue about the cash cow stadium then I would love to be informed by someone who does know..
Obviously nobody expects the stadium to pay of instantly, but if you believe levy & co are not doing this for more profit then that's your naivety.
Other clubs like Chelsea and city have shown you have to have the best players to compete, it's simple.
No we don't have a sugar daddy but neither do other clubs that compete for the best players, but they also do not have premier league money...
Of course they are in it for profit. Their company name ends in “investment company”. It’s no secret.

But they will make more money if we are successful than they will if we aren’t. How do people not get this?

And you think we’ve been taking steps backwards in the last ten years? That’s mental.

Constant backward steps?

Horseshit. If you are old enough to remember scholar, you are old enough to remember Sugarunder whom it was a good year if we finished top ten. Who paid himself dividends. Who had the club rent his services as chairman from another of his companies. Who embarrassed the club at an international level with his post Klinsmann interview.

No one is saying there ain't been backwards steps under enic. With the benefit of hindsight, managerial appointments have been poor ( although in most cases well justifiable at the time...Ramos, for example, was considered quite the coup at the time)

But constant? Horseshit. We are in a better position under ENIC in every conceivable way than under their predecessor (the only other owners we have had in the premiership), so how can we have gone backwards?

Just looked at the table.
We're 2 points above fucking Burnley!
Do they have a Sheikh or an oligarch too?

Our squads a fucking mess. It's time for a change of ownership.
Oh come on now , they have transformed us , when ENIC and Levy came in we were a soft mid table pushover that couldn’t defend to save our lives and hardly ever won away from home

Look at us now and the transformation is startling

Plus we get to pay about 10 times the price for the privilege

And let’s not mention all the honours

Worlds best training ground
Worlds best stadium
Top 10 on the money list
Audi cup

Some people are never satisfied , in fact I hope there’s is a 20 percent ticket increase next year so I can show my appreciation for our glorious leaders

Levy and his puppet poch are solely to blame for this fucking shambles of a squad. The man Poch was desperate for is a disgrace to be called a professional athlete.

The guy is an actual cunt

His statement justifying us not spending reminded me of the queen during austerity saying we need to tighten our belts from her palace.

Levy the most well paid chairman in the league, charging the most expensive ticket prices etc tells us he's not really ever going to back a manager. Midget slaphead prick.

Back
Top Bottom