Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah well that’s on people lacking critical thinking skills.
Sadly true and it seems that that ability to think critically is waning even more in this day and age with people favouring misinformation to enhance their position rather than using some introspection and just accepting that being objectively wrong sometimes is part of the human experience.

It all boils down to ego, some people get so attached to their own way of thinking that if they were to admit they are wrong it somehow devalues or negates every other opinion or position they have ever taken; maybe that speaks to wider society and the way we ostracize some people over a single bad opinion, I don't know tbh, but I do know it's incredibly frustrating.

You don't or shouldn't , build a 62,800 seater stadium, that is the envy of the world.
Only to challenge for 7th spot
Correct.

Pulling up the all-time English trophy tables makes for interesting discussion but totally misses the business reality.

This is fucking telling. Can't act believe we sacked him before a final. Imagine being in a final now - and we just threw it away

Neither Mourinho or Conte completed a full season in charge.

It is a total, rolling, ongoing nervous breakdown at the club since the dodgy wiring fiasco blew up the Summer 2018 transfer window.

Just a truly insane, unhinged refusal to engage with reality since then from the boardroom.

It's an irrecoverable downward spiral without changes that can never and will never happen under Levy.

_129864577_gettyimages-1133769969.jpg

I would love it if some of our fans man up some banners with the words EAR and draped them just in the right place to make TO DARE IS TO DEAR

Spurs were the London glamour club from 1960 - 1990.

Spurs bought the best and were the entertainers.

Spurs have lost that since the inception of the Premier League.

Sugar and ENIC under Levy have turned the club into something else.

Spurs current identity crisis is completely down to the way the club has been / is being run.

How Levy could think he can still two bob it at the megadome is the biggest clue as to how out of touch he is.
Sure we were seen as 'glamour' club & played great football but it didn't equate to winning lots of titles.

Chelsea were also see as a glamour club in the 60s with the kings rd being the 'in' place.

Yes I agree we had glam appeal & we won a lot of cups.
The premier League has changed the game.

Levy has certainly killed the glitter

May have been the best time in our history but let's be honest other clubs won more in those 30 years.

We won 1 title.

On reflection was it not all a bit fur coat & no knickers?

T
Correct.

Pulling up the all-time English trophy tables makes for interesting discussion but totally misses the business reality.

Neither Mourinho or Conte completed a full season in charge.

It is a total, rolling, ongoing nervous breakdown at the club since the dodgy wiring fiasco blew up the Summer 2018 transfer window.

Just a truly insane, unhinged refusal to engage with reality since then from the boardroom.

It's an irrecoverable downward spiral without changes that can never and will never happen under Levy.
The club is a mess, it will be the start of June next week, with pre season friendlies in place for July.
Yet we have, no manager, no DOF, loads of players to sell, and players to bring in, I just can't see us starting the season in a good place.
I think we might be in more trouble than we first feared under this circus mob.

Leicester 5th, 5th, 9th, relegation. With Maddison, Barnes, Ndidi, Tielemans, Castagne, Iheanacho. Lack of investment and injuries this season but you cant say their squad is a lot worse than ours. Kane the difference.

The reason why Leicester went down is because the owners poured so much money into the club (even broke FFP when they came up from the Championship and were fined and warned) they are now unwilling to bankroll the club, their project is done and they've been so careless to the point that they've somehow going to let their assets leave on a free on on the cheap, that's just total mismanagement and evidence of what a a real shitshow is but I guess cause they won the league no-one cares...

Say what you want about ENIC but we've already been in such a position in dire straits when we had to sack Ramos and bought Redknapp in, ENIC invested their own money in £86m and bought the likes of Palacios, Defoe etc and bought in Redknapp and we were saved, if we are somehow floundering near the bottom of the league believe you me Joe Lewis will somehow find money down the back of his sofa and spend...there's nothing worse that a dwindling asset to these owners and their business plan will fall flat on it's face if this club is relegated to the Championship.

So to compare us to Leicester is just lazy analysis, negligent on the footballing side they maybe but ENIC aren't stupid, there's no way they will let this club get relegated and I don't know why people are even entertaining that idea, it's complete and utter nonsense.

why aren’t the tickets 7th most expensive? Rip off cunts, stfu

Our st holders were very helpful and put big standard tickets on StubHub at £200 / £300 + for some matches. Which sold.

Then we went to Wembley and paid more money there.

Gave Levy all the information he needed ti charge super high prices and not need to get naming rights.
Makes me laugh when they say “Spurs family”.
If your family wants to take all your money of you all the time then they are great family members.
Interesting to see how supply and demand works out for him with no Kane and son though.

No European football next season will help him out as there will be less chances for members to go to matches. So expect a good uptake on tickets in the exchange if people need their spurs fix.

He’s got a captive audience. Maybe the Levy out noise will get louder but people are going to be paying a premium to shout that at him next season.

The reason why Leicester went down is because the owners poured so much money into the club (even broke FFP when they came up from the Championship and were fined and warned) they are now unwilling to bankroll the club, their project is done and they've been so careless to the point that they've somehow going to let their assets leave on a free on on the cheap, that's just total mismanagement and evidence of what a a real shitshow is but I guess cause they won the league no-one cares...

Say what you want about ENIC but we've already been in such a position in dire straits when we had to sack Ramos and bought Redknapp in, ENIC invested their own money in £86m and bought the likes of Palacios, Defoe etc and bought in Redknapp and we were saved, if we are somehow floundering near the bottom of the league believe you me Joe Lewis will somehow find money down the back of his sofa and spend...there's nothing worse that a dwindling asset to these owners and their business plan will fall flat on it's face if this club is relegated to the Championship.

So to compare us to Leicester is just lazy analysis, negligent on the footballing side they maybe but ENIC aren't stupid, there's no way they will let this club get relegated and I don't know why people are even entertaining that idea, it's complete and utter nonsense.
I didnt compare us to them. Its an example of how a club can be performing well, with a decent squad and then out of nowhere have 1 bad season and go down. I dont think we will go down because if we are in trouble we will go and spend a fortune in January like we did in 2009. Its a shame that will to improve wasnt there when we were close to being title winners.

I didnt compare us to them. Its an example of how a club can be performing well, with a decent squad and then out of nowhere have 1 bad season and go down. I dont think we will go down because if we are in trouble we will go and spend a fortune in January like we did in 2009. Its a shame that will to improve wasnt there when we were close to being title winners.

You're literally making a comparison.

This is fucking telling. Can't act believe we sacked him before a final. Imagine being in a final now - and we just threw it away

Let's not forget this has been happening for years...

Tottenham reached the last four of the 2000–01 FA Cup with a 3–2 victory over West Ham United 11 March 2001 and Graham was looking forward to pitting his wits against his former club Woolwich in the semi-finals.

He was sacked on 16 March 2001, soon after the club had been purchased by ENIC, for alleged breach of contract.

The club stated that Graham had been issued "several written warnings prior to his sacking for giving out what was deemed by the club as being private information" before, earlier that week, apparently informing the media he had "a limited budget" for new players and expressing his disappointment with it.

This led to his being summoned to a meeting with Spurs executive vice-chairman David Buchler, after which he was dismissed. Buchler subsequently questioned whether Graham had the interests of the club at heart and described his conduct in the meeting as "aggressive and defiant".

Graham's legal representatives issued a statement expressing he was "shocked and upset to have been sacked and could not believe such a flimsy excuse was given". It went on to say that Graham "believes ENIC always intended to sack him."

I’ve also seen the video. (If it’s the same one you’re talking about where Mourinho is speaking in English)

He literally says he has a close affection to every club he’s been at “except the Mr Levy team.” (I actually like he has called us that, as it seems like he sees Levy is the problem, not Tottenham Hotspur)

I’m not a Mourinho fan by any means, and I was against his appointment from the outset, however, considering the clubs he has managed, his undoubted knowledge of the game and some of the acrimonious exits he’s had from other clubs he’s managed, for him to say that Spurs are the only club he doesn’t like, and singling out Levy as he did, is an absolutely damning indictment no matter how you try to dress it up.

He said 'Mr Levy' instead of 'President' - I don't think that makes any difference. LOTS of ex players/managers are starting to speak out against Danny Boy.

They can't all be wrong, can they?
The tweet quoted him word for word. Until the very end, where it said “President Levy didn’t give too much”.

What he actually said was “Didn’t let me play the final and win the trophy.”

Ask yourself why every word was verbatim until this final sentence.

Two possibilities in my eyes. One is that the writer, after going to all the work of doing the rest of the post word for word decided that he just couldn’t be arsed to do the last sentence. Possible I suppose.

Possibility two, what was actually said shows Jose’s main gripe against Levy. A huge and understandable one that I’ve said many times on here. Lunacy to sack him the week before a final. No matter the reason. Massive fuck up. But by saying “didn’t give too much”, it makes it more general. Like there’s many things that were wrong and not this one single thing.

It’s agenda driven and hungrily gobbled up by the masses as stone tablets from upon the mount.

Nothing wrong with anything Jose actually said and it already paints Levy in a shit light. So why lie? Just to make it even worse. And it does. But it’s a lie nonetheless.

This is the kind of shit that happens on here all the time.

Spot on👍 I don't think there is a remote chance we get close to relegation.

One of Leicester owners main business was the duty free shops in Thailand & other tourist related ventures. The pandemic killed them as tourism dropped to virtually zero for pretty much 2 full years.
They had already won a title & made the call to stop funding Leicester.

Enic won't do that.

And I fh
Let's not forget this has been happening for years...

Tottenham reached the last four of the 2000–01 FA Cup with a 3–2 victory over West Ham United 11 March 2001 and Graham was looking forward to pitting his wits against his former club Woolwich in the semi-finals.

He was sacked on 16 March 2001, soon after the club had been purchased by ENIC, for alleged breach of contract.

The club stated that Graham had been issued "several written warnings prior to his sacking for giving out what was deemed by the club as being private information" before, earlier that week, apparently informing the media he had "a limited budget" for new players and expressing his disappointment with it.

This led to his being summoned to a meeting with Spurs executive vice-chairman David Buchler, after which he was dismissed. Buchler subsequently questioned whether Graham had the interests of the club at heart and described his conduct in the meeting as "aggressive and defiant".

Graham's legal representatives issued a statement expressing he was "shocked and upset to have been sacked and could not believe such a flimsy excuse was given". It went on to say that Graham "believes ENIC always intended to sack him."
And I think the courts eventually found in GG’s favour didn’t they ?

Sadly true and it seems that that ability to think critically is waning even more in this day and age with people favouring misinformation to enhance their position rather than using some introspection and just accepting that being objectively wrong sometimes is part of the human experience.

It all boils down to ego, some people get so attached to their own way of thinking that if they were to admit they are wrong it somehow devalues or negates every other opinion or position they have ever taken; maybe that speaks to wider society and the way we ostracize some people over a single bad opinion, I don't know tbh, but I do know it's incredibly frustrating.
Couldn’t agree more, although I have a feeling we are talking about different groups here. Critical thinking does lack as there seems to be a huge amount of credence given to “it’s been typed out on Twitter, so it must be true”.

Critical thinking doesn’t mean posting opinion as fact. It doesn’t mean thinking you know what is happening at the club. Or what is in Levy’s mind. What our transfer plans are etc.

What I see on here is:

Levy lacks ambition.
He’s still too involved in football matters.
Kane is leaving in the summer.
We are in danger of relegation.
Some banter about Beyoncé of GoKarts.

Stuff like this isn’t even thinking. It’s just repeatedly posting to get half a dozen likes or funnies from the gang. The need for acceptance.

Others see the good and the bad. You are one of these. I feel I’m another. I’m not admitting to being wrong as I don’t think I am. Yet. I may be. I may not be. Fuck knows. But I’m not going to let posters on here, folk on Twitter or ropey journalists change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom