Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the narrative that is finally, justifiably ending.

Levy's business acumen and his football acumen are one and the same: stuck in the mentality of about a decade ago.
Yeah, you continually say that, but your only actual proof is the lack of a stadium sponsor which is a catering market across sports as its borne out to have very little actual value.

I was really hoping you were.

Sorry I wasn't clear: your opinion is of no consequence.

Going Pitch Perfect GIF

But like....the "winning manager hypothesis" only arose AFTER the Poch situation had gone tits up. It was in direct response to things going sour with Poch.

No club on earth would have sacked Poch after either of 15/16 or 16/17, as a matter of fact he was highly sought after by just about everybody.

We heard you. Your point doesn't make sense.

Yeah, you continually say that, but your only actual proof is the lack of a stadium sponsor which is a catering market across sports as its borne out to have very little actual value.
I mean that's a big individual failure, the NFL's interest starting to drift being another notable issue, but I was more just referring to the overall poor business positioning of the club.

We've got the world's best money-spinning stadium and yet won't position the football club to take advantage of it. That just doesn't make any sense.

I also reject the notion of a clean dividing line between football and business in the abstract (FSG absolutely had strategic input on the major decisions that sent the Klopp project skyward), and especially with Daniel Levy specifically, where it's totally fanciful to think you can un-ring the bell of him being the final word on all transfer dealings.

He isn't capable of running the institution his decisions and delivery on infrastructure projects have built. The club is too big and the industry has changed too much. That's all there is to it.

we probably should have sacked Poch after 16/17 and appointed someone like Mourinho. It's what other clubs bent on silverware would have done.
The bolded is wrong. Apologies for your hurt feelings.

I mean that's a big individual failure, the NFL's interest starting to drift being another notable issue, but I was more just referring to the overall poor business positioning of the club.

We've got the world's best money-spinning stadium and yet won't position the football club to take advantage of it. That just doesn't make any sense.

I also reject the notion of a clean dividing line between football and business in the abstract (FSG absolutely had strategic input on the major decisions that sent the Klopp project skyward), and especially with Daniel Levy specifically, where it's totally fanciful to think you can un-ring the bell of him being the final word on all transfer dealings.

He isn't capable of running the institution his decisions and delivery on infrastructure projects have built. The club is too big and the industry has changed too much. That's all there is to it.
A good percentage of the events now pitched at the megadome would have gone to Wembley Stadium in the past.

I'm sure the F.A. must have been thrilled about that. As they probably were when they found out about Levy's role in the European Super League.

Levy is a man still digging, in a hole he dug for himself, whilst burning all his bridges at the same time.

Those still defending Levy would do well to remember that his main period of success came off the back of plundering West Ham United and Leeds United for their best players once these clubs got into relegation and financial difficulties.

He used similar tactics on the loyal Spurs supporters by instigating a season ticket waiting list and using it as a stick to beat them with, during renewal periods, having increased ticket prices. The spoofer even took away discount in the club shop for the most loyal supporters who stumped up in advance of the season. These are the calculated actions of a mean and miserly person motivated by greed.

A completely different criteria and logic has always been applied to his own remuneration and benefits package.

The double standards Levy has lived by whilst running Spurs have never been a secret.

The man is a glorified pawn broker who believes in his own legend.

The decent appointments he has made were; Arnesen, Jol, Redknapp, Poch and Mitchell.

Arnesen was poached by Chelsea and he sacked all the rest.

The treatment of Jol in particular, a good man, warm human being, has never sat right with me. Jol was humiliated for objecting to the sale of Berbatov having already had Carrick sold from under him.

It's a similar tale with all the player recruitment.

The appointments made by Levy that have worked out well were all made between 2005 - 2014.

Every appointment before and after this period has been average or poor.

It's fair to say Levy would sack Levy.

Last edited:

You're reaching hard blaming any tempered interest from the NFL on Levy. First, I don't even believe it's true - it's only true if you ever talked yourself into the bollocks about the NFL putting a team in London permanently. That was never on the cards. The NFL wants to expand the slate of international games, certainly, but they also want to grow the footprint. Neither of those things are in Levy's control, nor are they explicitly in the NFL's control. Any additional international games have to be collectively bargained with the players' union and that window won't reopen for several more years.

How are we not taking advantage of the money spinning capabilities of the stadium. We've literally hacked off the council by overbooking the stadium. We built a fucking go-karts track to increase off day revenue. There's not a rock not being lifted to find revenue.

You're giving FSG far too much credit for Liverpool's thread-the-needle run of success. They nailed their transfer business with an unprecedented and unsustainable streak of success. They have now fallen back to earth, again, because what they did was unsustainable.

Spurs have spent roughly the same amount over FSG's ownership period, but our scouting was shit by comparison. Our purchases did not succeed where theirs did.

Likewise, where Levy stubbornly clutched onto the Poch era squad, Liverpool sold their most valuable player in 3 out of 4 years. FSG didn't fund their success, they rebuilt their squad and the scouts hit on basically every throw of the dice. Spam and Everton outspent both of our clubs over the past decade. The difference between them, us, and Liverpool is scouting.

A good percentage of the events now pitched at the megadome would have gone to Wembley Stadium in the past.

I'm sure the F.A. must have been thrilled about that. As they probably were when they found out about Levy's role in the European Super League.

Levy is a man still digging, in a hole he dug for himself, whilst burning all his bridges at the same time.

Those still defending Levy would do well to remember that his main period of success came off the back of plundering West Ham United and Leeds United for their best players once these teams got into relegation and financial difficulties.

The man is a glorified pawn broker who believes in his own legend.

The decent appointments he has made were; Arnesen, Jol, Redknapp, Poch and Mitchell.

Arnesen was poached by Chelsea and he sacked all the rest.

It's a similar tale with the player recruitment.

The appointments made by Levy that have worked out well were all made between 2005 - 2014.

Every appointment before and after this period has been average or poor.

It's fair to say Levy would sack Levy.
And this still gives him too much credit because Jol and Pochettino were not his top pics in the first place.

You're reaching hard blaming any tempered interest from the NFL on Levy.
All I'm saying is that Levy's reputation as this business genius, this fox in among the chicken coop of musty old idiots who run football clubs, is an ancient and expired narrative. He's a complete dinosaur now.

Putting a chinese wall between him and anything to do with football completely misses that underlying truth.
You're giving FSG far too much credit for Liverpool's thread-the-needle run of success. They nailed their transfer business
This is genuinely all I'm saying about FSG. They saw their moment and rose to it and it paid off. This is sports, winning matters!

All I'm saying is that Levy's reputation as this business genius, this fox in among the chicken coop of musty old idiots who run football clubs, is an ancient and expired narrative. He's a complete dinosaur now.

Putting a chinese wall between him and anything to do with football completely misses that underlying truth.

This is genuinely all I'm saying about FSG. They saw their moment and rose to it and it paid off. This is sports, winning matters!
I think he is universally despised for the way he treats everyone.

Players, supporters, agents, buying and selling clubs, managers, sporting directors, the F.A. and so on.

If you are a complete cunt to everyone; most of the time, you often end up in the position Levy currently finds himself in.

I was a moderate seeing pros and cons of Levy rule... get the fuck out out of this club (which you are killing) is my stance after this season . Fucking prick

Back
Top Bottom