Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not even just our fans anymore that see the problem with this ownership.

The deficiencies are so plainly obvious.

That Utd fan is a bit of a clown tbh but he does make some fair points .
However the media do like to push the narrative of a big club in crisis.

I think a lot of the '1st choice' managers may say no because they don't want to risk their reputation. We had to pay Conte shedloads to come & he mainly did it to pass time while out of work.

Managers aren't stupid they know how competitive the league is & what they are up against.

Plenty of people available who we could still get onboard, Im sure Brendan would take it, Potter perhaps? A whole host of foreign names. Maybe the guy from Celtic if he fancied a bigger challenge?

There will be a lot out there who can come in & do a decent job.

The transfer window doesn't even open til well into June.
As long as we get someone in the next few weeks we will be fine.
Get the right man & back him.

No need to panic

Sport Swim GIF by SpecialOlympicsMA

What the fuck!!!

I don’t believe I am. Making assumptions about a relationship you know absolutely nothing about, is naive. Jose may have had loads of issues with Levy. I’ve no clue. This may be the only one. I’ve no clue about that either. I assume he wanted more money spent. I assume he was a bit pissed at being sacked, cup final or not. But I don’t know.

You KNOW why the misquote happened. I’m sure you do.
Mate, Mourinho is a manager that has worked under Abramovich, Florentino Perez and Woodward/The Glazers, each of them maligned owners/presidents etc in their own right, and he left each of them clubs in very dubious and acrimonious circumstances.
But you don’t see him calling any of them out, he isn’t calling United “the Mr Woodward club.” (And despite how some people try and dress it up, he left United in just as toxic circumstances as he left Spurs, possibly even worse)

The only one he calls out, is Daniel Levy.

Surely that has to cause a few alarm bells to ring for you? Surely?

Mate, Mourinho is a manager that has worked under Abramovich, Florentino Perez and Woodward/The Glazers, each of them maligned owners/presidents etc in their own right, and he left each of them clubs in very dubious and acrimonious circumstances.
But you don’t see him calling any of them out, he isn’t calling United “the Mr Woodward club.” (And despite how some people try and dress it up, he left United in just as toxic circumstances as he left Spurs, possibly even worse)

Fantastic post.

But sadly, no.
It won't set any alarm bells off for him :disdain:

I think a lot of the '1st choice' managers may say no because they don't want to risk their reputation. We had to pay Conte shedloads to come & he mainly did it to pass time while out of work.

Managers aren't stupid they know how competitive the league is & what they are up against.

Plenty of people available who we could still get onboard, Im sure Brendan would take it, Potter perhaps? A whole host of foreign names. Maybe the guy from Celtic if he fancied a bigger challenge?

No need to panic
Are you serious, this club is a laughing stock and a complete mess...and those managers you named are all 3rd rate.
This is why levy continues to laugh in all of our faces, because some fans say things like no need to panic, we'll going by the last 22 years I beg to differ

It doesn’t look good, no. But my original point is that the original video did not represent what was written. Both ways were negative. One a lot more than the other. And I’d imagine if you win trophies with clubs, you feel more of a bond, more affinity, than you would with clubs you didn’t win trophies at.

Nothing he said was wrong. Nothing he said surprised me. I think he was treated badly by us and he obviously feels the same. At least at those other clubs, he got a chance. Levy didn’t give him that in my opinion.

And to be clear, yet again, I think sacking him was a shit decision by Levy.

The reason why Leicester went down is because the owners poured so much money into the club (even broke FFP when they came up from the Championship and were fined and warned) they are now unwilling to bankroll the club, their project is done and they've been so careless to the point that they've somehow going to let their assets leave on a free on on the cheap, that's just total mismanagement and evidence of what a a real shitshow is but I guess cause they won the league no-one cares...

Say what you want about ENIC but we've already been in such a position in dire straits when we had to sack Ramos and bought Redknapp in, ENIC invested their own money in £86m and bought the likes of Palacios, Defoe etc and bought in Redknapp and we were saved, if we are somehow floundering near the bottom of the league believe you me Joe Lewis will somehow find money down the back of his sofa and spend...there's nothing worse that a dwindling asset to these owners and their business plan will fall flat on it's face if this club is relegated to the Championship.

So to compare us to Leicester is just lazy analysis, negligent on the footballing side they maybe but ENIC aren't stupid, there's no way they will let this club get relegated and I don't know why people are even entertaining that idea, it's complete and utter nonsense.
I don't think we will get relegated but this summer is definitely the time to do something about the problems with the team instead of waiting for the disaster to happen. Prevention is better than cure.

I'm concerned about the rut the team has been in for the last four years. Six managers have tried to fix it but none have succeeded and the lack of motivation in the squad is getting worse. Multiple managers over the duration of one season, heavy defeats, poor defending and an inability to put together a run of form all point towards relegation.

If we do nothing this summer, it may not be as simple as opening the chequebook to get us out of trouble. The above pathologies have all been demonstrated by clubs that have been relegated from the top flight and struggled to return.

Are you serious, this club is a laughing stock and a complete mess...and those managers you named are all 3rd rate.
This is why levy continues to laugh in all of our faces, because some fans say things like no need to panic, we'll going by the last 22 years I beg to differ
Not 3rd rate managers at all, not just 'flavour of the month' fashionable names.

Rodgers starts well & then seems to fade. No reason he couldn't do well here for a couple of seasons and get us over the hump.
Potter was the the chosen prem guy not long back, just because he couldn't sort the chelsea clusterfuck in a few months doesn't mean he would fail here.

Ange has done very well at Celtic.

Ok maybe some upcoming young coach from abroad or Carrick may be a good shout?

who would you suggest?

lol You're crazy, that's like saying that Liverpool should have sacked Klopp in 2017 when they didn't win the CL. What we should have done is given Poch the tools to succeed like Liverpool did because there is a strong possibility that things may have turned out just like them.
cant believe it !!! that is exactly what Levy should have done - I need a sitdown I,m agreeing with ShadyDan

Not 3rd rate managers at all, not just 'flavour of the month' fashionable names.

Rodgers starts well & then seems to fade. No reason he couldn't do well here for a couple of seasons and get us over the hump.
Potter was the the chosen prem guy not long back, just because he couldn't sort the chelsea clusterfuck in a few months doesn't mean he would fail here.

Ange has done very well at Celtic.

Ok maybe some upcoming young coach from abroad or Carrick may be a good shout?

who would you suggest?
Brendy did very well at Swansea and Celtic. And if Gerrard hadn’t turned up at one game wearing flippers, he’d have won the league with the red plague too.

Lost his way at Leicester, but won a pot and had a lot to contend with there. Wouldn’t be devastated if it were him.

Thing is, I was convinced that we’d struggle to get a “top” manager in when we sacked Jose. Thought everyone would look at it and think that if he can’t get us winning, who can. Then we end up with Conte eventually and he was regarded as a “top” manager. Turned out to be a twat, but still. We can attract most managers out there.

No need to panic
Transfer window opens 9 June. Two weeks before we reappoint Nuno.

Been away from this for a while. A good few months. Too depressing.

One question… is anyone still #LEVYIN?

Of course, if we are going to focus on the mistakes Levy has made, we need to also consider the successes when deciding who is best placed to take the club forward.

What is the alternative? We seem to look at the short term purple patch of Newcastle as the baseline. Let's seem how they do the next few seasons.

Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Woolwich have all had extended periods of poor performances over the last decade. What makes Spurs any different that we demand EVERY season we must perform and allow no time for a squad rebuild?

Levy has been a massive advocate for financial reform in the EPL to prevent sports washing by the $$$ clubs. He sits on senior boards for European football and has a voice in that respect.

Has Levy and ENIC made mistakes? YES. Handing the running of the football club to Italian crooks who ripped us off and left laughing with all our money in the bank.

Right, he's just a mouthpiece for the club. The thing is that it's such a weird message to be coming from the club.

Right or wrong, pulling the plug on Poch and having Jose in the door 11 hours later was a statement of intent, which the club-authorized Amazon documentary drove home aggressively. We need to win trophies, it's time to win trophies, the quest is to win trophies, the opportunity is right now.

Four loud, crazy, unhappy years later that mission stands as a comprehensive, unmitigated failure.

And to the question of "what is the plan now?" the answer always comes back "actually, you can't blame the chairman for the previous plan failing, it would be unreasonable to do so"

That's not an answer!
This is in fact one of my key criticisms of Levy. Are you sure this isn’t a strawman? Has ANYONE made the claim you have said is made?

Back
Top Bottom