Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

_129864577_gettyimages-1133769969.jpg

I would love it if some of our fans man up some banners with the words EAR and draped them just in the right place to make TO DARE IS TO DEAR
*TOO DEAR

:richtongue:

The extra inch podcast are just a bunch of tossers. Woke dickheads and they can fuck themselves like you can.
We don't need another happy clapper cunt spending all day posting bollock after bollock .
Spare us the crap
‘Woke dickheads’ lol

What nice people? Don’t like them don’t listen. They get thousands of listeners each week

I think we have something like 24 points from 21 matches since 1 Jan. That’s not too far relegation form and it’s with Harry Kane.

if Kane leaves in the summer and Levy doesn’t get the managerial choice right - It could get alot worse than people expect. Is relegation likely? No - But I don’t it’s as far fetched as people think.

Maybe the saving grace would be that if we are in and around the relegation places in January, Levy would open up the purse stings and spend 250M on transfers in.

I think we have something like 24 points from 21 matches since 1 Jan. That’s not too far relegation form and it’s with Harry Kane.

if Kane leaves in the summer and Levy doesn’t get the managerial choice right - It could get alot worse than people expect. Is relegation likely? No - But I don’t it’s as far fetched as people think.

Maybe the saving grace would be that if we are in and around the relegation places in January, Levy would open up the purse stings and spend 250M on transfers in.
Last 10 we’re in 15th place in the form table. 2 points from the last 6 away games.

And that’s with Kane’s goals.

Worrying signs. We need to shape up, and sharpish.

Kane will be asking to leave this summer.

Even if he stays, we could easily be in a relegation scrap next season.

This type of chaos and ineptitude seeps into all parts of an organization.

If Levy tries to Nuno this next appointment, everyone in the club will feel the decline in the club acutely.

He's a club employee FFS...weird that people expect him to publicly slag his employer. So, what, he can get sacked?
Right, he's just a mouthpiece for the club. The thing is that it's such a weird message to be coming from the club.

Right or wrong, pulling the plug on Poch and having Jose in the door 11 hours later was a statement of intent, which the club-authorized Amazon documentary drove home aggressively. We need to win trophies, it's time to win trophies, the quest is to win trophies, the opportunity is right now.

Four loud, crazy, unhappy years later that mission stands as a comprehensive, unmitigated failure.

And to the question of "what is the plan now?" the answer always comes back "actually, you can't blame the chairman for the previous plan failing, it would be unreasonable to do so"

That's not an answer!

It was stupid to appoint Mourinho. It was right to sack Mourinho. It was stupid to sack Mourinho 6 days before a final.
Easy to say this in hindsight, but every rival supporter I know was super bummed at his appointment, after a few hours of bantering us about Pochettino's sacking.

It was a bold move by Levy.

Agree, the timing of his sacking made zero sense. We'd all love some transparency about this decision, but I also understand why certain things must remain behind-closed-doors.

Easy to say this in hindsight, but every rival supporter I know was super bummed at his appointment, after a few hours of bantering us about Pochettino's sacking.

Agree, the timing of his sacking made zero sense. We'd all love some transparency about this decision, but I also understand why certain things must remain behind-closed-doors.
Its not hindsight, said it at the time. Terrible fit, not Tottenham football, was always going to fall out over transfers. It wasnt bold, it was lazy and unimaginative.

Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle were yoyo clubs before the money arrived.

Spurs need Qatar to climb above United, Woolwich and Liverpool.

Without that type of backing it looks as though Levy will be doing his best Gordon Brittas impression at the megadome while Mason (or Colin as Gordon refers to him) will continue the caretaker gig in between spying and grassing on the head of the department.

Here's a day in the life of Dan, Ryan and Donna.

I agree the quickest route up the totem pole is state ownership.

I'm not a fan because I can't abide murderous middle Eastern dictatorships sportswashing.

I guess a wealthy American who put money in would be preferable.

Ideally Enic being from the UK , investing more into good management structure & the squad would be better. Or someone like that Jim Radcliffe guy who is looking at Man U maybe?

More made up nonsense.
You have no idea who wanted him sacked or how many . just making it to suit your narrative about the fanbase.

Do you know what a generalisation is? This fanbase is a figure of speech mate, I don't literally mean every fucking fan

The vast majority of this fanbase were happy that he was sacked, that's from what I saw on social media, forums, phone ins etc...

Now until you have some concrete evidence that lays contrary to my opinion you should probably quit with pettiness and actually show me...

And if you didn't want him sacked well done you :thumbup:

Jose was a bad fit but nobody can question the ambition in appointing him.

The problem was misunderstanding the level of investment Jose needs to win in the prem.

Every rival fan isn’t aware of our way of working and the things that make us good. He should have never been hired and it went almost exactly how I predicted.

Jose was the antithesis of that. He can hold the trophy argument against us, but he binned Foyth and then he went and won Europa with Villarreal! Did he not see the winner in him?

Villarreal didn’t need Jose to win trophies, neither did Napoli, Atletico, Sevilla, Frankfurt, Lille etc. etc.

Such a moronic move because Levy was doing it to avoid the rebuild Poch was insisting upon and the last 4 years have been wasted.

I agree the quickest route up the totem pole is state ownership.

I'm not a fan because I can't abide murderous middle Eastern dictatorships sportswashing.

I guess a wealthy American who put money in would be preferable.

Ideally Enic being from the UK , investing more into good management structure & the squad would be better. Or someone like that Jim Radcliffe guy who is looking at Man U maybe?

ENIC = English National Investment Company

About as well run as the English parliament right now.

The premier league clearly doesn't give a fuck about the club being English owned.

Why would fans care if the club is owned by an English company if that just = a buy cheap, buy twice attitude to investing in the squad and chaotic management of the club.

Basically UK owners just mean boredom and soul-destroying, chaotic mismanagement. Why is that better because it's British?

Every rival fan isn’t aware of our way of working and the things that make us good. He should have never been hired and it went almost exactly how I predicted.

Jose was the antithesis of that. He can hold the trophy argument against us, but he binned Foyth and then he went and won Europa with Villarreal! Did he not see the winner in him?

Villarreal didn’t need Jose to win trophies, neither did Napoli, Atletico, Sevilla, Frankfurt, Lille etc. etc.

Such a moronic move because Levy was doing it to avoid the rebuild Poch was insisting upon and the last 4 years have been wasted.
Jose binned Salah and De Bruyne before he binned Foyth.

Levy employed him after this.

The man is anti football.

Jose was a bad fit but nobody can question the ambition in appointing him.

The problem was misunderstanding the level of investment Jose needs to win in the prem.
I don’t think any investment would have worked with Jose. He’d have been a bit better, maybe enough to sneak top 4 but not enough to contend for anything real.

Look at United and how poor he was there. If you fail with United’s resources, you will fail at spurs.

Jose is doing well with Roma only in cups. He’s been pretty mediocre in the league.

I don’t think any investment would have worked with Jose. He’d have been a bit better, maybe enough to sneak top 4 but not enough to contend for anything real.

Look at United and how poor he was there. If you fail with United’s resources, you will fail at spurs.

Jose is doing well with Roma only in cups. He’s been pretty mediocre in the league.
He’s spent the most money in Serie A since his arrival too.

He’s a Unai Emery level manager these days and that’s fine.

Back
Top Bottom